Ruckman - Abortion is Not Murder

illinoisguy

Elect
Reaction score
Peter Ruckman on abortion: "I don't teach that abortion is murder, like the brethren do.
"You don't want to get hung up on those things. Some of the brethren get so hung up on this thing, 'abortion is murder, abortion is murder', they show you pictures. Well they're trying to prove, they're trying to prove the thing looks like a person that is a person. That's what Darwin taught. You gotta watch that business. You can take an embryo of an animal and prove it looks like an embryo of a person. That doesn't make it a person. You gotta watch that business. You go around start prove that thing is a person before that thing is born, then you got that matter of salvation. And the first thing you know you'll be up there at the Catholic hospital dumpin' water on them so they don't go to limbo. You gotta watch that kind of stuff. Now I'll grant you the child is an organism, I'll grant you that. But they're a lot of organisms. I'll grant you the child may be alive in the sense of animal life, I'll grant you that. I'll grant you it's an embryo, I'll grant you that. But if you talking about a living soul see, I read my bible there's no living soul till the Lord breathed in his nostrils the breath of life."

More from Ruckman: "'If men strive, and hurt a woman with child…he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow…' (vss. 22, 23). Advocates of birth control will notice that the destruction of a child in the fetal or embryonic stage is NOT counted as Murder in spite of the literature published between 1960 and 1970 by overzealous Kingdom builders who habitually ignore the authority of scriptures when dealing with personal and emotional issues." (Ruckman, Peter. The Book of Exodus. 1976, p. 398)

More: "I do not teach that abortion is murder, although I grant that a Fundamentalist can teach that if he wants. I don’t teach it for two reasons. In the first place, the clear scriptures in Genesis 2, as well as Job 30, 31, and Ezekiel 37, teach that there is no life in the human sense until there is breath". (Ruckman, Peter. Bible Believers’ Bulletin. October 1990, p. 9)

More: The note at Psalm 139:15 in the Ruckman Reference Bible: "Verses 13-16 are used by "pro-life Christians" (anti-abortionists) to prove that abortion is murder. The only way they can get that interpretation, though, is to ignore or alter this verse. Many expositors will make the expression 'the lowest parts of the earth' a figurative reference to the 'womb' (vs. 13). But the phrase has nothing to do with any woman's womb in Psalm 63:9; Isaiah 44:23; or Ephesians 4:9. Typical Laodicean, apostate scholarship–changing what God said to prove what you want the Scriptures to say. The reference is obviously to the creation of Adam (see note on Gen. 2:12)."

When we all obey the "decree" to "submit" to Ruckman, is this what we will be expected to believe?

Too bad Ruckman's mother didn't believe in abortion. :)