Old Paths (The WBF & BBF)

sword

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
We don't get many visitors down here but thanks for visiting the "Original Old Paths".

The World Baptist Fellowship was founded in the 1930's by none other than J. Frank Norris. The BBF was founded in the 1950 as a spin off of WBF. Shortly after its founding the BBF started Baptist Bible College, Springfield, Missouri.

Why don't you pull up a chair and stay a while.

ANY BBF graduates please post your memories as we are students of history here.

Not a BBC grad, but the first IFB church (Kansas City Baptist Temple) I joined was BBF as were 3 others that we joined in our military wanderings. 

Well known BBF preachers.

Jerry Falwell

Some would say J. Frank Norris was the beginning of the BBF with his World Baptist Fellowship & Bible Baptist Seminary of Fort Worth

One upon a time, I traveled to a far city (well, village, really), and was going to be there for months.  The only Baptist church in the area was a BBF missionary church, and it was a great blessing that it was there.

Sadly, when I returned, some years later, it had folded.

According to 2009 stats there are around 4200 BBF churches in the US with close to 120,000 members.

I would assume most if not all of these are gospel preaching churches.

Over $385 million was given to missions through the Baptist Bible Fellowship International from 2000 - 2009.