Paul Chappell...a defiant Pastor.

Hmmm....remember his strong stance AGAINST accreditation?

Interesting how this is going to play out with churches....

What's next, outlaw prayer.

Sometimes you must fight unlawful and unconstitutional government restrictions.

I believe Pastor Chappell and the church have a right to worship according to Scripture. I appreciate the fact that they have, according to them, followed the other guidelines. I don’t believe I would die on the mountain of congregational singing...but I’m not him/them. Many churches have not stopped meeting at all and still others flaunt guidelines...because they believe they have the constitutional right to do such.

Personally, our church has followed most of the suggested guidelines and restrictions up to this point. But, our consideration has ALWAYS been what is in the best interest of our people and not government guidelines.

Personally, our church has followed most of the suggested guidelines and restrictions

That be cuz you iz lib rul!

But being you agin accreditation, we let it slide.

You leave out the context of what I said...Bob Gray would be do proud of you....Haymannnn.
“But, our consideration has ALWAYS been what is in the best interest of our people and not government guidelines.“
I think there's an element of law suit prevention there as well. If a church goes against govt guidance it wouldn't take that clever of an attorney to turn it into a lawsuit.

Regarding lawsuits, I think it is wise to avoid lawsuits whenever possible.

Remember, in a lawsuit situation the plaintiff's lawyer, and likely the media, are going to make the church out to be reckles, irresponsible and a bunch of dopes.

Protecting the testimony of the church and of the cause of Christ should always be a consideration in every decision a church makes.

Interesting... I wonder if California is also telling Black Lives Matters not to chant,

Interesting... I wonder if California is also telling Black Lives Matters not to chant,
I thought about that. Their argument is probably that those are outdoors. By the way, Newsweek posted this story with a video from the LBC church service where PC talks about this. In it he says everyone in the congregation is wearing a mask (I can see two socially distanced wearing masks in the front row). The singers on the stage are more than 6 feet apart. I find it a little ironic that this reminds me of the movie Footloose - does that mean PC is like a young Kevin Bacon in this scenario? Let's siiing!

I think we, The Church, should be reasonable and responsible but the time is coming, may be here already, for us to obey God rather than men.

The incessant warning of new cases is a smoke screen. If our goal has become to stop the virus from spreading, it is futile. And to be consistent we will have to shut down every flu season.

I think we, The Church, should be reasonable and responsible but the time is coming, may be here already, for us to obey God rather than men.

The incessant warning of new cases is a smoke screen. If our goal has become to stop the virus from spreading, it is futile. And to be consistent we will have to shut down every flu season.

Vote too. There are many church people that refuse to vote.

Vote too. There are many church people that refuse to vote.
Last election cycle I saw there was someone, I think a Mennonite or former Mennonite running adds and working with Amish/Mennonite communities to convince them to vote. If a significant portion of them started to vote that would make Ohio much less of a swing state and make Pennsylvania and Michigan much more friendly to conservatives.

Our assembly is quite comfortable meeting together without paying much attention at all to CDC guidelines. Sunday and Wednesday services, and Friday Bible studies, look just like they did before anyone heard of the coronavirus.

We're a small church (fiftyish) and our meeting house is VERY rural. What's striking to me is that a few folks, who have never been a part of the Body, have never attended a meeting, heard somehow that we haven't stopped meeting or done any "social distancing" or such like, then showed up out in the field we use for a parking lot with their phones out, taking pictures of the folks coming in. They (I suppose) also left a bunch of phone messages (my number is on the sign out front) warning me that I was going to be reported, and that I wasn't a real Christian, and called my ancestry into question, among other unpleasant things.

Poor people need a hobby. Or better by far, a relationship with the King. So far I haven't been able to witness to any of them. They won't let me get close.