Paul and the Faithfulness of God

T

Timotheos

Anyone here excited and planning on purchasing thus reading this almost certain to be epic work... Wright's magnum opus (which is saying something considering his extensive and amazing writing career).

Excited? Nah. Planning to read it? Eventually. After all, reading The New Testament and the People of God was kind of exhausting. :)

rsc2a said:
Excited? Nah. Planning to read it? Eventually. After all, reading The New Testament and the People of God was kind of exhausting. :)
Exhausting... good word.  I just finished Resurrection and the Son of God... now that was exhausting.  I found NTPG and JVG way more stimulating.  Frightening to think that this next installment is more than 2x's as long as RSG which was longer than the first 2 volumes!

Tackling JVG now.  It is much more readable than NTPG.

rsc2a said:
Tackling JVG now.  It is much more readable than NTPG.
I loved both of them, to be quite honest. R&SoG is quite a tedious tome. But the relevance for various issues is huge.

I still have yet to land a copy of his latest volumes in the series. Living in a 3rd world country will do that though.

rsc2a said:

Just so. I'm reading that now, and it's taking a while.

Just ordered my copy of P&FG for Christmas!!! Alas, I won't be able to read it until this summer when I return to the US.

Dunkard said:
Wright? How about no.
You would have been more comical saying "wrong".

Is there a reason you don't like him? I've found that most people who don't like him have read very little of him.

I renewed my subscriptions to "Rifle" and "Handloader" magazines.