Orthodox Christians Must Now Learn To Live as Exiles

The Rogue Tomato

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
For one, we have to accept that we really are living in a culturally post-Christian nation. The fundamental norms Christians have long been able to depend on no longer exist. To be frank, the court majority may impose on the rest of the nation a view widely shared by elites, but it is also a view shared by a majority of Americans. There will be no widespread popular resistance to Obergefell. This is the new normal.

For another, LGBT activists and their fellow travelers really will be coming after social conservatives. The Supreme Court has now, in constitutional doctrine, said that homosexuality is equivalent to race. The next goal of activists will be a long-term campaign to remove tax-exempt status from dissenting religious institutions. The more immediate goal will be the shunning and persecution of dissenters within civil society. After today, all religious conservatives are Brendan Eich, the former CEO of Mozilla who was chased out of that company for supporting California’s Proposition 8.

http://time.com/3938050/orthodox-christians-must-now-learn-to-live-as-exiles-in-our-own-country/

Here's another interesting view, the notion that obsession with gay pride, etc., will fade away now, because, “What do gay men have in common when they don’t have oppression?”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us/scotus-same-sex-marriage-gay-culture.html

Homosexuals will never be satisfied. They are trying to silence their own conscience and require an increasing noise of approval from the outside to do it.

After Romans 1, the next best short read to understand them is "The Tell-Tale Heart" by Poe.

As for me, I culture a sense of macabre humor. It's main goal is to scorn and laugh at myself so as to keep from the pit of thinking myself better than anyone. For example:

As the most intelligent man to post here, my sense of humor is integral to remaining astonishingly humble.

Y'all will need to strengthen whatever defense mechanisms you prefer to deal with what is coming.

Web said:
subllibrm said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Here's another interesting view, the notion that obsession with gay pride, etc., will fade away now, because, “What do gay men have in common when they don’t have oppression?”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us/scotus-same-sex-marriage-gay-culture.html

I doubt that this will satisfy them. They may have lost "oppression" as a motivator but it will do nothing to quench their "obsession".

Interesting.... What will they obsess over?  They have what they wanted, equal rights through gay marriage.  Not sure what else they are fighting for.  Until they discover that certain "domestic relationship" employer-offered benefits may eventually disappear unless they get married, etc.

They have been crying that they are oppressed by the system. So they have won that battle. But watch what they are saying about those who are not rejoicing with them. The fact that some of us do not believe that their relationships are legitimate will become their obsession. Obsessed with finding a way to silence the voice of conscience that they have lost. a voice that now only resides in those who believe that scripture speaks clearly on this issue.

What is already obsessing them is that if there is a city with 99 florists, the one Christian florist must be driven out of business.

The interesting part will be when uncompromising Christians have all been driven out of the public square and they sell their florist shops to the Shariah crowd.

And by the way, they are ALL fake gays, and fake homosexuals as well. Not only are they not happy, but I personally have never long known (not in the Biblical sense) any who had not on occasion been with a woman. If you read a bit on the LGTBQRSTUVXYZ literature, you will find them speaking of sexual "fluidity." I do not know where I read this, but someone once wrote that when Faith is lacking a man becomes "...double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." James 1:8 NASB I read comments by you Christian raised and insulated people with amusement (not hard, most things amuse me since I learned that Truth is a Jewish people, and one of those people, a Creator who once did not exist chose to exist and wear diapers, and He Loves me). You failto understand how DARK, unstable and desperate the confirmed Degenerate like Ellen are. I remember before the Holy Con-forter came to me, how dark it was. Trust me on this one: there are very very few homosexuals (if any( just as there are very very few truly transgendered ones (the truly transgendered tiny groups now call themselves "intersex"). The more theyworship the creation (their own selves often) the more they disconnect from their own real selves and substitute homosexuality: but at the core none have managed to completely erase the Imago Deo. There are no real homosexuals, and those that claim to be are not gay.

These are desperate people. Their created nature screams that what they claim to be is not who they are. The reason they will persecute any dissent to they being "gay" is that they are trying to silence their inner voice by shouts of external approval. Gluttony is also a sin against your own body, far more common than sexual "fluidity" and less objectively physically harmful than homosexual behaviour. Yet the tiny minority of "big is beautiful" trying to gain acceptance for morbid obesity gets no support. Gluttony, as many other sins, is too much of a Good thing. It is excess of a natural desire. Homosexuality is an inversion, an unnatural of which even the smallest trace is not Good. People sense that, toddler boys can sense that of other boys and girls of other girls and naturally reject it. Little Johny may spit out his peas and "scream for ice cream" but we are all the same. I scream, you scream, we ALL scream for ice cream. Because their war on their Creator is so pernicious, they are trying not just to fulfill a natural desire to excess, but to replace it with an opposite desire. Desperate people do desperate things. The homosexual mafia is more bloodthirsty than ISIS, they simply do not have the physical weapons or undergirding ideology to use them that ISIS does.

When the ISIS type crowd meet the LGBQRSTUVXYZ crowd there is no compromise possible.

That will be a WWF cagematch Royale to behold. As a premill midtriber, I am well stocked with corn for the popping in the coming conflagration.