Notice on Trolling

A

admin

I've noticed some trolling going on in the forums and I want make a statement concerning "excessive trolling" mentioned in the forum rules.

Some trolling isn't necessarily bad. It can even be humorous at times. (not saying what's going on is humorous). Obviously most trolling is obnoxious and kills the "spirit" of discussion. As a general rule... don't stray too far off topic and don't CONTINUALLY post the same remarks just to aggravate someone. "Excessive Trolling" will result in being restricted to the nursery and possibly being banned (if you don't learn your lesson).

I'm leaving this topic open for discussion on "trolling".

Thanks
Admin

Some remarks like the good ole'boys make are funny when it is against or making fun of something they do not agree with (KJV onlyism).  When the remarks make fun of their pet beliefs and or idols (music)  it is called trolling? 

Just wanted to get some clarification.

Thanks! 

Ironman said:
Some remarks like the good ole'boys make are funny when it is against or making fun of something they do not agree with (KJV onlyism).  When the remarks make fun of their pet beliefs and or idols (music)  it is called trolling? 

Thanks!

Yes

admin said:
Ironman said:

Thanks!

Did you notice the word "Excessive" associated with "trolling".  You can say just about anything you want....about any subject you want....as long as it falls within the forum rules. However, if ANYONE and I do mean ANYONE, continually repeats themselves over and over, without any thought to establishing their belief"..... you are guilty of "Excessively Trolling."

Its has NOTHING to do with the whether I like what anyone says or not.

Admin

Thanks for explaining. 

Excessive trolling...is that like 1 in 10 posts is a "trolling" post or would the ration be higher or lower?  As Ricky Ricardo would say "you've got some splainin' to do".

admin said:
Ironman said:

Thanks!

Did you notice the word "Excessive" associated with "trolling".  You can say just about anything you want....about any subject you want....as long as it falls within the forum rules. However, if ANYONE and I do mean ANYONE, continually repeats themselves over and over, without any thought to establishing their belief"..... you are guilty of "Excessively Trolling."

Admin

What if you don't like what he says, but really, really like a certain person, or said person makes a really big donation to the upkeep of this forum......?

Would you then let them troll excessively?

On another note.  I want to put in a word here for a forum admin who seems to want to make it work.  If it grows larger, you will need a moderator.  Please don't choose one of the trollmeisters.

Winston said:
admin said:
Ironman said:

Thanks!

Admin

What if you don't like what he says, but really, really like a certain person, or said person makes a really big donation to the upkeep of this forum......?

On another note.  I want to put in a word here for a forum admin who seems to want to make it work. If it grows larger, you will need a moderator.  Please don't choose one of the trollmeisters.

How much are you willing to pay?  I will pm my bank info and how to send the money. 

Ironman said:
Winston said:
admin said:
Ironman said:

Thanks!

Admin

On another note.  I want to put in a word here for a forum admin who seems to want to make it work. If it grows larger, you will need a moderator.  Please don't choose one of the trollmeisters.

How much are you willing to pay?  I will pm my bank info and how to send the money.

You have to know that no one here would allow you to even moderate the outhouse door!

The excessive trolling is already well on the way here.

We all know the 666 forum saga.

The sword forum pretty much became all Timothy all the time.

This one is working on a similar fate, if the trolls aren't limited, and the good posters don't post...

Eliz553 said:

This one is working on a similar fate, if the trolls aren't limited, and the good posters don't post...

We will let the Admin decide that, not you!  We have a good admin here, so don't worry.  ;)

Eliz553 said:

The good ole boy's will continue to troll without any recourse , the others will be banned or nursified.  No biggie just the way forums are run, still the admin as kept the vulgar talk to a minimum .

OZZY said:
Eliz553 said:

The good ole boy's will continue to troll without any recourse , the others will be banned or nursified.  No biggie just the way forums are run, still the admin as kept the vulgar talk to a minimum .

I have no clue what you are actually saying.
I must have missed something (or a lot of things).

Ironman said:
We will let the Admin decide that, not you!  We have a good admin here, so don't worry.  ;)

A very good admin, it would seem. It appears he took offense to you claiming to be a moderator and sent you to the nursery. Can't say that I blame him. As an admin/owner of a forum, the last thing I'd want people to see when they visit (or log in) would be someone as silly as you with moderator privileges.

+1 to the admin (since I can't really increase his rep).

:)

Eliz553 said:
OZZY said:
Eliz553 said:

Well IM was nursified today yet others that behave exactly like him or allowed to post their tripe without retribution. Again no big deal just an observation on the way this and the old FFF was run. Except for the lack of ads and no vulgar posts the only difference  between the 2 in .org &.com

Case In point look at the post below

Eliz553 said:
OZZY said:
Eliz553 said:

Don't try to make sense out of OZZY. Have you EVER seen him say anything good about anyone on any of the forums? He thinks his job is to look superior to everyone because he is so wonderful. Unfortunately, he forgets that he needs a heart. 

Bob L said:
Eliz553 said:
OZZY said:
Eliz553 said:

Don't try to make sense out of OZZY. Have you EVER seen him say anything good about anyone on any of the forums? He thinks his job is to look superior to everyone because he is so wonderful. Unfortunately, he forgets that he needs a heart.

He needs to drink mre beer.

admin said:
Ironman has been banned for Excessive trolling.

Good.

permabanned_f25aa7_72817.gif