Recovering Fundamentalist Podcast's marketing campaign

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
Their message can be summed up with....

"Come over to our side. We'll let you do more without fussing at you. We'll just teach the "fundamentals" of the faith.

Just don't pay attention when we remind you to give. Don't pay attention that we're dictating to you what the fundamental are and that you should believe them just like we believe them. Don't pay attention that we like our "photo ops" as good as the next person. We can stand by a river with a young man that requested that we baptize him there. It was just a coincident we were in the picture too. After all, we are the servants.

Just much of the same with just a fewer demands. Don't you resist us though. Or get mad when we tell you to switch teaching sunday schools you've taught for 30 years. After all, its not your choice. It is our demand. You should obey God and recognize my authority. Yes, we still have authority even though we've told you that you answer to Jesus and not us. Yes. I know better than you do, doesn't matter if Paul said that widow indeed is worthy of DOUBLE honor or not. That means money for me and nothing for you.....

Same old same ole.

"Come over to our side. We'll let you do more without fussing at you. We'll just teach the "fundamentals" of the faith.

Just don't pay attention when we remind you to give. Don't pay attention that we're dictating to you what the fundamental are and that you should believe them just like we believe them. Don't pay attention that we like our "photo ops" as good as the next person. We can stand by a river with a young man that requested that we baptize him there. It was just a coincident we were in the picture too. After all, we are the servants.

Just much of the same with just a fewer demands. Don't you resist us though. Or get mad when we tell you to switch teaching sunday schools you've taught for 30 years. After all, its not your choice. It is our demand. You should obey God and recognize my authority. Yes, we still have authority even though we've told you that you answer to Jesus and not us. Yes. I know better than you do, doesn't matter if Paul said that widow indeed is worthy of DOUBLE honor or not. That means money for me and nothing for you.....

Same old same ole.
And this makes Treasure sad?

I don't see how this podcast will last after 1 year. Eventually all the stories will run out and the new ones will just be a repeat of the old ones with other people that are not as prominent.

I'm confident that there will be those in the fundy who will give them material for years to come.

I'm confident that there will be those in the fundy who will give them material for years to come.

Oh that is true but I'm just wondering if the popularity of the podcast will remain the same, decrease, or increase? I think there is a cap eventually they will meet.

It seems to me that their goal is simply to mock those with whom they disagree. Again - just my opinion - but it seems like the whole thing come from a place of bitterness, legalism and a sense of superiority. It is "Ha-Ha! Listen to those idiots. They are so wrong and we will always be angry at them for being wrong. We have the REAL Christianity and if you really want to be a REAL Christian you should be just like us."

True, I have only listened to a few podcasts. Tell me if I am wrong. I know that through the years we have pointed out the errors of IFB here on this forum. We have laughed at some of the silliness of the IFB. But we were laughing at OURSELVES as much as anything. We were making people aware of a problem that needed to be dealt with. Now that the issues have been made public, those conversations here are over. To me, it is just different.

Some years back, some people asked me to wright a tell all book exposing the IFB and explaining why it is wrong. I decided I wanted my ministry to focus on helping people glorify Christ, not being angry at what happened years ago. I dealt with my bitterness and moved forward. These guys seem more focused on name calling those that aren't like them than actually teaching Christ. The IFB used to mock and name call the liberals. In the same vanity, they are mocking and name calling the IFB. It is the same sin, just pointed at a different location.

Oh - and selling SWAG!?! Yeah - we really believe your goal is to just help people. EYEROLL!!!

They will mock IFB for selling books and tapes, but they have an obvious goal of making money through the entrenchment of bitterness in people's lives. I am a little disgusted.

Oh - and selling SWAG!?! Yeah - we really believe your goal is to just help people. EYEROLL!!!

They will mock IFB for selling books and tapes, but they have an obvious goal of making money through the entrenchment of bitterness in people's lives. I am a little disgusted.

I am not nor have I ever been IFB> I have wondered what their motivation is. It is obvious that there has been abuses. However, the IFB Pastors that I have met have been people that I can call friends and brothers in Christ and should not be lumped in with the abusers. What they are doing is not a ministry. They need to move out with something positive (serving God) both now and in the future rather than looking at the negative of the past.

Why do you have to declare them bitter. I don't think they're bitter.

They just haven't dealt with the BIG issue that affects everybody. They still have problems with ego and pride. They have an endless appetite to LEAD and CONTROL others. Brian runs people off from his church just like the rest of them. So does his dad Craig. Not to mention he has been run off from other churches himself for not taking care of things "at home".

They're all COMPETING. As much as I believe their message is shallow, they are at least making people think. I'm glad for that. People just need to realize that they shouldn't just change out their current "master" for another "master" in them.

It seems to me that their goal is simply to mock those with whom they disagree. Again - just my opinion - but it seems like the whole thing come from a place of bitterness, legalism and a sense of superiority. It is "Ha-Ha! Listen to those idiots. They are so wrong and we will always be angry at them for being wrong. We have the REAL Christianity and if you really want to be a REAL Christian you should be just like us."

True, I have only listened to a few podcasts. Tell me if I am wrong. I know that through the years we have pointed out the errors of IFB here on this forum. We have laughed at some of the silliness of the IFB. But we were laughing at OURSELVES as much as anything. We were making people aware of a problem that needed to be dealt with. Now that the issues have been made public, those conversations here are over. To me, it is just different.

Some years back, some people asked me to wright a tell all book exposing the IFB and explaining why it is wrong. I decided I wanted my ministry to focus on helping people glorify Christ, not being angry at what happened years ago. I dealt with my bitterness and moved forward. These guys seem more focused on name calling those that aren't like them than actually teaching Christ. The IFB used to mock and name call the liberals. In the same vanity, they are mocking and name calling the IFB. It is the same sin, just pointed at a different location.

Like you're pointing out their mistakes as well?

Nothing wrong in doing so. Getting things out in the open is good. Let people choose. I tried to challenge them on what they were doing and they were not interested. They do act like they're fine with a dissenting voices but they don't accept them when it comes their way.

Why do you have to declare them bitter. I don't think they're bitter.

They just haven't dealt with the BIG issue that affects everybody. They still have problems with ego and pride. They have an endless appetite to LEAD and CONTROL others. Brian runs people off from his church just like the rest of them. So does his dad Craig. Not to mention he has been run off from other churches himself for not taking care of things "at home".

They're all COMPETING. As much as I believe their message is shallow, they are at least making people think. I'm glad for that. People just need to realize that they shouldn't just change out their current "master" for another "master" in them.
I call them bitter because of the definition of the word. They refuse to dwell with people according to mercy. They are dwelling on past sins for which the guilty may or may not have repented, but there only focus is to point out the error of others.

Once again, the podcast will remain popular for a period of time until the novelty of it wears out. There will be a lid on top of the stories eventually and soon it'll be a forgotten podcast. I don't think it'll last more than 5 years at most.

Same old same ole.
Thanks for Listening!

I don't see how this podcast will last after 1 year. Eventually all the stories will run out and the new ones will just be a repeat of the old ones with other people that are not as prominent.
Three years in. 114 episodes in… still going strong! Guess you can cross “prophet” off your list.

I haven't listened to a single broadcast. I find that listening to complaining about the situations of the past instead of being proactive is really dumb.

Once again, the podcast will remain popular for a period of time until the novelty of it wears out. There will be a lid on top of the stories eventually and soon it'll be a forgotten podcast. I don't think it'll last more than 5 years at mo
I haven't listened to a single broadcast. I find that listening to complaining about the situations of the past instead of being proactive is really dumb.
That’s cute. Stay in your echo chamber. I can azure you as one of the host of the recovering fundamentalist podcast… that your take on our show is a bipolar opposite of what we actually are about! We want to help encourage those whose lives have been negatively affected by fundamentalist legalism in the church and we wanna challenge those who promote tradition over scripture. Recoveringfundamentalist.org

Once again, the podcast will remain popular for a period of time until the novelty of it wears out. There will be a lid on top of the stories eventually and soon it'll be a forgotten podcast. I don't think it'll last more than 5 years at most.
For the record. 3 years in and we are approaching 2.5 million downloads! I’ll be back in two years to update you!