New England

BandGuy

Elect
Reaction score
Is New England really that good or is the AFC really that bad? Discuss.

Wow! What an immensely stupid play call that was. I wonder if some coach was betting against his own team. That's how bad that call was. I'm not even normally a conspiracy theorist.

aleshanee said:
i have never played football but even i know you don;t pass on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line ....when you have  20 seconds remaining in the game ....1 time out left... and the best running back in the league in your backfield...........some people are saying it;s the worst play decision in the history of pro football.......
To be fair, the problem wasn't a pass.  The Pats brought in their run defense, so the Hawks passed, to kill a down.
It was supposed to be a short pass, that gained no yardage, but , if caught, would let the clock run. 
The problem is the location of the pass.
You don't throw over the middle into traffic, unless you're desperate.

They probably didn't go to Lynch, because he would have made the TD, and left 25 seconds on the game clock.
They were gonna give it to him, the next play, when they were down to under 10.

The pass should have been an outside slant, that could be sailed out of bounds if everyone was covered.

Anyway, if it had been caught, by the right guy, we'd be having a different conversation...