Rachel Held Evans dies at 37

sword

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Best selling Christian writer Rachel Held Evans dies at age 37.

sword said:
I have not known of this lady until today & then finding an article on how she died.
    "Rachel Held Evans died Saturday morning after experiencing seizures as a reaction to antibiotics."

Aren't all these new antibiotics the drug companies have "developed" great. Statement not a question, but we should all ask questions before taking them. I feel the same about vaccinations.

fishinnut said:
sword said:
I have not known of this lady until today & then finding an article on how she died.
    "Rachel Held Evans died Saturday morning after experiencing seizures as a reaction to antibiotics."

Aren't all these new antibiotics the drug companies have "developed" great. Statement not a question, but we should all ask questions before taking them. I feel the same about vaccinations.

I didn't know about her either until I went to crosswalk.com for a Spurgeon daily devotional. From what I know she was a "progressive".  She intrepreted scripture like an unbeliever - not understanding for example that Jesus was testing the Syrophoenician woman's faith - Jesus was not a racial bigot who changed his mind about racial bigotry - that's not what that was about. Like a typical liberal she ignores all commentaries on that passage. Of course she wouldn't be a best-selling author if she read commentaries or really understood the passage. 

She was a "bestselling Christian author" whose career consisted of sneering at traditional Christian doctrine and practice and rejecting the infallibility and authority of the Bible. Her main shtick since around 2012 was advocating for the inclusion of practicing homosexuals in the church. She publicly walked away from evangelicalism because evangelicals would not give up the faith given to the Saints for the spirit of the age.

It's sad to see a young wife and mother taken so soon. But the Church is better off without her influence. I don't necessarily believe that RHE's illness was a divine judgment for her apostasy. Only God can know the most fundamental reason for someone's death. But I do believe in the words of Jesus: unless you repent, you will all likewise perish (Luke 13:3).

Ransom said:
She was a "bestselling Christian author" whose career consisted at sneering at traditional Christian doctrine and practice and rejecting the infallibility and authority of the Bible. Her main shtick since around 2012 was advocating for the inclusion of practicing homosexuals in the church. She publicly walked away from evangelicalism because evangelicals would not give up the faith given to the Saints for the spirit of the age.

It's sad to see a young wife and mother taken so soon. But the Church is better off without her influence. I don't necessarily believe that RHE's illness was a divine judgment for her apostasy. Only God can know the most fundamental reason for someone's death. But I do believe in the words of Jesus:unless you repent, you will all likewise perish (Luke 13:3).

It is sad that her family is missing their wife and mother...she was one of many who are moving the church in to apostasy.  Today she is seeing the reality of the truth she rejected.

T-Bone said:
Today she is seeing the reality of the truth she rejected.

That is a harsh truth.

I see we all agree concerning this nut job.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk