Passing of a sweet lady at FBC

Still There

Elect
Reaction score
For those of you who attended FBC/HAC at any time remember Mrs. Mary Ruth Harrington.  She passed away this morning.  She was in her mid-90's.  She had been a faithful member of FBC for over 60 years.  She taught HS girls for almost that long if not that long.  What a wonderful sweet lady she was with a beautiful infectious laugh and smile she had.  How much sweeter Heaven is.

Still There said:
For those of you who attended FBC/HAC at any time remember Mrs. Mary Ruth Harrington.  She passed away this morning.  She was in her mid-90's.  She had been a faithful member of FBC for over 60 years.  She taught HS girls for almost that long if not that long.  What a wonderful sweet lady she was with a beautiful infectious laugh and smile she had.  How much sweeter Heaven is.
Thanks

My lil Sis had her, and she asked me about her regularly for the next 15 years.
I believe she actually loved the people she taught.
So much to say, but she is the real deal.

Beautiful lady, indeed! She made a difference.

I have been away from fbch for over two years now but Mrs. Harrington still taught in the same department as I did when I left. She was a BIG-TIME Hoosier basketball fan.

BALAAM said:
I have been away from fbch for over two years now but Mrs. Harrington still taught in the same department as I did when I left. She was a BIG-TIME Hoosier basketball fan.
We better win Bobby Knight then, so she can hang with him in Heaven.

;)

Not quite sure what to make of this. Heard from some folks who went who were surprised at the lack of attendance for someone who had been so faithful for so many years. Heard from another die-hard fbc couple who were just astounded at how many fbc people came to a funeral on a Friday morning.

A relative was scheduled to speak a few words at Mrs. Harrington's request. Got a 5 minute phone message on "proper attire for women at fbc".

I do not know how many were in attendance, but if the die-hards said, "Can't believe how many were there...for a Friday morning", then clearly that is Always Be Positive code for: not many were there, but that can never actually be said.

I can't believe they are still warning visiting ladies about proper attire. Or maybe I can. SMH

BALAAM said:
Not quite sure what to make of this. Heard from some folks who went who were surprised at the lack of attendance for someone who had been so faithful for so many years. Heard from another die-hard fbc couple who were just astounded at how many fbc people came to a funeral on a Friday morning.

A relative was scheduled to speak a few words at Mrs. Harrington's request. Got a 5 minute phone message on "proper attire for women at fbc".

Well you know who sent that 5 minute message!!!  The Commander in Chief for 50 years!!! 

Still There said:
BALAAM said:

Well you know who sent that 5 minute message!!!  The Commander in Chief for 50 years!!!

It wasn't Elaine, but it was one of her minions.

prophet said:
BALAAM said:

;)

That might be akin to winning Kim Jong Il to Christ!  ;D

BALAAM said:
Still There said:
BALAAM said:

It wasn't Elaine, but it was one of her minions.

Becky .....

prophet said:

Jack Schaap was known as the Bobby Knight of fundamentalism by many of the church staff when he was there.

His screaming and cussing, throwing things and temper tantrums earned him the nic.

No one called him out for it. Shock!!