Prayers needed

Still There

Elect
Reaction score
A few weeks ago we were told that our division was being transferred out of state.  We work for a large company and our group is of 25 close knit.  One of the guys I work for just found out this week his mother who is only 75  has stage 4 lung cancer.  So between having to look for another job and now dealing with chemo has been quite despondent.  I told him if there was anything I can do I told him to ask.  I did say that I would add him and his mom to my prayer list.  He said he was very appreciative. 

My Prayer request for you is to pray for my co-worker as he deals with his mother and pray for his mother as she's already in frail health; and

Pray that we all find jobs.  Most of the age group is from about 45-60.  And now a days people don't want the "older" folks they want the young ones they can train and not pay. 

THANKS and God Bless!

Will pray. Sorry for this curve ball, for you and all the others. And especially the cancer. :(

Praying for your co-worker and family

Still There said:
A few weeks ago we were told that our division was being transferred out of state.  We work for a large company and our group is of 25 close knit.  One of the guys I work for just found out this week his mother who is only 75  has stage 4 lung cancer.  So between having to look for another job and now dealing with chemo has been quite despondent.  I told him if there was anything I can do I told him to ask.  I did say that I would add him and his mom to my prayer list.  He said he was very appreciative. 

My Prayer request for you is to pray for my co-worker as he deals with his mother and pray for his mother as she's already in frail health; and

Pray that we all find jobs.  Most of the age group is from about 45-60.  And now a days people don't want the "older" folks they want the young ones they can train and not pay. 

THANKS and God Bless!

You kind of think that when you hit this age bracket things will be pretty much settled and the way it will be until we retire or die. Been there and am there right now. You are not alone!

BALAAM said:
Still There said:

THANKS and God Bless!

You kind of think that when you hit this age bracket things will be pretty much settled and the way it will be until we retire or die. Been there and am there right now. You are not alone!

That's what I thought when I joined the firm 6 years ago.  Many of the people here have 25, 30, one guy has 40 and he can retire, but some of us aren't of retirement age and we need a job. 

Still There don't let age stop you from doing anything you need to do...............Update your resume and don't be afraid to go back and take some classes for a better job. My prayers are with all involved.

Will pray for you and the Fam.

Does your hubby still have job security, if I come back there and off a few people?

;D

prophet said:
Will pray for you and the Fam.

Does your hubby still have job security, if I come back there and off a few people?

;D

Hubby does have somewhat safe job, but I carry all the benefits.  His company offers no benefits, so it's all left up to me.  My salary pays 80% of the household bills.  One nice thing is my car will be paid off this month, so that will give us a little extra money every month.  It's also a bad time because we are looking for a house; we rent now and our lease is up in November and we really wanted to be in a house by at least March.  But I'm not down, but just a set back on things.  I'm okay.  God has his hand in this. 

What kind of work do you do? Will pray for your group and your co worker's mom.

4everfsu said:
What kind of work do you do? Will pray for your group and your co worker's mom.

I'm Sr. Exec. Assist and Sr. HR Administrator.  Not at the same time, but have done both.  THANKS for praying for my co-worker's mom.