Pensacola Bible Institute

labaptist

Elect
Reaction score
I visited the Bible Baptist Bookstore and got the catalog for PBI there. It seems like you really get a bible education there, unlike HAC and the tuition is reasonable. Anybody here have any experience with them? Also, what do you think the places fate will be after Ruckman passes away?

labaptist said:
I visited the Bible Baptist Bookstore and got the catalog for PBI there. It seems like you really get a bible education there, unlike HAC and the tuition is reasonable. Anybody here have any experience with them? Also, what do you think the places fate will be after Ruckman passes away?

I sat through a class there years ago and have two friends who graduated from there.  Yes, you learn the Bible probably better there than anywhere.  Of course, Dr. Ruckman *IS* PBI.  When he dies who knows what will happen.  It might continue with those he taught trying to carry on, but it will never be the same.

labaptist said:
Well having had a brother who is a grad....

You learn one of the fundamental doctrines is preaching on the downtown street corners until you get arrested.

Another is a vehement hatred for Santa Claus.

One must own & digest the bad language filled commentaries by old Pete himself.

I do not know a single grad who has not divorced.

fishinnut said:

That's funny as both my friends who graduated there have divorced, but of course not ALL have divorced.

I'm divorced and will admit one of the reasons I am considering them is because being divorced won't be the "big deal" there that it would be at other fundie colleges.

IFB X-Files said:
fishinnut said:

That's funny as both my friends who graduated there have divorced, but of course not ALL have divorced.
Lol.  My first knee-jerk reaction was "nuh-uh", and then I had to think through several grads, before I thought of one who wasn't divorced.

labaptist said:
I'm divorced and will admit one of the reasons I am considering them is because being divorced won't be the "big deal" there that it would be at other fundie colleges.

I don't think this one reason to consider them outweighs the vastly overwhelming number of reasons to avoid them.  :)

and what are those? i think one would get a better bible education there then at hac.

If you want to learn about vampires and Hamites and how King Jimmy would correct the autographs and why Adam had water instead of blood and how John the Baptist was the first Baptist and how the Beatitudes aren't for the believer, go to PBI.

More importantly,  if you want to learn how to be a good racist, how to push Law instead of offering grace, why it's okay to speak vikely if others,  and how to twist Scripture to avoid its clear meaning,  go to PBI.

If you want a solid education from a Christian worldview from professors who have deep knowledge of the Bible,  go somewhere like Wheaton, Covenant, Calvin, Northwestern, Union, or Lipscomb to name a few.

rsc2a said:
If you want to learn about vampires and Hamites and how King Jimmy would correct the autographs and why Adam had water instead of blood and how John the Baptist was the first Baptist and how the Beatitudes aren't for the believer, go to PBI.

More importantly,  if you want to learn how to be a good racist, how to push Law instead of offering grace, why it's okay to speak vikely if others,  and how to twist Scripture to avoid its clear meaning,  go to PBI.

If you want a solid education from a Christian worldview from professors who have deep knowledge of the Bible,  go somewhere like Wheaton, Covenant, Calvin, Northwestern, Union, or Lipscomb to name a few.
Dont forget your proximity to the favorite abduction ground for alien scientists.
You can share your story of mental and anal probing with people who believe you in class the morning after.

labaptist said:
and what are those? i think one would get a better bible education there then at hac.

If you want a "better" Bible education than HAC, and don't want the baggage of PBI, then consider the Bible Institute that James Knox runs.

Ok what will happen to this place now that Pete is gone?

bgwilkinson said:

As with all schools where the founder dies, it will change and go "down".  It will take time, but they all do.

Happy New Year!

bgwilkinson said:

Any updates on the place?

Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

Any updates on the place?

They are still nut jobs who stand on the corner and scream. Peter Ruckman Jr. killed his son and them himself about 3 months ago. Sad!

Wonder if the residents in hell are sick of Petey's chalk talks yet?

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Ed Keough is a PBI Grad, a former missionary to the Ukraine, started Churches in the New York City area, and currently pastors a Church up in Montana. He was also a soul-winning buddy and street preaching partner of mine when we served in the Navy together in San Diego. During most of this time (we were both single in San Diego), he has been married to the same wife (Dina) and seems to have a wonderful family so he has actually done better than me in this respect!

Another one who never divorced is Dave Gilbert, former pastor of Bible Baptist Church, Tujunga CA (Later moved to Sylmar). He was my pastor for a short time in the early 90s and I married my first wife in that Church. Pastor Dave passed away a few years ago and is now with the Lord. He was married to ONE LADY (Michelle) the entire time.

Yet another is Buddy Duke who also served in the Navy with me in San Diego. He graduated PBI, spent some time in Houston at Shady Acres Baptist Church (My "Home Church" whenever I was in town and still hardcore IFB). He has been serving as a missionary in Germany the past 30 years or so. He has been married to Lyndee the entire time!

Just three examples that I have known personally. All three are good men who love (or have loved) their wives. We likely would not see eye-to-eye on many things these days and they would likely never call me to preach for them but there is no doubt in my mind that they have been faithful to the Lord throughout the years.

I am certain there are many others who passed through PBI, got what they needed, and steered clear of the "Kool Aid!"

Still wouldn't recommend PBI to anyone though. Not sure what it is like now but last I heard, Dr. Ruckman intended for the walls to fall down around him after he had passed!

Another grad who lives in Lewiston ID... Nathan Gipp has been marred for just over 20 years. I've met him and several of his congregation. I found Pastor Gipp to be a very nice guy and wish i could spend more time getting to know him but that's not where our station in life is right now. All seem to have a good reputation in the community. Friends of mine used to head up the local homeschooling co-op and they knew Pastor Gipp and they speak well of him. Mrs. abcaines and I attended a Christmas service at his church and it was a very good service.

Yes, we saw some PBI trappings there which may stand in the way of joining their church but they are passionate about preaching the Word and sharing the gospel. They aren't like me and I'm not like them but that doesn't mean I don't wish them the best and God's speed.

Still wouldn't recommend PBI to anyone though. Not sure what it is like now but last I heard, Dr. Ruckman intended for the walls to fall down around him after he had passed!
I didn't get into details with Pastor Gipp but he's grooming several young men who will presumably end up going there. I didn't know about Ruckman's son at the time. I wouldn't bring up the situation with him, however. I'm sure he was grieved by it when it happened.

I would be more apt to recommend the CC Bible College, but that's me. I'd still rather see someone go to PBI than ORU.