Part of the "Senior Leadership" of Liberty U, they have a VP for Equity and Inclusion/Chief Diversity Officer.

fishinnut

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I am guessing this kind of paid staff is a requirement of accreditation.

Vice President for Equity and Inclusion
The Vice President for Equity and Inclusion is responsible for leading the development and implementation of proactive equity and inclusion initiatives, which support the University’s desire to have culturally and ethnically diverse students, faculty, staff, and leadership, free from all unbiblical and unlawful discrimination. He has executive oversight over the Office of Institutional Equity and Inclusion as well as University-wide compliance of all applicable anti-discrimination laws including Equal Employment Opportunity, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Title IX. In addition, he is a senior advisor to the Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer as well as the entire leadership team on matters of equity, compliance and cultural diversity.

https://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/index.cfm?PID=6911

The Vice President for Equity and Inclusion is responsible for leading the development and implementation of proactive equity and inclusion initiatives, which support the University’s desire to have culturally and ethnically diverse students, faculty, staff, and leadership, free from all unbiblical and unlawful discrimination. He has executive oversight over the Office of Institutional Equity and Inclusion as well as University-wide compliance of all applicable anti-discrimination laws including Equal Employment Opportunity, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Title IX. In addition, he is a senior advisor to the Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer as well as the entire leadership team on matters of equity, compliance and cultural diversity.

This is what happens when the Yankees ask the Little League to accredit them. ?

I see ...free from all unbiblical and unlawful discrimination.

What happens when it is not unbiblical discrimination, but it's considered unlawful?

I have been a YUUUUUUUGE LU supporter in the past. However, LU needs new leadership. Jr. has endorsed an incumbent Republican Congressman for the 5th District of VA, which includes Lynchburg, who owns a distillery and has performed a gay wedding. In addition, he endorsed this RINO, over one of LU's employees (now ex-employee, by choice). Jr's head has swelled to the point where he can't get through any but the widest doors. He drinks alcohol all around town and has done some other things, that are not what a leader of a Christian university should be doing, (at least in public). Sr. would be spinning in his grave if he saw the current state of the school.
Jonathon is doing a great job with the church, and is a good, humble, human being. I know the brothers don't get along and I would be surprised if Jr. attends church anywhere.
I pray that LU gets new leadership soon, but don't see it happening. Almost no one is willing to speak up to Jr. and if they do, most of the time, they are shown the door.
I have stopped my rather substantial/sacrificial financial support of the university, but they have more money than God, so I doubt they care. There are a lot of good people still there, but it is not the LU that it was just a short while ago.
My .02.

I have been a YUUUUUUUGE LU supporter in the past. However, LU needs new leadership. Jr. has endorsed an incumbent Republican Congressman for the 5th District of VA, which includes Lynchburg, who owns a distillery and has performed a gay wedding. In addition, he endorsed this RINO, over one of LU's employees (now ex-employee, by choice). Jr's head has swelled to the point where he can't get through any but the widest doors. He drinks alcohol all around town and has done some other things, that are not what a leader of a Christian university should be doing, (at least in public). Sr. would be spinning in his grave if he saw the current state of the school.
Jonathon is doing a great job with the church, and is a good, humble, human being. I know the brothers don't get along and I would be surprised if Jr. attends church anywhere.
I pray that LU gets new leadership soon, but don't see it happening. Almost no one is willing to speak up to Jr. and if they do, most of the time, they are shown the door.
I have stopped my rather substantial/sacrificial financial support of the university, but they have more money than God, so I doubt they care. There are a lot of good people still there, but it is not the LU that it was just a short while ago.
My .02.

I didn't know it was that bad. Just the fact that the brothers aren't getting along sets a bad example as Christians.

Few people know that the brothers do not get along,to the extent that they don't. It is not common knowledge, nor is displayed overtly in public.
It may also help that John Rawlings Foundation has given tons of money to the university in the past. Jonathon has been very recently been named President of the Foundation. So now he has a bit more leverage over Jr. But the birth-order deal will always play a major role in their relationship.
I am deeply concerned, because in reality, LU is the only major, accredited, still distinctly-christian university in the country. However, I see them quickly becoming another Baylor, SMU, TCU, etc.
Very sad. Unless the Board does something drastic (which is close to a zero % chance), I don't see my grandson being able to go there for a real christian education.

My .02.

Who are you and what have you done with Bruinboy? ?

You speak the sad truth, my friend.
I backed away from them awhile ago, although few probably noticed.

AA would do a pretty brisk business up on the mountain, starting in the Chancellor's office, if provided the opportunity. It has become an increasingly embarrassment to the university and community. Sr. would be spinning in his grave. Very sad. Praying for a spiritual revival.