Rift? Or just a new college?

GeneFrenkle

Elect
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what happened.  Bob Gray, SR started a new online college.  Still lives in Longview.  Dave Baker's on staff.  BGII is the chancellor of the old TBC. 

Online college: http://www.ibaptistcollege.org/academics/faculty/

Was it started "under" a church?
Is there a father/son rift?
Is there a lawsuit involved somewhere?

Thanks.

GeneFrenkle said:
I'm trying to figure out what happened.  Bob Gray, SR started a new online college.  Still lives in Longview.  Dave Baker's on staff.  BGII is the chancellor of the old TBC. 

No

You'd have to ask the  father or the son; anything we say would be mere speculation

Doubt it, but anyone can bring a lawsuit

Thanks.

Answers in red above.

The tale BG Sr gives out is that he sees a need for older layman to get an (pardon the word) education - he's aiming his "college" at the working man with a family.

I'm guessing that's he's trying to establish that he is "somebody"; his crusade against Schaap came to an abrupt end when Schaap was arrested.  He no longer pastors a church, so he cannot make himself look good or have adoring crowds of people hang on his every word.  He's hitched his wagon to the Riplinger/Ruckman weirdness claiming that God wrote the KJV, and that group of supporters is dwindling.  So, perhaps this online college is a way to show that he is still relevant.

Walt said:
GeneFrenkle said:

No

You'd have to ask the  father or the son; anything we say would be mere speculation

Thanks.

Answers in red above.

The tale BG Sr gives out is that he sees a need for older layman to get an (pardon the word) education - he's aiming his "college" at the working man with a family.

I'm guessing that's he's trying to establish that he is "somebody"; his crusade against Schaap came to an abrupt end when Schaap was arrested.  He no longer pastors a church, so he cannot make himself look good or have adoring crowds of people hang on his every word.  He's hitched his wagon to the Riplinger/Ruckman weirdness claiming that God wrote the KJV, and that group of supporters is dwindling.  So, perhaps this online college is a way to show that he is still relevant.

Wow.  How many times has be blasted colleges and papers starting on their own without the protection of the church.  I seem to remember the sermon: "The Gates of Hell".

Has he said why he is going against years of his own teaching?

Also, regarding the lawsuit question.  I had heard something from a friend that he had read directly, but all parties have deleted.  There was a back and forth between a Gary Mann and David Baker.  Something about a lawsuit.  There are traces of reference to a lawsuit on Gary Mann's FB page (public, we're not friends).  What I didn't see -he said that he did- was some reference to a college.  This had been the first I had heard of this new "college".

Thank you.

GeneFrenkle said:
Walt said:
GeneFrenkle said:

No

Thanks.

Answers in red above.

Wow.  How many times has be blasted colleges and papers starting on their own without the protection of the church.  I seem to remember the sermon: "The Gates of Hell".

Also, regarding the lawsuit question.  I had heard something from a friend that he had read directly, but all parties have deleted.  There was a back and forth between a Gary Mann and David Baker.  Something about a lawsuit.  There are traces of reference to a lawsuit on Gary Mann's FB page (public, we're not friends).  What I didn't see -he said that he did- was some reference to a college.  This had been the first I had heard of this new "college".

Thank you.

It is possible that David Baker is involved in some lawsuit; I don't know him, but seem to recall reading something about him on the FFF.  If there is any kind of a lawsuit, it is separate from the college.

And, yes, it is pretty odd after all of that preaching against colleges not being under the control of  a church that he changes his mind and this one is find.

It's just one of the many reasons I don't think much of the man - he seems willing to change to whatever works for him.

Walt said:
GeneFrenkle said:
Walt said:
GeneFrenkle said:

No

Thanks.

Answers in red above.

Thank you.

It is possible that David Baker is involved in some lawsuit; I don't know him, but seem to recall reading something about him on the FFF.  If there is any kind of a lawsuit, it is separate from the college.

And, yes, it is pretty odd after all of that preaching against colleges not being under the control of  a church that he changes his mind and this one is find.

It's just one of the many reasons I don't think much of the man - he seems willing to change to whatever works for him.

Dave Baker was involved in a bankruptcy and a fraud prosecuted by the US Government.

It also appears he may have been expecting a roll in a Hollywood Movie that was part of the fraud.

This thread has most of what is publicly known at this point.

http://www.fundamentalforums.org/hyles-anderson-college/dave-baker-muslims-unite-with-baptists/

GeneFrenkle said:
Walt said:
GeneFrenkle said:

No

Thanks.

Answers in red above.

Thank you.

Stinkin Compromiser. I kind of wonder how his sidekick Alan Domelle view this. Of course we know that they can preach all their lives that no ministry should be started outside of a local church until they decide to.

BALAAM said:
GeneFrenkle said:
Walt said:
GeneFrenkle said:

No

Thanks.

Answers in red above.

Thank you.

Stinkin Compromiser. I kind of wonder how his sidekick Alan Domelle view this. Of course we know that they can preach all their lives that no ministry should be started outside of a local church until they decide to.

Domelle has hitched his wagon to Bob Gray II, after Jeff Owens sudden resignation.

IFB X-Files said:
Walt said:
Domelle has hitched his wagon to Bob Gray II

Everybody needs a paycheck.

Yes, he is actually the president of Texas Baptist Seminary or whatever it is now. My big question with these guys is how they constantly pass themselves off as 'old paths' and 'never change' guys and then they start a new-fangled on line college. Nothing wrong with that for sure, but I still remember hearing how a man who wanted to go into the ministry needed to get away from home and go off to college. If God was not able to provide in college He would certainly not be able to provide in the ministry. I guess the "old paths" are quite subjective.

Now I kind of beginning to wonder if there is some type of rift here. BG has written article after article bemoaning the fact that the young folks don't want to listen to the old folks any more. (I assume he means himself). He has been complaining about how much starting the on-line college has cost him.

In the meantime: BG2 and Domelle just had this national 'old paths' conference and there hasn't been a word. They used to have BG1 speak and every day there was some type of report on how great the conference was the day before and how many people were at the altar. Now, I noticed that BG1 and son 2 have their own things going on and don't bother to come. Seems kind of odd for a nation wide conference. And these guys are on planes jetting all over the world so it is not that they or opposed to traveling or just want to be in their home churche

BALAAM said:
Now I kind of beginning to wonder if there is some type of rift here. BG has written article after article bemoaning the fact that the young folks don't want to listen to the old folks any more. (I assume he means himself). He has been complaining about how much starting the on-line college has cost him.

In the meantime: BG2 and Domelle just had this national 'old paths' conference and there hasn't been a word. They used to have BG1 speak and every day there was some type of report on how great the conference was the day before and how many people were at the altar. Now, I noticed that BG1 and son 2 have their own things going on and don't bother to come. Seems kind of odd for a nation wide conference. And these guys are on planes jetting all over the world so it is not that they or opposed to traveling or just want to be in their home church
I think the online college concept for laymen & preachers already in ministries is great. I think the concept for laymen, who want some formal training can get it without leaving home is also great. Not sure the current staff at Independent Baptist Online College are up to the task but that.s another topic.

I also respect they are not billing it as some college with a degree that one can use in the job market but as a place to get practical training. If the right teacher was teaching the right subject I would consiter taking a class or two. 

Ok, now we know after these many years that even though many of us are not involved in this particular church and school and only learn things through gossip; If you let old bg alone long enough he will get enough stuff off his chest that you will get a pretty good idea.

He has in the past couple of months, written articles about Reheboam and how the young people won't listen to the older ones any more.
He has written articles about just because I am older does that mean we are of no use.
Now he has written one on deacon run churches and how he was approached by a deacon board and told to stop a certain ministry that GOD told him to start! (just like moses) Let's see. He is no longer pastoring, so who could these deacons be and what could they tell him? Hmmmm.

BTW: In response to his article, the deacons are the ones who most likely have roots in a certain church. They have jobs, careers, families, etc. and get involved in church. A pastor comes in like a holy terror and claims that deacons are nothing more than waiters at tables and the mog should be in charge of everything. After the mog takes a church and splits it into 3 churches with a smidgin of the membership left, no money, discouragement, etc. he will be miraculously "called" to another church or into another type of ministry and the deacons are left to clean up his mess. If it can be cleaned up at all. Been through this crap!

I forgot to add his article on the proper treatment of predecessors.

BALAAM said:
Ok, now we know after these many years that even though many of us are not involved in this particular church and school and only learn things through gossip; If you let old bg alone long enough he will get enough stuff off his chest that you will get a pretty good idea.

He has in the past couple of months, written articles about Reheboam and how the young people won't listen to the older ones any more.
He has written articles about just because I am older does that mean we are of no use.
Now he has written one on deacon run churches and how he was approached by a deacon board and told to stop a certain ministry that GOD told him to start! (just like moses) Let's see. He is no longer pastoring, so who could these deacons be and what could they tell him? Hmmmm.

BTW: In response to his article, the deacons are the ones who most likely have roots in a certain church. They have jobs, careers, families, etc. and get involved in church. A pastor comes in like a holy terror and claims that deacons are nothing more than waiters at tables and the mog should be in charge of everything. After the mog takes a church and splits it into 3 churches with a smidgin of the membership left, no money, discouragement, etc. he will be miraculously "called" to another church or into another type of ministry and the deacons are left to clean up his mess. If it can be cleaned up at all. Been through this crap!

Reminds me of how Bro. Hyles came to FBCH and split it in two and it just keeps on splitting.

So typical of the MOG Moses model pastor who blames it all on God's "word of knowledge", that only he can hear from God.

No, there has definitely been a rift! Old BG can't help but wear his feelings on his sleeve and rip on anyone who dares disagree with him because he is a mog! He has been spouting articles on social media for the past several months and a deacon from Longview finally answered him and made it quite clear that even though bob thinks he is God's right hand man, they tend to disagree.

So, here it is three months later. Domelle writes an article about how terrible it is to ever sue a church. I thought nothing strange about it. Now, BG comes out with an article about defending your friends (of course he means himself) and how he had been accused of taking a church to court. Yes, I would say there is a rift here.

BALAAM said:
So, here it is three months later. Domelle writes an article about how terrible it is to ever sue a church. I thought nothing strange about it. Now, BG comes out with an article about defending your friends (of course he means himself) and how he had been accused of taking a church to court. Yes, I would say there is a rift here.

Heh, so this is (at present) a blog war?

I'm sorry for the people who go to Longview, but, as far as I can tell, the two Grays deserve each other; I have little respect for BG, Jr, and no respect for BG, Sr.

Walt said:
BALAAM said:

Heh, so this is (at present) a blog war?

I'm sorry for the people who go to Longview, but, as far as I can tell, the two Grays deserve each other; I have little respect for BG, Jr, and no respect for BG, Sr.

Not really because they don't directly mention one another. But, I think from the articles we can conclude they are talking about each other. And yes, I also feel sorry for anyone who goes to LBT. I never liked the idea of secondary separation but I would have a difficult time going to any church who has BG senior in to preach.

OK;today 9/15/16 old Allen Domelle writes an article about  how the old folks don't listen and respect them and want admiration just because thery are older. Has absolutely got to do with BG! You can't tell me that nothing is amiss there!