Revival sermons.... repeat after repeat.

Payday Someday.

Don't play obtuse.

I've mentioned more that that particular sermon. You're the one trying to focus on just one of several I've mentioned. As well as ignoring the article I posted on how plagiarism is common for sermons.

I have no idea who coined the alliteration. You know as well as I do, that such rhymes, puns, and alliteration were common occurrence during the time.

All this junk often does is sound phony. Contrived.

Paul said it best.

1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

Gill wrote...

was not with enticing words of man's wisdom; with technical words, words of art, contrived by human wisdom to captivate the affections; and with bare probable arguments only, a show of reason to persuade the mind to an assent, when nothing solid and substantial is advanced, only a run of words artfully put together, without any strength of argument in them; a method used by the false teachers, and which the apostle here strikes at, and tacitly condemns:

You have to understand what Treasure's definition of dishonesty is. He has preconceived notions in his head of what you believe. If you go against those preconceived notions that makes you a liar. He knows better what an individual believes than what that individual does, himself.

In that case, we probably owe him an apology for not being what he accuses us of...

I've mentioned more that that particular sermon.

Isn't it easier for you just to say nothing than waste time and effort on all this wasted verbiage that says nothing?

Or, you could just admit you don't know who Lee plagiarized from, and that your assertion that he probably did is based on your own ignorance and prejudice rather than facts.

Isn't it easier for you just to say nothing than waste time and effort on all this wasted verbiage that says nothing?

Or, you could just admit you don't know who Lee plagiarized from, and that your assertion that he probably did is based on your own ignorance and prejudice rather than facts.

I did mention others. Your request was vague. I could have assumed you meant R.G. Lee but I would have been accused of assuming something.

As far as "Payday Someday"..... I mean seriously. Do you enjoy such things yourself?

I have very little doubt that he heard the phrase somewhere else. I once took pleasure in "my abilities to turn a phrase"..... but I realized this world is full of creative people. It becomes more about my ability than what is actually being said.

I did mention others. Your request was vague.
And when it stopped being vague, you still didn't answer my question.

As I said . . . if you don't know, just say so and admit you specialize in making generalizations based on ignorance and prejudice rather than facts.

And when it stopped being vague, you still didn't answer my question.

As I said . . . if you don't know, just say so and admit you specialize in making generalizations based on ignorance and prejudice rather than facts.

I answered your question. Just not the way you demanded.

I answered your question. Just not the way you demanded.
Well can you copy and paste it in another reply, because I scrolled back up and didn't see you answer the question anywhere. Filibustering unrelated material is not answering a specific question.

Never read it. So I don't know, and don't care.

Which has nothing to do with you making unsupported assertions that Lee plagiarized it.

I'm sure you've never believed something on faith have you? Or based upon rational thought?

Well can you copy and paste it in another reply, because I scrolled back up and didn't see you answer the question anywhere. Filibustering unrelated material is not answering a specific question.

I'm not trying to please you.

I'm not trying to please you.
Uhhh...that's good I think. But you did claim to be answering a question which you did not. And now instead of admitting to it you are going to attempt to move the conversation in a different direction.

I'm sure you've never believed something on faith have you?

Faith means taking someone at their word. You might notice I'm not taking you at yours.

Or based upon rational thought?

Or ignorance and prejudice, as you apparently go by?

At this point, I'm ready to believe, based upon rational thought, that when you said Lee probably plagiarized "Payday Someday," you simply made it up (i.e. lied).

Faith means taking someone at their word. You might notice I'm not taking you at yours.

You never have and I'm glad you don't. You just tend to do it for the wrong people.

Or ignorance and prejudice, as you apparently go by?

At this point, I'm ready to believe, based upon rational thought, that when you said Lee probably plagiarized "Payday Someday," you simply made it up (i.e. lied).

The word "payday" was a common expression dating back to the 1500's. "Someday" is a common expression dating from the mid 1700.

Sorry. I can't help but believe that some poor soul coined the phrase long before some baptist decided to try and sell his sermon with the rhyme.

Uhhh...that's good I think. But you did claim to be answering a question which you did not. And now instead of admitting to it you are going to attempt to move the conversation in a different direction.

No need to respond to me again. Don't waste your time on me. I'm not going to deal with you anymore. I don't remember the last time I put someone on my ignore list but you're about there.

Before you claim victory. The issue isn't the fact I can't answer every single thing you say. It is because you ignore the vast majority of what I say and I have no desire to deal with such an dishonest method. You then have taken to following me around and injecting yourself into a conversation I'm having with someone else. COMBINED.... that is enough for me.

Hey, everybody, let's all point and laugh at treasure's bait and switch:

Do you really believe R. G. Lee didn't get that sermon from someone else?

vs.

I can't help but believe that some poor soul coined the phrase long before some baptist decided to try and sell his sermon with the rhyme.

Hey everybody, R. G. Lee stole a title! Because he used words! That someone else invented! In a particular order! He's a plagiarist! Gasp! Cue the musical sting! Tear the robes!

You're risible.

vs.

Hey everybody, R. G. Lee stole a title! Because he used words! That someone else invented! In a particular order! He's a plagiarist! Gasp! Cue the musical sting! Tear the robes!

You're risible.

You're such a faker. I couldn't possibly entertain you. No one really can.

The sermon is a sermon on Ahab and his mistress. I'll leave her name out so you can look it up. It is a common text and definitely regurgitation material. The title is just "icing on the cake".

Now, you're unique Ransom.... Well not entirely... but you're somewhat different. Always have been. Which why I've always kind of "liked" you.

No need to respond to me again. Don't waste your time on me. I'm not going to deal with you anymore. I don't remember the last time I put someone on my ignore list but you're about there.

Before you claim victory. The issue isn't the fact I can't answer every single thing you say. It is because you ignore the vast majority of what I say and I have no desire to deal with such an dishonest method. You then have taken to following me around and injecting yourself into a conversation I'm having with someone else. COMBINED.... that is enough for me.
Victory!!!
It's OK there are lots of people who hold grudges that pick up weak arguments to try to bring down their adversary. Eventually the bitterness will eat away at the grudge holder, though.

Only one last step. I must get on Treasures ignore list.

vs.

You're risible.
About any discussion he gets into he continues to shift the topic. Then when all else fails he'll call you a liar because you say something counter to what he has assumed you believe.

Anyway, I've been pointing and laughing.

A little late to the revival meeting here, folks, but Bro. Hyles would have his secretary keep track of which sermons he preached where. When going on his weekly preaching outings he would receive a list of ebery sermon he had preached within 100 mikes of where he was going. One time the Christian school teachers were at a seminar type setting where Bro, Hyles was invited. We were.... wait for it.... 120 miles awayfrom our church. Guess what he preached.... yes, a sermon he had preached at our church. The icing on the cake was when he came to an illustration on depending on God for ability to sing. He picked the same lady he had at our church.