Planned Parenthood and Abortion

praise_yeshua

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/07/15/shock-video-planned-parenthood-sells-dead-baby-body-parts.html

Dr. Russell Moore, the president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, summed it up in one word – speechless.

“If this does not shock the conscience, what will?” Moore wrote online. ‘It is not only that infants, in their mother’s wombs, are deprived of their lives, but also that their corpses are desecrated for profit.”

Notice that this statement come from a "supposed" liberal organization....Geesh.

I'm definitely not defending PP (I am staunch pro-life) but I don't think the facts all been laid out on the table:

http://m.snopes.com/pp-baby-parts-sale/

It’s unclear why the video was held for over a year before it was released, and it has some curious aspects to it. For starters, it opens with a news report and footage of Planned Parenthood president Gloria Feldt condemning “inappropriate behavior,” presented in a manner that made Feldt’s statement seem like she was commenting on the current issue even though the quote was actually more than a decade old.

<snip>

In addition to the above-displayed video, the Center for Medical Progress also released an unedited version of the conversation. Despite the fact that this video is more than two hours long, it contains very little in the way of specifics about exactly what the Planned Parenthood representative is actually offering or selling. For instance, the “smoking gun” of the original video occurs at the 12:24:00 mark when Nucatola states a price of “$30 to $100,” but it’s unclear exactly what she is talking about.

<snip>

Although it is unlawful “to knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer any human fetal tissue for valuable consideration if the transfer affects interstate commerce,” it is legal for patients to donate extracted material for medical research. It’s possible that Nucatola is merely outlining the costs (e.g., labor, shipping) of that process, which allows “reasonable payments associated with the transportation, implantation, processing, preservation quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue.”

In a press release issued in response to the video, Planned Parenthood asserted that this was the case:

Smellin Coffee said:
I'm definitely not defending PP (I am staunch pro-life) but I don't think the facts all been laid out on the table:

It’s unclear why the video was held for over a year before it was released, and it has some curious aspects to it. For starters, it opens with a news report and footage of Planned Parenthood president Gloria Feldt condemning “inappropriate behavior,” presented in a manner that made Feldt’s statement seem like she was commenting on the current issue even though the quote was actually more than a decade old.

<snip>

In addition to the above-displayed video, the Center for Medical Progress also released an unedited version of the conversation. Despite the fact that this video is more than two hours long, it contains very little in the way of specifics about exactly what the Planned Parenthood representative is actually offering or selling. For instance, the “smoking gun” of the original video occurs at the 12:24:00 mark when Nucatola states a price of “$30 to $100,” but it’s unclear exactly what she is talking about.

<snip>

Although it is unlawful “to knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer any human fetal tissue for valuable consideration if the transfer affects interstate commerce,” it is legal for patients to donate extracted material for medical research. It’s possible that Nucatola is merely outlining the costs (e.g., labor, shipping) of that process, which allows “reasonable payments associated with the transportation, implantation, processing, preservation quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue.”

In a press release issued in response to the video, Planned Parenthood asserted that this was the case:

So you're going to believe Planned Parenting? The lady clearly is talking of selling something. Spin it ever-how you want to spin it. Someone is getting monies for baby parts. You can say its to cover expenses but its still getting money for something.

What would you consider "reasonable" expenses? Is anyone making "profit" off the "transportation, implantation, processing, preservation quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue"

praise_yeshua said:
Smellin Coffee said:

<snip>

<snip>

So you're going to believe Planned Parenting? The lady clearly is talking of selling something. Spin it ever-how you want to spin it. Someone is getting monies for baby parts. You can say its to cover expenses but its still getting money for something.

What would you consider "reasonable" expenses? Is anyone making "profit" off the "transportation, implantation, processing, preservation quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue"

Smellin and Goner must, at ALL cost, must cover for liberal IDIOCY.
I'm sure he has an out of context Rush quote to offer.... :)

praise_yeshua said:

Again, not defending them because I believe abortion is murder. But rather, I am just listening to the other side of the argument here:

In other words, the concern of the abortion clinics is not profit, but enabling fetal tissue collection or donation in a way that does not make their procedures more difficult and might make them easier. The most damning admission about money in the entire video is not quoting a price-per-specimen, but rather the admission that clinics “want to break even. And if they can do a little better than break even, and do so in a way that seems reasonable, they’re happy to do that.” Even if interpreted uncharitably, this is a far cry from “selling” tissue from abortions.

http://americamagazine.org/content/all-things/outrage-over-planned-parenthood-video-review-unedited-footage?utm_content=buffer9c0ca&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Hence, gathering more facts about what is really going on rather than jumping on either side of the bandwagon. And yes, in a court of law a defendant is allowed to say his piece, even if his testimony isn't held in high regard. So I'm letting PP have their say before siding with anyone on this.

If Tarheel believes it is "liberal idiocy" to not form an opinion until all sides are heard, he is welcome to think that.

Smellin Coffee said:
praise_yeshua said:

Again, not defending them because I believe abortion is murder. But rather, I am just listening to the other side of the argument here:

In other words, the concern of the abortion clinics is not profit, but enabling fetal tissue collection or donation in a way that does not make their procedures more difficult and might make them easier. The most damning admission about money in the entire video is not quoting a price-per-specimen, but rather the admission that clinics “want to break even. And if they can do a little better than break even, and do so in a way that seems reasonable, they’re happy to do that.” Even if interpreted uncharitably, this is a far cry from “selling” tissue from abortions.

http://americamagazine.org/content/all-things/outrage-over-planned-parenthood-video-review-unedited-footage?utm_content=buffer9c0ca&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Hence, gathering more facts about what is really going on rather than jumping on either side of the bandwagon. And yes, in a court of law a defendant is allowed to say his piece, even if his testimony isn't held in high regard. So I'm letting PP have their say before siding with anyone on this.

If Tarheel believes it is "liberal idiocy" to not form an opinion until all sides are heard, he is welcome to think that.

I asked your opinion. Please answer.

Is anyone making "profit" off the "transportation, implantation, processing, preservation quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue"

Smellin Coffee said:
So I'm letting PP have their say before siding with anyone on this.

Sounds to me like PP had their say . . . Over a salad and some wine.

praise_yeshua said:
Smellin Coffee said:
praise_yeshua said:

I asked your opinion. Please answer.

Is anyone making "profit" off the "transportation, implantation, processing, preservation quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue"

Again, I don't know. I have yet to see any 'profit' beyond expense reimbursement. Not saying it isn't happening, just don't have enough information for me to take a position.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
So I'm letting PP have their say before siding with anyone on this.

Sounds to me like PP had their say . . . Over a salad and some wine.

Evidently, we can't believe what we see and hear....I guess liberals aren't just IDIOTIC, they think everyone else is IDIOTIC.  :)

Whoopi Golberg wanted all the facts before making a judgement on Cosby as well.

Funny thing is, everybody already had the facts. Except for a video recording like the one PP lady was recorded on. Smh Smellin smh

Bruh said:
Whoopi Golberg wanted all the facts before making a judgement on Cosby as well.

Yeah, but Whoopi never met a Hollywood rapist she didn't like (cf. Roman Polanski and her remarks about "rape rape").

Don’t blame Planned Parenthood for our abortion culture

The release of the video has freshly inflamed the abortion part of the culture wars.

We know that videos can be edited by those who want to hurt their enemies. We know how very much some people hate Planned Parenthood. And we know that doctors can easily sound cavalier about practices they routinely employ and the rest of us could not imagine.

I won’t pile on Dr. Nucatola. The video seems pretty disastrous for her and for Planned Parenthood.

I will pile on us. Us? Yes, we the people of the United States of America.

We are the ones who have created a society in which we have become utterly dependent on abortion.

We are the ones who choose every year to turn to abortion clinics and drugs to end one out of five healthy pregnancies.

We are the ones who keep having sex outside of committed and marital relationships — and thus risking an unwelcome pregnancy.

We are the ones who keep having sex without using contraceptives, even when they are readily available.

We are the ones who fight over the politics of abortion without doing much to reduce demand for abortion.

Men, I speak to you: how many of you would really like to live in a society in which abortion was not available as a backstop for your sometimes casual and irresponsible sexual encounters?

How many of you churchgoing, supposedly God-fearing American men have ever had sex you shouldn’t have had — or failed to use birth control you should have used?

How many of you have been awfully glad that in the end abortion was available to save your marriage, your career, your reputation, and your bank account? How many ministers in that number? How many politicians?

<snip>

Republicans, I speak to you: for all your pro-life rhetoric, would you really pull the trigger on rolling back abortion access in any serious way? Would you really want to face the political consequences of making abortion largely illegal, in this libertine country? (We all might just find out after 2016 if a Republican is elected president.)

Democrats, I speak to you: who among you are willing to say that this video reflects an attitude toward the moral status of fetal life that is less than appealing? And by the way, whatever happened to “safe, legal, and rare”? Where’s your energy for seriously driving down abortion rates — and being willing to talk about why such a goal would reflect your party’s values of concern for the vulnerable and powerless?

Smellin Coffee said:
Republicans, I speak to you: for all your pro-life rhetoric, would you really pull the trigger on rolling back abortion access in any serious way? Would you really want to face the political consequences of making abortion largely illegal, in this libertine country? (We all might just find out after 2016 if a Republican is elected president.)

Yes, I would, though I'm not a republican.  This country is founded on our Creator giving everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Murdering an unborn child violates the right to life, violates the constitution, and should be illegal like all murder.  I'm hard core on this and I would not make exceptions for rape and incest.  The rapist or family member is guilty, not the baby.  I'm not hard core on punishing a woman who gets an illegal abortion, though.  There's room for mercy. 

Of course, with my view, I'd never get elected, which is fine with me, since I'd never run for an office. 

By the way, being pro-life/anti-abortion isn't a religious issue except for the fact that murder is illegal because of our God-given right to life.  In other words, while the law against murder comes from God, it's still the law, and therefore a legal issue without having to invoke God. 

The author does point the finger in the right direction, though - the American people. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Yes, I would, though I'm not a republican.  This country is founded on our Creator giving everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Murdering an unborn child violates the right to life, violates the constitution, and should be illegal like all murder.  I'm hard core on this and I would not make exceptions for rape and incest.  The rapist or family member is guilty, not the baby.  I'm not hard core on punishing a woman who gets an illegal abortion, though.  There's room for mercy. 

Of course, with my view, I'd never get elected, which is fine with me, since I'd never run for an office. 

By the way, being pro-life/anti-abortion isn't a religious issue except for the fact that murder is illegal because of our God-given right to life.  In other words, while the law against murder comes from God, it's still the law, and therefore a legal issue without having to invoke God. 

The author does point the finger in the right direction, though - the American people.

Well said Tomato well said.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Smellin Coffee said:

What popped in my head when he said "political consequences" was the additional mouths to feed from our welfare system. There would be greater debt and bigger government (in theory). Not sure if that was his point, but that was how I took it.

The blood of babies is on the hands of the American people, Republican and Democrat alike.

1- Abortion is not murder, it is homicide.  Legalizing homicide for an inocent defenseless human whose entire life is before him (or her) puts all human life at risk. If that fetus is inconvenient, any one of us can be deemed inconvinient by the state at any time. The tomato is correct that even atheists who think clearly ought be against any abortion that does not gravely threaten the life of the mother (and those are very rare).

2- I see no reason why body parts should not be used, even sold. I dissected a cadaver and even sawed him in half (no power tool, old fashioned saw). My own body is donated to the Miami Medical school for the same purpose: to teach. I find it curious that people who accept the homicide of a healthy child should be concerned about the "products of conception" once inanimate. It is the triumph of feeling over thought, and style over substance that has leads to this incoherent dread of body parts for profit; but defense of homicide for profit.

3- Do not forget why Planned Parenthood was started: eugenics. To this day they preferentially abort black babies. This is a consistent application of Darwinian theories oof origins. as often written by Ms Sanger. That black people overwhelmingly vote for the party of slaverym, then segregation and now the leading cause of death among blacks bu far is also curious. While there are guilty Republicans, any objective historical view of which party has valued life more clearly shows Democrats, starting with Andrew Jackson the very first Democrat President who was censored by congress for his "trail of tears" policy to the present former Senator Obama who voted for POST_ABORTION  killing are the party of death in the US.

Smellin Coffee said:
We are the ones who fight over the politics of abortion without doing much to reduce demand for abortion.
How many of you churchgoing, supposedly God-fearing American men have ever had sex you shouldn’t have had — or failed to use birth control you should have used?

As a virgin who married a virgin, who together with my wife joyfully turned our house into a mini-ICU taking care of 2 desperately ill newborns whose mother (an aquaintance) was at the end of her rope freely, ask away. My wife for some time now has wanted to adopt a child with Down's syndrome now that our kids are grown; and I've only delayed as our own grandaughters have had health issues and our finances are tight.

Please ask, you will find that the pro-life community is HUGELY in support of unwed mothers who ask for help.

There are those who shoulder burdens, and now many of those charities are being shut down because they refuse to go along with the LGTBQRSTUVXYZ agenda.

The early church grew not only by conversion and birthrate; but also from picking up children left to die by the road (abortion was not as safe then).

The actions and history of the Bible believing Church on this is very good, not perfect, but way better than any other religious or secular body.

Unfortunately for the US, we are few and growing fewer. Soon there shall be nothing between the godless secular death machine, and the demonic Islamic death machine. Then we shall see Satan's house have to come to terms with itself.

I put the blame for abortinism where it's due--on Arminianists.  With their man-made theology they ought be happy thinking that all these aborted babies gone to Heaven.