Prophetic importance

B

Bro Blue

Being as there is so many interpretations on end time prophecy, I was wondering what kind of impact it has on our everyday practical christianity? I realize that God put it there for a reason, but if we knew every in and out of how it all will end what would we do about it?

For me I choose to live every day like Christ return is imminent, just like the Apostles' did....all the other issues are "in house" debates and discussions.

What would we do about it?  We already are commanded to be redeeming the time.  I know I don't redeem the time or I wouldn't be here  :)

Titus 2:13  Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

T-Bone said:
For me I choose to live every day like Christ return is imminent, just like the Apostles' did....all the other issues are "in house" debates and discussions.

That's what I believe, though I admit to not doing a great job of practicing it.  :-[

My view of end times prophecy doesn't change anything for me... though if I see events falling unmistakably into prophetic patterns, I'll certainly perk up and look. Key word there is unmistakably.

My pastor mentioned that we would be starting a study on the book of Revelations.  I thought, "A-ha!Finally, the answers to all my questions.  He went through each section, 1-by-1, and to my surprise, always stated, "Taking all this into account, shouldn't we all get busy soul-winning?!"  Spoken as a true Baptist.
Whatever it says, it ain't good; Let's get busy!  :)

For one thing, if we go through the Great Tribulation (and I think we will, except that it will be centered on Israel), then it would be a good idea to be prepared for it.  It is an opportunity to let us make Christ known through our perseverance and faith.

We were given the sign for when it starts.  So look for it and be prepared.