Sad time at HAC

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
We have a young man from our church that is a freshman at HAC.  He was home over the weekend and I called him a "stinkin' Hacker".  He looked at me strangely.  I asked him if he ever heard that word at HAC and he said, "no".  Oh how modern day HAC students have departed from the faith.   

RAIDER said:
We have a young man from our church that is a freshman at HAC.  He was home over the weekend and I called him a "stinkin' Hacker".  He looked at me strangely.  I asked him if he ever heard that word at HAC and he said, "no".  Oh how modern day HAC students have departed from the faith. 

I sit in stunned silence that such a thing could happen in my lifetime. There are people still alive who knew HACkers like Don and Ralph and Mark and  Steve and Dave................ The list could go on. How did this happen yet so quickly. Many times while expounding all things HACker I have been able to discourse an entire treatise on the matter. This sad time at HAC robs the gift of oratory from my binaca stained tongue. I have no ability to expound. There are no metaphors to announce. What has happened and why? Even the warning system for misspelled words wants me to change binaca to cabin. How have we sunk to such depths? I deplore the stagnant condition of HACkerness. I will now find a Shakey's and gouge my pie whole.

Baptist City Holdout said:
I sit in stunned silence that such a thing could happen in my lifetime. There are people still alive who knew HACkers like Don and Ralph and Mark and  Steve and Dave................ The list could go on. How did this happen yet so quickly. Many times while expounding all things HACker I have been able to discourse an entire treatise on the matter. This sad time at HAC robs the gift of oratory from my binaca stained tongue. I have no ability to expound. There are no metaphors to announce. What has happened and why? Even the warning system for misspelled words wants me to change binaca to cabin. How have we sunk to such depths? I deplore the stagnant condition of HACkerness. I will now find a Shakey's and gouge my pie whole.

This is the kind of post that will change a college!

The young HAC students laugh while the old Hackers weep.

My generation didn't go through the fire of possible expulsion to sit back and let this generation allow the flame to be extinguished!!

Thirty seven years ago we payed the price to get the following rule in the HAC rule book:

"Any student found using the word 'Hacker' will face possible expulsion."

They tell me that late at night you can hear voices from the tunnels whispering, "Hacker.....Hacker.......stinkin' Hacker".

RAIDER said:

Does he know who Jack Hyles was?

Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

Does he know what a real HACker Raider is?

fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

Do any of us know that?  It will take a lifetime of research to define/explain the true HACkerness of RAIDER.

Shall we wax philosophical for a moment dear brethren and cisterns? Not only do we ask if these poor children know what a HACker is, we must ask, if there aer still HACkers, do they know that they are HACkers? Can one be a HACker without realizing it.

Baptist City Holdout said:
Ten Years of YMBAH threads and this is what we have to show for it!

Conviction is falling!

When at HAC I worked at the same place as another HACker who gave me a lift home from work 1 night. We were 3 or 4 blocks from my place when a car full of local teens pulled up in the lane next to my side of the car & yelled, "Hey you brick-ity-back-pack-of-lomer-HACKERS!" (That was what JH would say when telling about someone cussing.)

They thought cussing would get us mad. I waved like at them like R ichard S immons would & THAT got them mad. I told my driver to speed up the the stop sign, turn as fast as he could, pull into the parking lot next to my apartment building & slam on the brakes. We both jumped out of the car & ran toward their car which of course had followed right behind us.

Those kids eyes nearly popped out of their heads & their driver laid rubber in reverse while getting out of there............we stood there laughing.

I told all that to agree that Raider poor friend never had a HACker story to tell.

fishinnut said:
When at HAC I worked at the same place as another HACker who gave me a lift home from work 1 night. We were 3 or 4 blocks from my place when a car full of local teens pulled up in the lane next to my side of the car & yelled, "Hey you brick-ity-back-pack-of-lomer-HACKERS!" (That was what JH would say when telling about someone cussing.)

They thought cussing would get us mad. I waved like at them like R ichard S immons would & THAT got them mad. I told my driver to speed up the the stop sign, turn as fast as he could, pull into the parking lot next to my apartment building & slam on the brakes. We both jumped out of the car & ran toward their car which of course had followed right behind us.

Those kids eyes nearly popped out of their heads & their driver laid rubber in reverse while getting out of there............we stood there laughing.

I told all that to agree that Raider poor friend never had a HACker story to tell.

I think this new generation need some persecution like this to take them back to their roots.

Twisted said:
fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

Do any of us know that?  It will take a lifetime of research to define/explain the true HACkerness of RAIDER.

Those of us who know him ... know.  :)