national finals rodeo 2022

aleshanee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
is anyone else here a fan of rodeo?.... i think i asked this question last year too..

we have been watching the 2022 NFR all week... tonight is round 10 ...the final

and championship round... .... last night during round 9 a canadian saddle bronc
rider dawson hayes - made what the announcers said was the greatest ride in
NFR history..... . it;s included in this video of round 9 highlights.... .round 10

starts tonight @ 3;30 pm hawaii time... 🐎

and this is round 10... the final champoinship night... don;t know if anyone else here
is interested... but we really enjoyed it..... and if you like watching a traditional
american sport where nobody disrespects the flag or the national anthem
and people speak freely and openly about their faith in God and give
thanks to God then i think you would have liked this too......

but i am not adding another post to this "thread".... just editing this post
to add the final round 10 official highlight video.....

Last edited:
Yes, I'm a fan of the rodeo...though I don't get to watch it often. We are having a rodeo in February here in the Shelbyville, Tennessee are. There used to be one in Granite Falls, Minnesota when my wife and I lived there. Our boss's sister was in it at 13 years old, and was quite good. I know a couple of old rodeo people now. They're members of the Cowpunchers Cowboy Church here in Shelbyville.

Yes, I'm a fan of the rodeo...though I don't get to watch it often. We are having a rodeo in February here in the Shelbyville, Tennessee are. There used to be one in Granite Falls, Minnesota when my wife and I lived there. Our boss's sister was in it at 13 years old, and was quite good. I know a couple of old rodeo people now. They're members of the Cowpunchers Cowboy Church here in Shelbyville.
we still have a subcription to the cowboy channel, which shows rodeos from around the country almost every day.... but the 2 we always make a point of being home in front of the tv to see live are this one... the national finals... and the calgary stampede.. which is held during the summer.... sometimes the cheyenne rodeo frontier days rodeo too if they are broadcasting it on the channel.... but they don;t always do that for some reason...

we have rodeos here in waimanalo... we have been to a few of them... it;s always fun.... and they also have them on the other islands... but as far as i know there are no cowboy churches yet.....

Last edited:
Man, I'm trying to picture a rodeo on the Islands... I can't get rid of the vision of cowboys in Hawaiian shirts and leis flying as they ride the broncs...

Man, I'm trying to picture a rodeo on the Islands... I can't get rid of the vision of cowboys in Hawaiian shirts and leis flying as they ride the broncs...
aloha shirts are considered casual dress wear here... office worker and going outo dinner attire.... .. and nowdays leis are reserved for special ceremonies or awards.... ....and you probably wouldn;t recognize hawaiian cowboys at all if you saw them on the beach..... they would blend in with all the other locals with surfboards.... ...

but otherwise... when doing cowboy stuff... hawaii cowboys - or paniolos as they are called here - look and dress just like cowboys from any other part of the country... or even the world......

these pictures are from the waimanalo rodeo on this island.... not quite the national finals.. but still pretty good.... :cool:

MBA7W6FGKFDBPGMTTGNAH36EJQ.jpeg

X62IIXXBTVAGNK6JZDZS4IREFQ.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not big into watching rodeo on TV, but I’ve attended the world’s largest rodeo in Cheyenne, Wyoming. It’s called Cheyenne Frontier Days, but more commonly called the “Daddy of ‘em All.”

I’m not big into watching rodeo on TV, but I’ve attended the world’s largest rodeo in Cheyenne, Wyoming. It’s called Cheyenne Frontier Days, but more commonly called the “Daddy of ‘em All.”
we watch that one too whenever they broadcast it.... but there have been only a few seasons when they did that.... the cheyenne rodeo is usually in february so we will see what they do this year...... .

They'll need to fight the Calgary Stampede, "The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth," for bragging rights.

we watch that one too whenever they broadcast it.... but there have been only a few seasons when they did that.... the cheyenne rodeo is usually in february so we will see what they do this year...... .
It was held in the summer when I attended many years ago.

It was held in the summer when I attended many years ago.
you are right... i just looked at the schedule and it says it;s always held in july.... but then we only saw it here twice and always in february.... :unsure:..must have been a recorded broadcast... come to think of it, the weather looked pretty nice and isn;t wyoming usually snowed in that time of year?..... ❄️.. ...living on a rock in the middle of the ocean does have a few disavantages... 😏

Last edited:
They'll need to fight the Calgary Stampede, "The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth," for bragging rights.
the calgary stampede is my favorite one to watch.... i love the way they get the kids involved in it with the wild pony races... 🐎. ..i know some of the other big rodeos do that too... but the calgary stampede always includes it as part of the broadcast.....

you are right... i just looked at the schedule and it says it;s always held in july.... but then we only saw it here twice and always in february.... :unsure:..must have been a recorded broadcast... come to think of it, the weather looked pretty nice and isn;t wyoming usually snowed in that time of year?..... ❄️.. ...living on a rock in the middle of the ocean does have a few disavantages... 😏
I’ve never been there in the winter, but yeah, I imagine it would be pretty frozen

good video... at the hawaii maritime museum they use to have a full sized display of a cow
in a rope sling, being hoisted up over a ships rail....(a taxidermied stuffed cow of course...)
... i remember most visitors did not like to walk under it.... .
YETI makes some great short videos. I thought you might like that one.