Rush raises a few million to fight blood cancer.

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
His annual radio-thon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
https://www.radiothon.org/rush/

Last year he raised millions. This is a cause near to my heart, as it has afflicted more than a few in our church family.

Baptist City Holdout said:
Izdaari said:
Since you say "he" and not they, I assume it was Rush Limbaugh, not Rush the Canadian rock band.

Extremely correct in that assumption!

That said, the Canadian rock band did raise a sizeable sum for the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in Toronto last year while on tour. Neil Peart lost his first wife to cancer in 1998.

Ransom said:
Izdaari said:
Since you say "he" and not they, I assume it was Rush Limbaugh, not Rush the Canadian rock band.

That said, the Canadian rock band did raise a sizeable sum for the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in Toronto last year while on tour. Neil Peart lost his first wife to cancer in 1998.

Good for them.
And I would assume they donated some of their own money to the cause as well.
Many times liberals only give their time and other peoples tax money to causes they support.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Good for them.

The particular thing I was thinking of was a public fundraising effort, in which they auctioned off some memorabilia and also raised money from fans by selling photographs behind one of Peart's drum kits. I would also assume they donate privately as well, but that's their business.

Many times liberals only give their time and other peoples tax money to causes they support.

I don't think Rush can be pigeonholed like that. They haven't been overtly political.

Ransom said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Good for them.

The particular thing I was thinking of was a public fundraising effort, in which they auctioned off some memorabilia and also raised money from fans by selling photographs behind one of Peart's drum kits. I would also assume they donate privately as well, but that's their business.

I don't think Rush can be pigeonholed like that. They haven't been overtly political.

In that case, I'd say that they did give of their own assets for the cause.
I may go to iTunes and buy one of their albums....never listened to them before.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Ransom said:
Izdaari said:

Good for them.

Rush is one band that is NOT liberal. Many, if not most of their songs have pro-capitalist, libertarian or individualist themes. Neal Peart in particular is said to be somewhat a devotee of Ayn Rand. Their song, "The Trees" is a direct frontal assault on the progressive version of equality.