New year starting at WHBS

T

theretoolong

Tonight was the parent teacher orientation at Windsor Hills, sure many students and families, were in for a BIG shock. Bro. Finn is acting as principal, Bro. and Mrs. Van Manen, Mrs. Vineyard, Bro. Bruner, Mrs. Dixon and Joy Veteto are teaching. There is no sports program and with Miss. Busch gone there is not much of a music program. The only senior is an exchange student from Vietnam, not the experience I would want my family member to have. I have to say I would be the first in line withdrawing my student. I am sure many families were in shock when they saw all the changes.

theretoolong said:
...Bro. Finn is acting as principal, Bto. And Mrs. Van Manen, Mrs. Vineyard, bro. Bruner, Mrs. Dixon and Joy Veteto are teaching...

Bro. Bruner??? As in Caleb Bruner?

They also hired a recent OBC graduate to teach 1st and second grade in the elementary.

theretoolong said:
Tonight was the parent teacher orientation at Windsor Hills, sure many students and families, were in for a BIG shock. Bro. Finn is acting as principal, Bro. and Mrs. Van Manen, Mrs. Vineyard, Bro. Bruner, Mrs. Dixon and Joy Veteto are teaching. There is no sports program and with Miss. Busch gone there is not much of a music program. The only senior is an exchange student from Vietnam, not the experience I would want my family member to have. I have to say I would be the first in line withdrawing my student. I am sure many families were in shock when they saw all the changes.

I agree on the first in line thought but if they are just now finding out about the changes, two things:  First, shame on the "leadership" at the school for not letting those families with kids in the school know about it all.  Second is that it is probably to late now.  Where do they go on such short notice? 

In my opinion, every move that place makes is pathetic, unprofessional and spiteful without the love of Christ being evidenced.

Ok if they hired someone for 1st and 2nd, that leaves kindergarten, 3rd,4th, 5th and 6th. Mrs. Dixon and Joy Veteto are in the grade school not sure what grades they teach but that still leaves them short one in the elementary unless they are keeping 3rd-6th together and Joy is teaching K4 and K5. Who is the new elementary teacher? It is not to late to get into other schools, Heartland just started last week and there are plenty of other Christian schools across the OKC metro area. I would be homeschooling before letting my kids go back there. I also believe that the families from India (I believe that's where they are from) had no clue of the changes since they are not members of the church, in fact I would think that most of the kids are not from Windsor church because there are not that many kids left. The families from India have high expectations, I just do not seeing their expectations being met. I will say Mrs. Dixon is the best teacher the school has and families want her to teach their kids but if all these grades are combined it will be hard to give each student what they need and especially the kids from India give them what the parents expect. Just my opinion, not that it counts for much in their eyes.

Charity Baxter is the 1st and 2nd grade teacher.  I wondered if they put Caleb Bruner teaching upper elementary.

They are obviously having more students in the "Christian" school then they expected back in the beginning of the Summer.  That is why they have added a couple of teachers.  Originally they were going with 3 teachers for all of it.

If I were the non-member students parents I would pull my kids in a heartbeat.  Especially if I were not informed.  But let's see how long they remain.

Keep us informed Better Not Bitter

I have heard from the very beginning that they expected 60 and that is, what I hear they have. I don't think they hired because there was more students they hired out of necessity, they only had 3 teachers left from last year's crew and unless they went total ACE there was no way they could teach all classes with so few teachers, many of us did not think they could find people willing to teach, now let's see if they last and get paid.

theretoolong said:
Ok if they hired someone for 1st and 2nd, that leaves kindergarten, 3rd,4th, 5th and 6th. Mrs. Dixon and Joy Veteto are in the grade school not sure what grades they teach but that still leaves them short one in the elementary unless they are keeping 3rd-6th together and Joy is teaching K4 and K5. Who is the new elementary teacher? It is not to late to get into other schools, Heartland just started last week and there are plenty of other Christian schools across the OKC metro area. I would be homeschooling before letting my kids go back there. I also believe that the families from India (I believe that's where they are from) had no clue of the changes since they are not members of the church, in fact I would think that most of the kids are not from Windsor church because there are not that many kids left. The families from India have high expectations, I just do not seeing their expectations being met. I will say Mrs. Dixon is the best teacher the school has and families want her to teach their kids but if all these grades are combined it will be hard to give each student what they need and especially the kids from India give them what the parents expect. Just my opinion, not that it counts for much in their eyes.

I respectfully disagree on your comments about Mrs. Dixon she should be in prison now for the way she has treated kids in WHBS over the years. She has abused children, humiliated them in front of others etc. If kids like her it is probably out of fear not love.

Which if you know anything about how things are run up there this is a common behavioral trait, they are all controlling and dictator like.

The Indian kids probably came back only because they pre-paid at the end of last year and this is non-refundable.

My comment about Mrs. Dixon is just what I have heard from past students and parents all that are no longer there, I don't recall any of my kids having her as a teacher so I have no first hand knowledge, that's what I get for taking people at their word.

First hand experience with Mrs Dixon here; my child loved her to death. She was tough on my kid but my kid told me it was what they needed and they are very thankful for Mrs Dixon!!!

Yes many are blinded but I have seen many including our family that have been there alot longer than her that left during this last mass exodus. I do count Mrs. Dixon as a personal friend and if I was in her situation I don't know what I would have done. It is easier to leave when you are not the sole provider. I know it is hard on  her as her daughter and her husband were also ones to leave. There are still more to leave and we will not be surprised if the number is not cut in half by Christmas time.

theretoolong said:
Yes many are blinded but I have seen many including our family that have been there alot longer than her that left during this last mass exodus. I do count Mrs. Dixon as a personal friend and if I was in her situation I don't know what I would have done. It is easier to leave when you are not the sole provider. I know it is hard on  her as her daughter and her husband were also ones to leave. There are still more to leave and we will not be surprised if the number is not cut in half by Christmas time.

I pray you are correct on many more leaving by Christmas time!!

As for Mrs Dixon,  I have been gone many years but she was teaching while we were there.  I did not know her daughter and husband left.  Actually I did not know her daughter was married.  lol 

Yes Jericho married Shane Dice and I believe they are at Beth Haven.

theretoolong said:
Yes Jericho married Shane Dice and I believe they are at Beth Haven.

Really?  I thought I saw Shane singing in the choir after things broke on Tommy Boy.  Maybe they did not leave initially.  I do not know but I am so glad to he left and has a wife too.  I remember his dad well from when they were here for Bible college before going to New York.

Not everyone left the same week, some left before High school graduation, many more left the week Bro. Ross was there preaching their last service being that Sunday night would have been sooner but many came that Sunday night ONLY  because they thought there was going to be a church vote.and, since then people have continued to leave. Yes they were one of the later ones to leave. Yes, God blessed her with a great husband.  I am sure we know you if you were there when the Dices were.

theretoolong said:
Not everyone left the same week, some left before High school graduation, many more left the week Bro. Ross was there preaching their last service being that Sunday night would have been sooner but many came that Sunday night ONLY  because they thought there was going to be a church vote.and, since then people have continued to leave. Yes they were one of the later ones to leave. Yes, God blessed her with a great husband.  I am sure we know you if you were there when the Dices were.

Believe me you know my family and I am positive we know you. 

When Ross got to Mesquite he immediately started putting people on staff in the church and school.  I realized there are very few families where at least one member wasn't getting paid.  When the mass exodus happened only staff families stayed.  I felt he did that to have control over them.   

There is a major cover up he is part of at that church and that is why it's a dying church as we'll. 

Tanner said:
When Ross got to Mesquite he immediately started putting people on staff in the church and school.  I realized there are very few families where at least one member wasn't getting paid.  When the mass exodus happened only staff families stayed.  I felt he did that to have control over them.   

There is a major cover up he is part of at that church and that is why it's a dying church as we'll.

That is one way to get support, buy it!! 

Is the cover up from some previous doings or is Ross covering up something he did.  I am not clear on your post.