Please pray for my wife again...

The Rogue Tomato

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
...her condition turned out to be worse than we thought.  She'll need more surgery, tests, and perhaps Chemo. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
...her condition turned out to be worse than we thought.  She'll need more surgery, tests, and perhaps Chemo.
Arggghhhh!

May God see fit to Miraculously heal.

Sorry for you and her.  Praying for you both.  Kids?

Binaca Chugger said:
Sorry for you and her.  Praying for you both.  Kids?

Yes, two.  18 and 21.  My daughter (18) is coming home tonight to visit. 

Thank you all for praying.  My wife is extremely scared, which is perfectly understandable.  Maybe I'm getting peace from God, since I'm not scared.  But it breaks my heart to see her so scared and stressed.  So when she cries because she's scared, I cry because she's scared.

I do have one item particularly worthy of praising God (everything is worthy of praising God, of course).  My employer has an unusual open enrollment month, which is April.  So I was able to add my wife to my insurance policy.  It's very expensive and has a huge deductible, which is why I hadn't added her before, but it's going to be less expensive than paying for everything out of pocket. 

Answer to prayer!  I do not recall hearing you had landed a job.  Especially ine with open enrollment at the right time.  Sovereignty.

Binaca Chugger said:
Answer to prayer!  I do not recall hearing you had landed a job.  Especially ine with open enrollment at the right time.  Sovereignty.

Amen to that.  Yes, I've been working since last May.  I started as a technical writer, but now I'm developer support (I help people who are having trouble developing applications for a range of products, using a variety of APIs and languages).  I love writing, but only in the creative sense, and technical writing doesn't allow for much creativity.  I'm much happier helping people. 

We got good news and bad news today.  I'll just tell you the good news:  In most cases of gall bladder cancer, the person doesn't know about it until it's too late, and then it's basically 1-5 years life expectancy even with chemo.  In her case, the tumor blocked the exit passage while it was still relatively small (about golf ball size) and caused tremendous pain, which led to the removal of the gall bladder.  The tricky part is that they might have left some of the tumor in the exit tube because they weren't looking for cancer.  Even so there's a chance it didn't spread to the walls of the gall bladder and therefore outside the gall bladder into surrounding tissue.  There's no way to know without removing some of the liver and surrounding lymph nodes, which is what she's having done next week.  They do that partly to do a biopsy and check, and partly to take out anything that might have been exposed. 

But there's hope.  I'm clinging to God and the hope. 

And, dang, my wife has a BP of 120/70.  I'm so jealous. ;)

I know a thing or 10 (a real number) about the cancer journey.  You see, cancer runs in my family.  I understand your peace, Mr. Tomato, because I also had that peace!  I thought of it as “I’m not going to worry until someone tells me to worry”, but in truth, that sort of peace comes only from God!

I’m praying for your wife, you and your family.  I pray that indeed, your wife was blessed with an “early warning sign” to a normally “silent” cancer.  My husband survived two different cancers due to this exact scenario. 

Yes, a cancer diagnosis makes for a bumpy road, even when caught early.  But God is so merciful.  I liken a trial as a stone thrown into a pond.  The stone makes ripples.  Blessings are in the ripples.  Your blessing is not in every ripple, but be patient, because your ripple is coming!

Praying for you and your family.
God Bless.

Praise God! 

My wife had 4.5 hours of surgery today.  They removed the one tube that might have contained leftover tumor they missed because they originally weren't considering cancer when they removed her gall bladder.  They did an immediate biopsy, and there was no cancer there.  Also, no other visible signs of cancer in the section of liver and lymph nodes removed, although they have to biopsy those later to be sure.  She will still receive Chemo and possibly radiation as a way to be sure it's all gone. 

She's in a LOT of pain -- the incision was HUGE, and cut right through the muscle.  But we're deliriously thankful. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your prayers.

Praise be to God.

That's fantastic news

Praise God again!  The biopsy of the tubes, liver and lymph nodes had no signs of malignancy. 

The doctor still wants her to have Chemo when she's stronger.