Reducing Church Membership

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
On another thread IFB X-Files shared an article about a non-Baptist church reducing its membership.

http://www.larknews.com/archives/574

What are your thoughts and what have been the "policies' of churches with whom you have been ssociated?

I believe that sermon was preached, a few times a year at fbch, not  mailed.
  Looks like that new Manager had picked up on Baby-Sitting Baptist Church's  issues quite intuitively.
  The Church is reaping what it sowed.
  Honestly , this stuff is taught in the assembly in a healthy body of Christ.
Anishinabe

The guy who will heal is coming.  He will rule from Jerusalem.  Everyone whom he touches, will experience miracles.  His name isn't Obama.  The whole world will worship him.  Or be killed.

Anishinabe

Most of my church experience has members being "deactivated and removed" from membership if they are not active for anywhere from 6 months to a year.  Personally, I've never seen a case where someone comes back and then "rejoins".

Of course, no true HACker would do this as it's "all about the numbers" whether they show up or not.

Don't see any major problems with this one.  It seems that it was just the presentation of expectations that this couple needed.

graceandtruth said:
Don't see any major problems with this one.  It seems that it was just the presentation of expectations that this couple needed.
Too bad it's a lark.

Anishinabe

Yes, it's too bad churches don't ask members to get plugged in.  For instance, my mom volunteers in the nursery once a month.  Her youngest grandbaby is 19.  She doesn't volunteer because she likes rocking babies...she does it because there is not enough help.  What's really sad is, over the years, she has lost her mobility.  She can't do much more than just rock the babies.  But the other nursery staff is so appreciative of that one small act, because she still fills a gap...

Personally, I'd like to require the parents of those babies to serve in the nursery once in awhile, unless, of course, they happen to be plugged in somewhere else.