Red cup

CTjDHHuUAAAhvn4.jpg:large

Every time I see a post on facebook about it, I find myself hearing Toby Keith singing "Red Starbucks Cup"....

Couldn't red poinsettias be found offensive too? They don't have "Merry Christmas" printed on them either.

patriotic said:
Couldn't red poinsettias be found offensive too? They don't have "Merry Christmas" printed on them either.

Hmmmm....good point.  See the need, take the lead.  Work on that, would ya?

IFB X-Files said:
patriotic said:

Hmmmm....good point.  See the need, take the lead.  Work on that, would ya?

I think I'll just buy a white one instead. 

I'd much rather have them be blank than to have the insipid "Happy Holidays" on them.

Walt said:
I'd much rather have them be blank than to have the insipid "Happy Holidays" on them.
You should make the red cup your avatar, in fact, why don't you EVER change it?

Honestly,  I don't have a problem with "Happy Holidays!"
New Year's Day, just one week after Christmas, is also a holiday.

Now, to call a Christmas tree a "holiday tree"  is rather stupid since no other holiday  employs the use of a tree, but the greeting doesn't bother me all that much.

patriotic said:

Now, to call a Christmas tree a "holiday tree"  is rather stupid since no other holiday  employs the use of a tree, but the greeting doesn't bother me all that much.

I agree. It is the 'holiday season'. No real controversy here.

patriotic said:

Well, I don't disagree -- I don't have a "problem" with Happy Holiday or Happy Holidays; I just think it seems to be lacking somehow.