Preachers, what is the topic and text of your Sunday Sermon(s)?

ALAYMAN

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Currently I'm winding down a series on Repentance, Forgiveness, and Restitution.  Tomorrow's message is from Acts 3:21 titled "The restitution of all things".  Though right now I'm down with the flu, and may not make it to church at all. :(

For those who aren't preachers, what is your pastor/teacher currently teaching?

My pastor is going through the book of Acts on wednesday nights. On Sundays....normal stuff.

Quaker meetings don't have sermons, so we just talk about whatever the Spirit leads us to say.

wheatpenny said:
Quaker meetings don't have sermons, so we just talk about whatever the Spirit leads us to say.

What kind of things are usually said as a result? Do people ever say very strange things, false doctrine, etc? If so, how is that dealt with?

ReformedBeliever said:
wheatpenny said:

What kind of things are usually said as a result? Do people ever say very strange things, false doctrine, etc? If so, how is that dealt with?

A  lot of different things come up. In an Orthodox Quaker meeting, the Bible is held to be the standard for truth. The Spirit (Quakers sometimes  call Him the 'Christ Light')  will never lead anyone to contradict or go against the Bible. Anything that does not conform to the Bible is assumed to be one's own mind leading him, and not the Spirit.

My pastor generally does exposition on an entire book until he finishes it. He'll take several weeks, or longer if necessary.

wheatpenny said:

Do y'all ever discuss this verse...

Eph_4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

;)

this morning, Romans 8.32, 'Nothing Held Back', a sermon encouraging people to pray b/c God is so willing to give
tonight, Philippians 1.27, 'Don't Waste the Gospel', a sermon on the four basic ways outlined in the verse to reflect the truth of the Gospel in your actual life, ninth sermon so far in a series on Philippians

For those who aren't preachers, what is your pastor/teacher currently teaching?

Currently, a quickie overview of Isaiah titled "These are the Days of Isaiah," which draws parallels between Israel in Isaiah's day and our own.