New CEO at Maranatha

Good choice. When victims come forward no need to run CLA-they have their own lawyer.
I had not heard this, but, if it's true, I am glad! He's an EXCELLENT choice. I'm sure that the late Dr's. Cedarholm and Weniger would have approved.

Dr. Matthew Davis has more qualifications than just being "a lawyer with the Christian Law Association." He graduated in Maranatha's Class of 1996 before transferring to Southern Illinois University School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor. Dr. Davis served with the CLA for ten years before moving to Watertown in 2007. There he founded the Davis Law Firm and began to work with the charitable foundation Eternal Vision along with Dr. Mike Duffy. Maranatha asked him to teach as an adjunct professor in the School of Business during that time, and he willingly did so for four years.

In 2011, Dr. Marty Marriott asked Dr. Davis to assume the mantle of Executive Vice President of MBBC, which he did while maintaining his involvement in his law firm and Eternal Vision. The decision was made to vest Dr. Davis with the legal authority of Chief Executive Officer at the Board of Trustees meeting in December 2020 after Dr. Marriott's cancer had returned in force.

Dr. Davis is continuing to lead Maranatha jointly with Dr. Marriott, and he is excited for the future that the Lord has for MBU. I personally talk with him several times a year, and I have the utmost confidence in his abilities and his willingness to let the Lord use him. AverageJoe is right: the Cedarholms would be proud.

Dr. Matthew Davis has more qualifications than just being "a lawyer with the Christian Law Association." He graduated in Maranatha's Class of 1996 before transferring to Southern Illinois University School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor. Dr. Davis served with the CLA for ten years before moving to Watertown in 2007. There he founded the Davis Law Firm and began to work with the charitable foundation Eternal Vision along with Dr. Mike Duffy. Maranatha asked him to teach as an adjunct professor in the School of Business during that time, and he willingly did so for four years.

In 2011, Dr. Marty Marriott asked Dr. Davis to assume the mantle of Executive Vice President of MBBC, which he did while maintaining his involvement in his law firm and Eternal Vision. The decision was made to vest Dr. Davis with the legal authority of Chief Executive Officer at the Board of Trustees meeting in December 2020 after Dr. Marriott's cancer had returned in force.

Dr. Davis is continuing to lead Maranatha jointly with Dr. Marriott, and he is excited for the future that the Lord has for MBU. I personally talk with him several times a year, and I have the utmost confidence in his abilities and his willingness to let the Lord use him. AverageJoe is right: the Cedarholms would be proud.
At least Dr. Davis has a real doctorate. One of the few in the IFB world.