Reminder concerning the posting of Personal Information in the Forums (updated)

A

admin

I've edited and deleted several posts recently due to the posting of personal information in the forums without the permission from the user referenced. In the OLD FFF forum there are several people apparently angry that I've edited and delete their posts. "Remo" even asked that I delete his account due to this. I tried to talk to him via PM to understand the issue. He would not cooperate. I want to make it clear that I'm not targeting anyone. I'm not taking sides. I don't even know the person being referenced. However, I will not allow personal information to be posted without proper permission. It's just that simple.

I'm going to leave this topic open for discussion.

Thanks
Admin

Makes sense to me.  I would hate for someone to post my cell# or address and then have some crazy stalker after me. It seems the old FFF had that problem. 

...and the Admin is very active.  I think that's a good thing. ;)

Are you editing and deleting only the posts that are brought to your attention? Or are you sifting through the forum?

admin said:

"Remo" even asked that I delete his account due to this.

ONOZ! The forum is ruined forever!

admin said:
I've edited and deleted several posts recently due to the posting of personal information in the forums without the permission from the user referenced. In the OLD FFF forum there are several people apparently angry that I've edited and delete their posts. "Remo" even asked that I delete his account due to this. I tried to talk to him via PM to understand the issue. He would not cooperate. I want to make it clear that I'm not targeting anyone. I'm not taking sides. I don't even know the person being referenced. However, I will not allow personal information to be posted without proper permission. It's just that simple.

I'm going to leave this topic open for discussion.

Thanks
Admin

Sounds good.

However, everyone knows if they want me all they have to do is call Charlize Theron's cell, as I am usually hanging out with her. 

Bob L said:
Sounds good.

However, everyone knows if they want me all they have to do is call Charlize Theron's cell, as I am usually hanging out with her.

Charlize? When did you stop hanging with Eva Longoria? I thought you two were pretty tight?

;D LOL!!

[quote author=Admin]I know some are questioning my application of "personal information" in the forum. Let me be clear, internet personalities like "Lisa Ruby", who runs a website and readily shares her name on multiple internet forums...... does not fall under an "anonymous" user in this forum. Also, public personalities do not fall under the rule banning "personal information" in the forum.

I know some will go to great lengths to question anything to do with this forum. This is probably due to my wish to remain anonymous. Let me remind you that I've not asked ANYONE to share their identity here. In fact, I discourage such. Whether you realize this or not, when you share you name in forums such as this, you will get branded. Most employers now do "internet searches" or "research" concerning their respective employees online "persona". IF they find your "name" associated with a "fighting forum".... it might just cost you a job. I know many of you know one another. I ask that you remain anonymous as possible... FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT.

Again, I will not allow a person to be target on this forum by other users that want to put a "name" to an online persona. Its not going to happen. I ask you respect my wishes whether you agree with them or not. This should be a "safe" place to interact with others concerning your "faith".

Thanks
Admin
[/quote]

Once again, Mr. Admin is on top of things. Two thumbs up!!

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

admin said:
I know some are questioning my application of "personal information" in the forum. Let me be clear, internet personalities like "Lisa Ruby", who runs a website and readily shares her name on multiple internet forums...... does not fall under an "anonymous" user in this forum. Also, public personalities do not fall under the rule banning "personal information" in the forum.

I know some will go to great lengths to question anything to do with this forum. This is probably due to my wish to remain anonymous. Let me remind you that I've not asked ANYONE to share their identity here. In fact, I discourage such. Whether you realize this or not, when you share you name in forums such as this, you will get branded. Most employers now do "internet searches" or "research" concerning their respective employees online "persona". IF they find your "name" associated with a "fighting forum".... it might just cost you a job. I know many of you know one another. I ask that you remain anonymous as possible... FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT.

Again, I will not allow a person to be target on this forum by other users that want to put a "name" to an online persona. Its not going to happen. I ask you respect my wishes whether you agree with them or not. This should be a "safe" place to interact with others concerning your "faith".

Thanks
Admin

What's your definition of "targeted" and how do you propose to handle stalking?

I appreciate your wisdom..............from past experience when someone calls you names that cannot be repeated here or in an email or forum there are laws of harassment that each state has to protect you. After this happened to me a few years ago I have the laws and in many cases the person can go to jail for 2-5 years depending on their actions.

Thank you admin for looking out for us................Keep up the good work!!

Is it forbidden to let Lorainne or Mark know when Bob starts snooping around?

FortBuilder 8.25 said:
Is it forbidden to let Lorainne or Mark know when Bob starts snooping around?

I don't know what happened to my Bob, but I will say this, Bro. Blue sure reminds me of another Bob.

Why is that? Am I doing something that is looked down on in the forum?

Bro Blue said:
Why is that? Am I doing something that is looked down on in the forum?

You are who I think you are.

Same MO from your past actions reveal your idenity Bob.

Seems Bro Blue has a stalker...stalker reminds me of someone...Bro Blue don't let "it" get to you.

Bro Blue is not Bob, because when this forum first opened, both of them were posting on here at the same time and I think they even interacted with each other, so I'm certain that they are not the same person

admin said:
raised2walk said:
admin said:
I know some are questioning my application of "personal information" in the forum. Let me be clear, internet personalities like "Lisa Ruby", who runs a website and readily shares her name on multiple internet forums...... does not fall under an "anonymous" user in this forum. Also, public personalities do not fall under the rule banning "personal information" in the forum.

Thanks
Admin

What's your definition of "targeted" and how do you propose to handle stalking?

When I say "targeted".... I mean multiple users in the forum posting the "supposed" real name of a forum user. If someone is "stalking" someone.... I will review the evidence to support the accusation and handle it appropriately.

mm'Kay. How do you propose to handle those people who sign in under different user names (sockpuppets)?

admin said:
raised2walk said:
mm'Kay. How do you propose to handle those people who sign in under different user names (sockpuppets)?

As far as I can tell..... there isn't anyone doing this at the moment. I imagine it depends on what they are doing. As a general rule, I don't want sock puppets in the forum.

Are you a woman?
shifty.gif

;)