No proven errors in editions of the KJV?

logos1560

Elect
Reaction score
On page 10 of the thread entitled "The Best way to burn ..."
Biblebeliever said:
The King James Bible is the inerrant word of God. It is already a fact. There has not been one proven error ever found in the King James Holy Bible.

Where is the sound evidence for your assertions if there are actually proven facts as you suggest?

Biblebeliever, are you seriously suggesting that there are no proven errors in any editions of the KJV?

Are you seriously implying that the edition of the KJV printed by the King's printer in 1631 does not have a proven error?

Exodus 20:14
Thou shalt commit adultery {1631 London edition of the KJV}
Thou shalt not commit adultery (1769 Oxford, SRB) [1769 Cambridge, DKJB]

An error would still be an error whether it is made by copyists, printers, editors, or translators. 

Would claiming that an inerrant book may have some new introduced errors such as typographical or printing errors be in effect asserting that inerrant and errant may be one and the same?

Is there an error in the 1611 edition of the KJV at 1 Kings 11:5 kept from the 1602 edition of the Bishops Bible [an error that the makers of the KJV failed to make sure that the printers corrected if they even noticed it]?  Does the fact that editions of the KJV printed in London still kept this same error for 30 years suggest that the KJV translators who lived in London were not aware of the error since they failed to instruct the printer to correct it?

1 Kings 11:5 [Ammonites--1560 Geneva, 1568 Bishops; Amorites--1602 Bishops]
Amorites {1611, 1613, 1614, 1616, 1617, 1631, 1634, 1640, 1644 London}
Ammonites (1769 Oxford, SRB) [1629, 1769 Cambridge, DKJB] 

I do not know if this could be considered an error as much as muddy translating but, it sure was

confusing.

During the liturgical reading by brother Colston yesterday we read the following verse.

Act 19:9  But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

I immediately wondered what divers hardening had to do with the narrative. As in scuba diver?

As in hardening their diving bells to sustain the higher pressures encountered in the sea depths?

Was the  school of one Tyrannus a deep sea diving school? By that time Bro. Colston had totally

lost me as I was thinking about Navy Seals and under water demolition. Maybe Tyrannus was in

the Roman special forces.

Of course being a reader of the traditional Anglican Bible I should have substituted the word various for

divers, oh well. I guess it's old age showing. My bad.

I thought, how confusing this must be to a modern English reader who isn't into traditional Baptist

Anglicanism.

Look at how much clearer it is in my NET Bible.

NET  Acts 19:9 But when some were stubborn and refused to believe, reviling the Way before the congregation, he left them and took the disciples with him, addressing them every day in the lecture hall of Tyrannus.