One Body

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
Rom_12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
1Co_12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body;

I know the "local church" crowd loves to go around arguing about attending "their" local assembly. They don't mind at all discussing what "church" means in the NT. However, at all costs, they avoid the discussing the "Body of Christ'.

No matter how you "slice it". There is only ONE Body. What the "local church" crowds confuse and conflate is Scriptures concerning the "church" and the Scriptures concerning the BODY of Christ.

God has "fit" the Body together as it pleases Him.

1Co 12:24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
1Co 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

What they do NOT want you to know is that every single person in Jesus Christ is valuable and part of ONE BODY. Every member, past, present and future, is needed/essential in/to that BODY.

You will NEVER get this from some "local" church. It is impossible. The gifted in Jesus Christ SPAN the entire collective chosen in Jesus Christ before the beginning of this world.

SO.... when they shout "local church".... Just remind them of these facts. God's work in the Body of Christ isn't just your few you've got "under control" down in your little "sand box".

You will NEVER get this from some "local" church. It is impossible
I'm not sure why Treasure believes it to be "impossible". It seems he wants to emphasize the body of Christ (nothing wrong with that) but undercut the importance of the local church.

I'm not sure why Treasure believes it to be "impossible". It seems he wants to emphasize the body of Christ (nothing wrong with that) but undercut the importance of the local church.

The Scriptures teach that this is impossible. There isn't a local church in existence that has everything a person in Jesus Christ needs. Its not a "one stop" shop. You're a perfect example of why it doesn't work. You're an evil man that doesn't care what the Scriptures have to teach.

There isn't a local church in existence that has everything a person in Jesus Christ needs.
Who says it does, or that it has to?

Document your sources. Show your work.

Christ himself has everything a person needs. It is he who instituted the church, the purpose of which is (as an old FFFer once put it, roughly) to teach the word of God to the people of God to equip them to do the work of God.

You may now assert without evidence that I "obviously" mean the diametric opposite of what I said.

Who says it does, or that it has to?

Document your sources. Show your work.

Christ himself has everything a person needs. It is he who instituted the church, the purpose of which is (as an old FFFer once put it, roughly) to teach the word of God to the people of God to equip them to do the work of God.

You may now assert without evidence that I "obviously" mean the diametric opposite of what I said.

You know nothing of the people that teach such. I'm not going to feed your delusion that they don't exist.

You know nothing of the people that teach such. I'm not going to feed your delusion that they don't exist.
OK, so you either can't or won't document your false claims? Thanks for saving me the trouble of taking yet another of your pointless threads seriously. Bye.

OK, so you either can't or won't document your false claims? Thanks for saving me the trouble of taking yet another of your pointless threads seriously. Bye.

You've determined them to be false because you know nothing of them. The issue isn't with me. The issue is with your lack of knowledge.

I determined them to be false because I know anonymous anecdotes are the same as lies.

And that is the end of this thread for me. Sayonara, liar.

So says any child who has no experience.