Returning for a Look-see

Dr. Bob

Elect
Reaction score
Was part of 3+ versions of the FFF since the end of the last century.  Told today about a new iteration and thought I'd come by.

I'm "Dr. Bob", pastor for 49 years + teaching college and grad school along with it at times.  Educated beyond my intelligence, with the spiritual gifts of Sarcasm and Satire.  I am historic fundamental Baptist, reformed in soteriology, mission-oriented and still at age 71+ and a couple of major strokes, pastoring a church-plant in the middle of Wyoming. 

Look forward to seeing old FFF faces, meeting new, avoiding many and praying imprecatory psalms on others.

Dr. Bob said:
I am historic fundamental Baptist

I'm afraid to ask what that even means, so I won't.

On the FFF were a group of "new" Baptists, who made their own new standards and doctrines, who followed the "xxx" mentality of legalistic outward and perverted inward.  To distinguish from them, we used "historic fundamental"  8)

They would preach a new doctrine (like KJVonly cult, no slacks) and call that "inspiration".  So we tried to sweetly (with 2x4's) reason with them of their error and schismatic teaching. 

We are "Particular" Baptist (Calvinistic who believe in a particular atonement for the elect, not the General atonement leaving it up to man) as were most Baptists until the inroads of modernism, finneyism, and more recently hylesism.  1644 London Baptist Confession, first doctrinal statement of English-speaking Baptists. etc

Give a church web address for any who might see the sort of church-planting information we're doing in the wild.

www.sovereigngracechurch.com

And personal daily web site (since 1996) with odds and ends, humor, etc on weekdays and a serious weekend edition

www.grif.net

Dr. Bob said:
On the FFF were a group of "new" Baptists, who made their own new standards and doctrines, who followed the "xxx" mentality of legalistic outward and perverted inward.  To distinguish from them, we used "historic fundamental"  8)

They would preach a new doctrine (like KJVonly cult, no slacks) and call that "inspiration".  So we tried to sweetly (with 2x4's) reason with them of their error and schismatic teaching. 

We are "Particular" Baptist (Calvinistic who believe in a particular atonement for the elect, not the General atonement leaving it up to man) as were most Baptists until the inroads of modernism, finneyism, and more recently hylesism.  1644 London Baptist Confession, first doctrinal statement of English-speaking Baptists. etc

There are others that have the same errors as yourself so you'll fit in well here.

Welcome!

Twisted said:
There are others that have the same errors as yourself so you'll fit in well here.

Welcome!

Lol! For many in the IFB, Baptist history begins with Hyles ;)

Dr. Bob said:
Was part of 3+ versions of the FFF since the end of the last century.  Told today about a new iteration and thought I'd come by.

I'm "Dr. Bob", pastor for 49 years + teaching college and grad school along with it at times.  Educated beyond my intelligence, with the spiritual gifts of Sarcasm and Satire.  I am historic fundamental Baptist, reformed in soteriology, mission-oriented and still at age 71+ and a couple of major strokes, pastoring a church-plant in the middle of Wyoming. 

Look forward to seeing old FFF faces, meeting new, avoiding many and praying imprecatory psalms on others.
Well-well Bob is back.......do tell!

The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
Twisted said:

Welcome!

Lol! For many in the IFB, Baptist history begins with Hyles ;)

In this particular case, it began with Ruckman.  :)