Robbing Churches

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
It is a pity that the average "preacher" only recognizes the word "robbed" in Mal 3 in their KJV.

It would do them good to pay attention to another verse.

2Co_11:8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.

Stop. Read it again......

At least Paul was honest. Paul was saying that he literally took money from other people and used it to deal with those at Corinth. HE called it "robbery"......

The average "preacher" running across America is often doing the same thing. Whether its a podcast or a "revival meeting". They've got enough spare time to get in a little "moonlighting" on the side.

It is a pity that the average "preacher" only recognizes the word "robbed" in Mal 3 in their KJV.

It would do them good to pay attention to another verse.

2Co_11:8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.

Stop. Read it again......

At least Paul was honest. Paul was saying that he literally took money from other people and used it to deal with those at Corinth. HE called it "robbery"......

The average "preacher" running across America is often doing the same thing. Whether its a podcast or a "revival meeting". They've got enough spare time to get in a little "moonlighting" on the side.
If you actually believe what you just wrote you are really a fool period and I don't say those words lightly nor just as a pejorative. That passage is actually sarcasm from Paul dealing with sniping critical people, so much like you, who question whether he should take money or not.

If you actually believe what you just wrote you are really a fool period and I don't say those words lightly nor just as a pejorative. That passage is actually sarcasm from Paul dealing with sniping critical people, so much like you, who question whether he should take money or not.

So you enjoy calling a believer in Jesus Christ a fool?

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Jesus didn't say this "lightly nor just as a pejorative"......

Retract your claims. I openly confess Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. Lover of my soul. My friend. My Redeemer. The only WAY to heaven.

Last edited:
At least Paul mentioned about 10 times in chapters 11 and 12 that he was speaking as though a fool and a madman. And you, being irony-impaired, took him literally.

I've said this more than once around here and you follow another's lead?

He called it "folly" but it was the Truth. The "folly" was him needing to appeal to his position and efforts among them.

I imagine you'll say the same concerning ... 2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Even Gill witnesses the seriousness of what Paul said. Gill simply attributes to take money from the rich churches to do the poor churches service. Thus, there is no injury. There are plenty more that take the same approach to explain it away.

The fact remains, he took money from others to do them service. In which, he was honest in doing just that. He certain wasn't "boasting" as a "fool" would.

The fact remains, he took money from others to do them service. In which, he was honest in doing just that. He certain wasn't "boasting" as a "fool" would.
Ah, so it wasn't literally thievery then. Understood. [rolls eyes]

How do we know you're a believer in Jesus Christ? On your own authority?

Again. Deceptively quoting what I said. If you include it all, you will see that I confess I openly confess Jesus Christ as my Lord.

I know you've never cared if someone has done that or not, but it should make a difference.

Ah, so it wasn't literally thievery then. Understood. [rolls eyes]

I never said literal "THIEVERY". Those are your words. Not mine. I said exactly what HE SAID.

If you're going to quote me, quit lying about what I said.

I see I've made you mad so you're going to follow me around for a while. Good.

So you enjoy calling a believer in Jesus Christ a fool?

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Jesus didn't say this "lightly nor just as a pejorative"......

Retract your claims. I openly confess Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. Lover of my soul. My friend. My Redeemer. The only WAY to heaven.
Don't misquote me, or mischaracterize what I said. I said if, notice the word if, and that word means exactly what it sounds like. What you quoted and claimed for support means exactly the opposite of what you intended. It goes to show your carelessness with the word. It undermines your credibility when you try to teach others and do such shenanigans with the word.

Last edited:
Don't misquote me, or mischaracterize what I said. I said if, notice the word if, and that word means exactly what it sounds like. What you quoted and claimed for support means exactly the opposite of what you intended. It goes to show your carelessness with the word. It undermines your credibility when you try to teach others and do such shenanigans with the word.

I quoted every word you said. I took you at your word. I believe what I wrote and you called me a fool. That is what you said. It is right there for everyone to see.

Are you taking wages of anyone and doing service to someone else?

I quoted every word you said. I took you at your word. I believe what I wrote and you called me a fool. That is what you said. It is right there for everyone to see.

To call you a fool would be to denigrate fools.

To call you a fool would be to denigrate fools.

So you don't believe what Jesus said? I didn't think you did. He's not as important to you as your friends. You can't live in both worlds and find success with Jesus.

You missed the point rather obtusely again. The passage you quoted is doing the exact opposite of what you intended it to do. Paul is using sarcasm and absurdity to illustrate the folly of those challenging his authority and right to earn a salary by preaching the gospel.

And to your misdirected point about me. I'm a chemist and have been for over three decades. Nothing has changed.

You missed the point rather obtusely again. The passage you quoted is doing the exact opposite of what you intended it to do. Paul is using sarcasm and absurdity to illustrate the folly of those challenging his authority and right to earn a salary by preaching the gospel.

Ridiculous. He never asked for salary. Other volunteered money to him that he did not demand. He used that money to help others. Which is exactly what he referenced.

And to your misdirected point about me. I'm a chemist and have been for over three decades. Nothing has changed.

No Gideon work? Is that misdirection from you?

How about the part concerning me being a fool? You care to elaborate on how you love Jesus and dislike His own?

Ok, 1 Cor 14:38

back at you.

Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

You really enjoy using that don't you. Over and over again. Time and time again. Why not just answer the question? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. You have been a Gideon. My memory is bad at times but not too bad.

You really enjoy using that don't you. Over and over again. Time and time again. Why not just answer the question? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. You have been a Gideon. My memory is bad at times but not too bad.

Would you be willing to deposit a large sum of money into my PayPal account if you are wrong? More importantly, would you actually be able to admit it if you were proven wrong? Or is Arthur Fonzarelli your hero?😉

Would you be willing to deposit a large sum of money into my PayPal account if you are wrong? More importantly, would you actually be able to admit it if you were proven wrong? Or is Arthur Fonzarelli your hero?😉
Well if you aren't one then you really must have really wanted to be or your brother was one or your a secret "thought" Gideon. I think we know someone of Treasure's immense intellect must know more about you than you do.