New Years Eve 1975 at FBC Hammond

LongGone

Elect
Reaction score
It was my first year at HAC. Allegedly if the money was not raised for 8400 Burr Street campus by December 31, 1975 the college would lose the campus. I remember listening to Pastor's Study that morning (December 31)  and JH stating that he did not know where the money was coming from and that it was the most important day in his ministry. I got a bad bug that night and did not attend the New Years Eve Service. My roommate came home and told how a miracle took place and a man called that day and said he would give the college the needed money. We all rejoiced in the miracle. The man never gave the money and the church/college got financing to keep the campus.

Hard to believe that was 40 years ago. 40 years later I am skeptical that things just happen to fall into place the way it was described. Also skeptical of how much of a "miracle" this event actually was in reality. Supposedly JH told the man to keep the money because he did not want to devalue the giving/sacrificing of his people.

Happy New Year!

Somewhere I have a Bible we sold...This was my first year those were the days 8)

I went door-to-door selling those Bibles, and I still have one, complete with a photograph of Dave Hyles.