More SBC Nonsense

And for Walt's sake, I'll "comment" that I think this guy is a jackass.

For you newbie's, animal names are approved by the admin.

And for Walt's sake, I'll "comment" that I think this guy is a jackass.

Thank you!

Hard to believe that the SBC is against pro-life!?!?!? Or is the title misleading, and they are against President Trump?

For you newbie's, animal names are approved by the admin.

He says that he doesn't think it's a good thing that the Pro-life movement be associated with Trump but it has nothing to do with politics. I think if it had been Pence it would be different.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Hard to believe that the SBC is against pro-life!?!?!? Or is the title misleading, and they are against President Trump?

I've noticed that Pulpit & Pen seems to be hard-core anti-SBC, and very harsh in general. They often paint things in an uncharitable way.

Here's an article about the Trump appearance from SBC.net. Even Russell Moore commends Trump and that carries a lot more weight what someone just appointed by the SBC says.
Trump at March for Life

I've noticed that Pulpit & Pen seems to be hard-core anti-SBC, and very harsh in general. They often paint things in an uncharitable way.

And often in an intellectually dishonest way. I used to rather enjoy reading P&P and listening to their podcast, but in the last few years, they've devolved to the same level as your favourite fundy scandal rag. I'm becoming convinced that all the various "discernment" ministries are involved in a race to the bottom.

Notice, for example, how tricky it is to fact-check that article. Two of its assertions are hyperlinked. Both those links go to further P&P articles. I followed the first one: it also makes several linked assertions--all of which go to (you guessed it) Pulpit & Pen articles. I'm basically convinced the "News Division" is just J. D. Hall spinning various issues in the worst possible light, and quoting himself as support.