Portland anarchists burn Bibles

Normal person: That's horrible. They're becoming the fascists they claim they're fighting.

Fundy: Um . . . what version was it?

My oldest son told me about a kid in his class back when he was in high school. The school is connected to the church. His classmate found an NIV Bible and set on fire in a sink. He said it nearly caught the curtains on fire. That would have been interesting to explain to the community. Your church burnt down because the students were burning Bibles.

Off-topic but there was also a severed pig's head. I think they may have offended Jews/Muslims and/or vegans/animal rights groups with that.

Off-topic but there was also a severed pig's head. I think they may have offended Jews/Muslims and/or vegans/animal rights groups with that.
Remember a few months ago when this story did the rounds, along with the implied idea that Lord of the Flies wasn't realistic because it worked out OK for these guys?

Well, now the anarchists are in control and there are literal pig's heads in the streets. They'll be killing the fat kid for his glasses any time now.

They could have been Ruckmanites burning NIVs.

If you watched the entire video, you know this is a REAL Baptist church, as they state, "Food will be served after the burning".

If you watched the entire video, you know this is a REAL Baptist church, as they state, "Food will be served after the burning".

Riplinger and I are waiting for the new ‘expanended’ edition of the video to come out.

Last edited:
I guess I could go buy an NIV at goodwill in exchange for fried chicken.