More proof...liberalism is idiotic*!

LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:
”I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I’m not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it’s an interesting coincidence.” ~ Rep. Michele Bachmann

More proof conservatives say idiotic things.

Another quote from LongGone....I'm sure it's contextually accurate....just like his other posts!  ;)

Once again it is easier to imply that a statement is contextually inaccurate than provide any proof. You are the one who attributed the reason for the change in the urination law in NYC incorrectly and have posted what may be less than truthful facts about Planned Parenthood. No one ever provided context for the Rush statement and the Glenn Beck was just as bad with the context. You love to thank me for playing but it appears you are the one who plays with truth.

Thanks for playing!

I seem to recall providing the context for at least one outrageous statement.  And the context of another that someone (not you) misused. 

There are lots of conservatives who are sarcastic and write satire.  Ann Coulter is one.  She provides tons of ammunition for those who like to take things out of context, and I'm sure she's not bothered by it.  Like when she said we should go to Arab countries and force them to become Christians or die.  Out of context, that's a horrible thing to say.  But she was only making a point that people would be outraged by that, yet aren't outraged that Muslims convert people with the threat of death all the time.  But I've seen that quoted many times without the context just to make her look bad.

LongGone said:
Another quote from LongGone....I'm sure it's contextually accurate....just like his other posts!  ;)

Once again it is easier to imply that a statement is contextually inaccurate than provide any proof. You are the one who attributed the reason for the change in the urination law in NYC incorrectly and have posted what may be less than truthful facts about Planned Parenthood. No one ever provided context for the Rush statement and the Glenn Beck was just as bad with the context. You love to thank me for playing but it appears you are the one who plays with truth.

Thanks for playing!

I did not imply your statements from Rush and Glen Beck were contextually inaccurate....they flat out were contextually innacurate!
The NY Post article was specifically about NY's liberal mayor and his idiotic policies!
You seem to have an irresistible urge to defend liberal idiocy....thanks for playing! :)

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.
Fortunately, no matter how you shuck, jive and spin, the links I posted illustrating liberal idiocy can speak for themselves.
Thanks for playing....fast and loose with the facts! :D

rsc2a said:
So still not interested in the words of Jesus?

I'm interested. As a "pastor", how would you counsel someone who repeatedly and knowing ignored the direct commands of Jesus?
Bump.

rsc2a said:
rsc2a said:

I'm interested. As a "pastor", how would you counsel someone who repeatedly and knowing ignored the direct commands of Jesus?
Bump.

BIG BUMP!

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
rsc2a said:

Bump.

BIG BUMP!

I would say that I'm surprised someone who calls themselves a pastor would refuse to answer that question, but sadly, it's not really all that surprising after all.

The Rogue Tomato said:
LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:
”I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I’m not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it’s an interesting coincidence.” ~ Rep. Michele Bachmann

More proof conservatives say idiotic things.

Thanks for playing!

I seem to recall providing the context for at least one outrageous statement.  And the context of another that someone (not you) misused. 

There are lots of conservatives who are sarcastic and write satire.  Ann Coulter is one.  She provides tons of ammunition for those who like to take things out of context, and I'm sure she's not bothered by it.  Like when she said we should go to Arab countries and force them to become Christians or die.  Out of context, that's a horrible thing to say.  But she was only making a point that people would be outraged by that, yet aren't outraged that Muslims convert people with the threat of death all the time.  But I've seen that quoted many times without the context just to make her look bad.

What I remember is you providing context to the Glenn Beck statement which did not make it much less idiotic.I agree that both sides are guilty of what Tarheel Baptist regularly does in posting one sided stories

Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:

Thanks for playing!

I did not imply your statements from Rush and Glen Beck were contextually inaccurate....they flat out were contextually innacurate!
The NY Post article was specifically about NY's liberal mayor and his idiotic policies!
You seem to have an irresistible urge to defend liberal idiocy....thanks for playing! :)

Fortunately, no matter how you shuck, jive and spin, the links I posted illustrating liberal idiocy can speak for themselves.

The reason for changing the peeing to a summary offense had nothing to do with liberal policy...it was a fix for a problem irregardless of whether the mayor or the counsel was liberal or conservative.  You chose to post a NY Post article that failed to present the whole story.

Many of your articles can not speak for themselves because they are one sided.

Your articles are guilty of playing loose with facts. The sad part is you are not playing...you believe the stuff you post without any verification.

We need to uptick our image with everyone, including one-armed midgets. ~ Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele

More proof conservatives say idiotic and hurtful things

LongGone said:
What I remember is you providing context to the Glenn Beck statement which did not make it much less idiotic.

Your quote out of context implied he was talking about all 3,000 of the families.  He was talking about 10.  And even that context isn't complete, since we don't know which 10, or what they did to annoy him, or how they may have been ungrateful for all the help they received. 

So it may not have been idiotic at all.  I don't know, but the context shows you that it's possible. 

I'm sure conservatives have said idiotic things, even with the context.  But anyone can make something seem idiotic when you take what people are saying out of context. 

On the other hand, I can list countless quotes from progressives, with their complete context, which are idiotic.  Progressivism is, itself, idiotic.

LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:

Thanks for playing!

The reason for changing the peeing to a summary offense had nothing to do with liberal policy...it was a fix for a problem irregardless of whether the mayor or the counsel was liberal or conservative.  You chose to post a NY Post article that failed to present the whole story.

Your articles are guilty of playing loose with facts. The sad part is you are not playing...you believe the stuff you post without any verification.

Okay, I can be sympathetic with your wanting to be evenhanded and all but I cannot abide by this totally unacceptable use of a non-existent word.  :mad:

;)

The Rogue Tomato said:
LongGone said:
What I remember is you providing context to the Glenn Beck statement which did not make it much less idiotic.

Your quote out of context implied he was talking about all 3,000 of the families.  He was talking about 10.  And even that context isn't complete, since we don't know which 10, or what they did to annoy him, or how they may have been ungrateful for all the help they received. 

So it may not have been idiotic at all.  I don't know, but the context shows you that it's possible. 

I'm sure conservatives have said idiotic things, even with the context.  But anyone can make something seem idiotic when you take what people are saying out of context. 

On the other hand, I can list countless quotes from progressives, with their complete context, which are idiotic.  Progressivism is, itself, idiotic.

Exactly!
The reason liberals refer to themselves as progressive is because liberalism is, itself, idiotic.

subllibrm said:
LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:

Thanks for playing!

Okay, I can be sympathetic with your wanting to be evenhanded and all but I cannot abide by this totally unacceptable use of a non-existent word.  :mad:

Fair enough. Married to a former English teacher and current librarian...corrected quite often...fairly slow learner :D

;)

The Rogue Tomato said:
LongGone said:

[/quote

Yes I think it was easier to understand with the context but nevertheless still idiotic IMHO.  I can list countless quotes from both conservatives and liberals/progressives that fall into the idiotic category. I personally believe that when you fall to the very right or the very left that you are prone to making statements that are blinded by your bias.

They are offended by the Confederate Battle Flag but not by the sale of baby body parts!

Tarheel Baptist said:
They are offended by the Confederate Battle Flag but not by the sale of baby body parts!

Are you saying that you are for the Confederate Flag flying over a State Capitol building? It would be interesting to know if in your heart you are as grieved for the liberal people that were shot and killed in Charleston as you are about the alleged sale of baby body parts?

LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Are you saying that you are for the Confederate Flag flying over a State Capitol building? It would be interesting to know if in your heart you are as grieved for the liberal people that were shot and killed in Charleston as you are about the alleged sale of baby body parts?

Merely pointing out...yet again...the idiocy of liberal illogic!
I have always publicly questioned  the logic of the Confederate flag flying in our (NC) Capitol twice a year.
Those in Charleston who lost their lives were in a prayer meeting...and my family stopped by the church during our vacation in Charleston to pay respects.
The sale of body parts is vile...evil and cruel...and I guess profitable to the soul-less liberals who run PP!

You use typical liberal tactics...demonize your 'opponent' and let the facts be damned!

Thanks for playing...fast and loose with the truth!  ;)

I have no idea where, when or who, but someone posted the following: .

"For the most part the IRS has been tolerant to both the right and the left when it comes to political speech in church."

Apparently this person is unaware of "walking around money", or the totally illegal dealings of REVERENDs Al Shapton and Jesse Jackson who regularly speak from pulpits not only plugging democratic candidates, excoriating republicans and even inciting violence. Nor the many Churches that have, in fact been shut down for doing half as much on the other side., Nor how many conservative Christian organizations like Focus on the Family who scrupulously avoid party affiliations get audited continously while many, many liberal pastors have tax free personal homes all over without a single IRS question.

I have no idea, no idea at all, who that liberal is, but clearly his mind is Long Gone.

I hope he stops Smellin Coffee and drinks some because he needs to wake up before they come for him.

Tarheel Baptist said:
LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Merely pointing out...yet again...the idiocy of liberal illogic!
I have always publicly questioned  the logic of the Confederate flag flying in our (NC) Capitol twice a year.
Those in Charleston who lost their lives were in a prayer meeting...and my family stopped by the church during our vacation in Charleston to pay respects.
The sale of body parts is vile...evil and cruel...and I guess profitable to the soul-less liberals who run PP!

You use typical liberal tactics...demonize your 'opponent' and let the facts be damned!

Thanks for playing...fast and loose with the truth!  ;)

I didn't play fast and loose with the truth.  I asked you a question and got an answer that I respect. While surprised I admire you for taking time to pay respect for those who lost their lives in Charleston. I thank you for it.

On the other hand if if 'demonize your opponent and let the fact be damned' are liberal tactics then you as a conservative have used those "liberal tactics" as well as a any liberal by posting articles full of half truths including that at this point the Planned Parenthood issue has not been verified.

Also the reason I questioned your stand on the confederate flag was that it was easy to infer from your previous post that you didn't think it was an issue.

cubanito said:
I have no idea where, when or who, but someone posted the following: .

"For the most part the IRS has been tolerant to both the right and the left when it comes to political speech in church."

Apparently this person is unaware of "walking around money", or the totally illegal dealings of REVERENDs Al Shapton and Jesse Jackson who regularly speak from pulpits not only plugging democratic candidates, excoriating republicans and even inciting violence. Nor the many Churches that have, in fact been shut down for doing half as much on the other side., Nor how many conservative Christian organizations like Focus on the Family who scrupulously avoid party affiliations get audited continously while many, many liberal pastors have tax free personal homes all over without a single IRS question.

I have no idea, no idea at all, who that liberal is, but clearly his mind is Long Gone.

I hope he stops Smellin Coffee and drinks some because he needs to wake up before they come for him.

List the many churches. I haven't listen to Focus on the Family for many years but when I did the conservative political stands and speakers they had appeared to be numerous. There are also conservative pastors who have tax free personal homes all without a single IRS question. The funny part is that both conservatives and liberals all think the government is picking on them.

Tarheel Baptist said:

Now that more info has come out, I've concluded that BOTH the keeping of the Confederate flag at the Capitol and the actions of Planned Parenthood were wrong. Period.

It was both illegal and immoral for Planned Parenthood (despite their seeming good intent) to 'harvest' fetal body organs without consent of the mother. The same would be said for one who dies from a car accident and his non-damaged organs are harvested without his prior or his family's present consent.

The sale of baby parts itself for correct use, I do not find deplorable any more than a regular organ donation. But doing it underhanded is both illegal and immoral and even conniving on the part of the individuals who participated.

Do you need any further clarification?