Public Apology

BALAAM

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I need to apologize to Muhammed Ali. All these years I coudn't stand the arrogance and always claiming that he was the greatest.

After reading the Sunday hit parade on facebook and twitter from the ifbx preachers, I now realize that Ali was not arrogant and did not brag. He was just sharing blessings!

It's good that you're finally coming around.

BALAAM said:
I need to apologize to Muhammed Ali. All these years I coudn't stand the arrogance and always claiming that he was the greatest.

After reading the Sunday hit parade on facebook and twitter from the ifbx preachers, I now realize that Ali was not arrogant and did not brag. He was just sharing blessings!

ouch...

BALAAM said:

Can you please expound? Thanks!

You must name names!

I'm disappointed. When I saw the thread title, I thought BALAAM was going to apologize for being a Pukers Packers fan!

Smellin Coffee said:
I'm disappointed. When I saw the thread title, I thought BALAAM was going to apologize for being a Pukers Packers fan!

I would argue that no apology is needed, but after last nights game, I'm not so sure.

Packers are not playing well, just like last year.  Is Favre available?  At least when he screws up, he's got fire in his belly.  Rodgers looks/plays like he's on sleeping pills.

Bruh said:
BALAAM said:

For reasons which escape me, I started reading some tweets from mostly ifbx guys' pastors, evangelists, etc. and I am just amazed at the nonsense. I have learned the following the twits who are tweeting:

I have never seen a man with a goatee who is still a gung-ho soul winner and holds stringent holiness standards. (Tom B. I am glad you  don't have a goatee)
Any man who wears a pair of shorts probably does not have the salvation of our Lord.
God showed up today in our service! (this is a common one)
Blessed beyond measure because of our strong stand for righteousness.
I can't stand these modern churches that are full of sin.

Mostly it is just listing their numbers for the day, which is not bad, but there is always the "and We don't have smoke machines in our church or God is blessing because of our old-fashioned stand. The evangelists are the worst.

I honestly went to church yesterday morning and heard the absolute best sermon in my over 50 years of life on "Blessed are the poor in Spirit". Just totally polar opposite of all the twitter feeds. He said that Max Lucado used the phrase 'heavenly applause' for the word blessed. As one of the illustrations he used the story of the publican and the sinner. Wish everyone could hear it.

If you ever read twitter feeds you have got to read lloydlegalist. He is hilarious!

I really hope Jesus comes back but not for a while yet. I have people,places, churches, and institutions to separate from!  @lloydlegalist

Remember that it is not a sin to glance at an ESV. It is that second look that may lead you to pick it up and read it that is a sin.  @lloydlegalist

BALAAM said:
Remember that it is not a sin to glance at an ESV. It is that second look that may lead you to pick it up and read it that is a sin.  @lloydlegalist

I thought someone said this guy is supposed to be funny. 

Sounds like good preachin' to me.

BALAAM said:
Bruh said:
BALAAM said:

For reasons which escape me, I started reading some tweets from mostly ifbx guys' pastors, evangelists, etc. and I am just amazed at the nonsense. I have learned the following the twits who are tweeting:

I have never seen a man with a goatee who is still a gung-ho soul winner and holds stringent holiness standards. (Tom B. I am glad you  don't have a goatee)
Any man who wears a pair of shorts probably does not have the salvation of our Lord.
God showed up today in our service! (this is a common one)
Blessed beyond measure because of our strong stand for righteousness.
I can't stand these modern churches that are full of sin.

Mostly it is just listing their numbers for the day, which is not bad, but there is always the "and We don't have smoke machines in our church or God is blessing because of our old-fashioned stand. The evangelists are the worst.

I honestly went to church yesterday morning and heard the absolute best sermon in my over 50 years of life on "Blessed are the poor in Spirit". Just totally polar opposite of all the twitter feeds. He said that Max Lucado used the phrase 'heavenly applause' for the word blessed. As one of the illustrations he used the story of the publican and the sinner. Wish everyone could hear it.

Thanks!

BALAAM said:

Glad to see someone else post about this; I've been bothered for a few years now that most preachers & staff on Twitter and FB seem to brag about how great their church is and are constantly posting numbers.  I'm quite sure that they would say that they are just sharing blessings, but it sure sounds like mere bragging.

And it becomes sin when the statements are invented.

Walt said:
BALAAM said:

Glad to see someone else post about this; I've been bothered for a few years now that most preachers & staff on Twitter and FB seem to brag about how great their church is and are constantly posting numbers.  I'm quite sure that they would say that they are just sharing blessings, but it sure sounds like mere bragging.

I actually share your thoughts.  I will say that there are some sincerely humble pastors that post about people being saved and baptized.  It is easy to become judgmental of those who we know have a "habit" of bragging.

RAIDER said:
Walt said:
BALAAM said:

I actually share your thoughts.  I will say that there are some sincerely humble pastors that post about people being saved and baptized.  It is easy to become judgmental of those who we know have a "habit" of bragging.

I know a young man who took over a church of 8 people that was ready to close its doors.  Every single week - and again on most Wednesday nights - he posts about their attendance on Facebook.  He is  excited over having 14  or a high day of 18, but he is just as excited at having 8 (including both his wife and him) on a Wednesday evening. 

(I'm proud of him.