"Preacher Boy" free labor.....

I guess I am part of the big IFB cover-up, since I never was bothered by being offered the opportunity to serve the Lord with unpaid, un-coerced free labor when I was part of the IFB movement.

No need to guess. My appeals wasn't based upon "I guess". I know a logical fallacy when I see it. I know what the Scriptures teach. When your preferred IFB uses the Scripture "A laborer is worthy of his hire"...... He only applies it to himself. Which is egotistical and self centered. He does this because he only thinks of himself.

If that IFB is worthy of pay, then all laborers are worthy of pay. Unless you prefer to apply the Scripture ONLY to those you prefer and not all of those in Christ Jesus.

I guess I was more pre-occupied with less important issues. For instance, as an IFB, I publicly protested against the idolatrous hero worship of Jack Hyles, Bush, and Peter Ruckman, against the sex perverts like Dave Hyles and Jack Schaap, against the abusive practices at Hephzibah House, against dictatorial "preacher rule" and the abusive bullying practices of IFB preachers and missionaries, against the IFB requirement of total blind support for Bush's war in Iraq which Trump now says was "a beauty of a mistake," against racism, against easy-believism, against Ruckmanism, against the policy of condemning people over pharisaical "standards" and dress codes, etc. Sorry, I was so pre-occupied with those minor issues that I neglected the really important issues like fighting pastors who allow their members to paint the church building or mow the lawn for free.

Well. You sure are picking the "low hanging fruit". The reason Hyles and the like....... sold themselves as effectively as they did....... is because there is no rudimentary understand of the Scriptures to be found among their followers.

I know you feel good about yourself. Much like Kidd and Edwards that think because they made mistakes for 40 years and NOW have changed a "little"....... they believe they just "arrived". Well. You haven't. That junk is so rooted in your systems that you can't even recognize what you're doing. You then try to "rank" sin so you ignore things you prefer to do and ignore things you consider "trivial".

Yeah, I'm being sarcastic.

You are now. That's rather easy to tell. Just like an "ole blind man" could have seen just how wrong Hyles was before he ever got involved...... Its was SO OBVIOUS.

I know you want to turn the OBVIOUS into the MONUMENTAL..... but nope. Doesn't work that way. Enjoy the "pat on the back". You have your reward.

Last edited:
What you actually said:

You seem to be saying that Jesus had the ability to take pictures if he chose to. Since he did not; we should not. What am I missing?

Notice the part "Don't tell me He couldn't.".....

Nope. All of that is entirely impossible. If you were a member of an IFB church obviously you were drone slave to your pastor. It's not possible you could have a thought of your own. Treasure told me that's how it works.

So when was the last time your stood against something "your pastor" taught/said?

You still paying those tithes like a good man worshiper?

Nope. All of that is entirely impossible. If you were a member of an IFB church obviously you were drone slave to your pastor. It's not possible you could have a thought of your own. Treasure told me that's how it works.

Your "pastor" still got you asking him what something means from the Scripture?

Your "pastor" still leading anything and everything to do with your choice of assembly?

Notice the part "Don't tell me He couldn't.".....
Ok. I didn't tell you he couldn't. Of course he could have. Just like he could have created a car. The fact he did not is not proof that those things are evil.

Ok. I didn't tell you he couldn't. Of course he could have. Just like he could have created a car. The fact he did not is not proof that those things are evil.

Which is the argument you're making. I never made that argument.

Jesus was specific. What Jesus taught is TRUE and it doesn't match the marketing strategy employed by your "preacher" of choice.

You're the one appealing to modern methods that Jesus "didn't do/couldn't do" to apply an exemption to what He taught.

So when was the last time your stood against something "your pastor" taught/said?

You still paying those tithes like a good man worshiper?
You mean besides, the not believing in eternal security, not caring whether women wear pants or not, not believing all CCM is evil, not believing that one must be in the church building every time the doors are open, not wearing tie, not being a fan of easy believism, and believing repentance is required for salvation?

You mean besides, the not believing in eternal security, not caring whether women wear pants or not, not believing all CCM is evil, not believing that one must be in the church building every time the doors are open, not wearing tie, not being a fan of easy believism, and believing repentance is required for salvation?

Oh. What trivial things. You can't possibly apply your silly requirements to such a wonderful man?

By the way, you didn't answer about tithing.

If he has your money. He has you. Well. What he really wants from you.

You can come into a forum and say you don't believe what he teaches... when he is not around..... That's not "standing up to him".....

If you "stand up to him".... he will make sure you don't come back around.

Oh. What trivial things. You can't possibly apply your silly requirements to such a wonderful man?

By the way, you didn't answer about tithing.

If he has your money. He has you. Well. What he really wants from you.

You can come into a forum and say you don't believe what he teaches... when he is not around..... That's not "standing up to him".....

If you "stand up to him".... he will make sure you don't come back around.
Depends on the year. Some years I've been over 10% some under. I spend time in prayer toward end of year until I get a number I believe God wants me to give for the year.

Actually there have been folks that left my church in a huff that were welcomed back. When the current pastor was coming in there was a split so many left. Several of those families have come back. Again I know you want to make it sound like all IFBs are identical; they are not.

Depends on the year. Some years I've been over 10% some under. I spend time in prayer toward end of year until I get a number I believe God wants me to give for the year.

Actually there have been folks that left my church in a huff that were welcomed back. When the current pastor was coming in there was a split so many left. Several of those families have come back. Again I know you want to make it sound like all IFBs are identical; they are not.

Lets just see if what you say is true. Have you publicly withstood him on the doctrines you reject that he teaches? If not, then how can you possibly say you've stood against him?

You're only telling part of the story.

Why are you still giving HIM your tithe? God told Israel to bring it to the Storehouse. It was the last place God told anyone to send it to. Why are you disobeying God with your tithe?

I know you have a "my way" mentality. That might explain it.

Last edited:
Lets just see if what you say is true. Have you publicly withstood him on the doctrines you reject that he teaches? If not, then how can you possibly say you've stood against him?

You're only telling part of the story.
You mean am I an arrogant jerk that stands up and demand every see things they way I do? No, I don't do that. It's an IFB pastor with an IFB congregation. Why would I demand they all change their beliefs to match mine? I don't hide the areas where I differ. Some of the issues the pastor knows I differ on. Others are pretty obvious such as not wearing a tie.

Why are you still give HIM your tithe? God told Israel to bring it to the Storehouse. It was the last place God told anyone to send it. Why are you disobeying God with your tithe?
So it would seem there are several verses of the NT that indicate giving to the local church is Biblical. I'm not going to get caught up with whether it should be exactly 10% or not.

I Corinthians
16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I directed the churches of Galatia, so do you also. 2 On the first day of every week each one of you is to put aside and save, as he may prosper, so that no collections be made when I come.

You mean am I an arrogant jerk that stands up and demand every see things they way I do? No, I don't do that.

You can't keep that lie straight can you? You say my complaints are trivial and you contrast your complaints as being significant. When I call you on it, Surprise. Your complaints are not trivial.

It's an IFB pastor with an IFB congregation. Why would I demand they all change their beliefs to match mine? I don't hide the areas where I differ. Some of the issues the pastor knows I differ on. Others are pretty obvious such as not wearing a tie.

So you don't publicly resist his teachings. I knew you didn't. If you did, you would not be there. He would make sure of it....

Oh,.., but I sure he is such a very nice and caring guy.

So it would seem there are several verses of the NT that indicate giving to the local church is Biblical. I'm not going to get caught up with whether it should be exactly 10% or not.

Seriously. You talked about it being more than 10 percent and you recognized it as a tithe.... NOW you don't care. Again. These lies keep unraveling.

I Corinthians
16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I directed the churches of Galatia, so do you also. 2 On the first day of every week each one of you is to put aside and save, as he may prosper, so that no collections be made when I come.

Not that you know this... because you blindly follow "your pastor"... but that collection was for the poor saints at Jerusalem. If you're going to appeal to such things, you should know what they are.

Do you "pastor" funnel your money to the "poor saints at Jerusalem"? Probably not.

Also, you will notice. That Paul demanded that there be NO COLLECTIONS ONCE HE SHOWED UP.....

Which no "PASTOR"..... has ever said ever.... concerning meeting without collections.

You know.... they just got to get that money don't they?

Do you even pay attention to what you post? Nope. You just throw them out like your pastor does. Why wouldn't you. You're not saying he is wrong. No one is saying he is wrong.... so you just keep perpetuating the problem.

Is this trivial to you? Am I being trivial?

Again. Why do YOU give to your pastor. You know nothing is going anywhere unless he wants to go there. So much for the priesthood of the believer....

Seriously. You talked about it being more than 10 percent and you recognized it as a tithe.... NOW you don't care. Again. These lies keep unraveling.

And here is what I really said:

I know how much I''m supposed to give for the year. I don't care if you want to call it tithe or giving or something else. Man you love to live in the weeds don't ya.

Not that you know this... because you blindly follow "your pastor"... but that collection was for the poor saints at Jerusalem. If you're going to appeal to such things, you should know what they are.
Yep it was. Are you arguing that this is the only collection that this was the only time a collection was taken up in the NT church?

Is this trivial to you? Am I being trivial?
Yes, you are. Certainly you can debate how much a Christian should or should not give to his local church. If you are claiming one should not give to the local church you are going against the teaching of the Bible.

Again. Why do YOU give to your pastor. You know nothing is going anywhere unless he wants to go there. So much for the priesthood of the believer....
You are incorrect. The pastor and the deacons vote on a budget. Why do I give? Because I like to have a building to meet in and I've grown fond of AC/heat and electric lights. These would be some of the reasons.

And here is what I really said:

I know how much I''m supposed to give for the year. I don't care if you want to call it tithe or giving or something else. Man you love to live in the weeds don't ya.

Weeds? You're the one that one minute... acts like you care and the next.... changes your story. Liars do that.

Yep it was. Are you arguing that this is the only collection that this was the only time a collection was taken up in the NT church?

No. You misapplied that verse to your argument. Your mistake not mine. You don't care because you are reckless and unskilled in your commentary.