SB 1146

TheRealJonStewart

Elect
Reaction score
If you are from California, you probably heard about SB 1146.

https://wcbc.edu/oppose-sb-1146

What is interesting to me is why WCBC would take a strong stance on this particular legislation. It won't even affect WCBC ... with one exception... if WCBC seeks to expand their academic base to involve other degrees outside of ministerial. This bill supposedly threatens religious liberties but if you carefully read the bill it is more on the basis of transparency, which I do not oppose necessarily. I understand the opposing argument of government overreach though.

I just find it interesting WCBC is taking this case seriously when at the moment it would not even affect them... the other university that is taking a very strong stance on this is BIOLA university which is completely understandable.

Of course they should oppose it.  Whether it affects them today or not.

Now, I'll give a giant "no-prize" to the first one who tells me what BIOLA stands for WITHOUT looking it up.

Then another giant "no-prize" to the one who can tell me who is famous for giving a giant "no-prize".

Agree with Twisted.  If you don't attack it now (even though it may not affect you), you can be sure it will be harder to deal with in the future once it has a foothold.

TheRealJonStewart said:
You guys should read the now amend bill, I don't see what is wrong with the bill now.

Do you have a link?

Twisted said:
Now, I'll give a giant "no-prize" to the first one who tells me what BIOLA stands for WITHOUT looking it up.

Then another giant "no-prize" to the one who can tell me who is famous for giving a giant "no-prize".
Didn't have to look it up- Bible Institute of Los Angeles. 
I win the first "no-prize" but lose the second as I haven't heard the term before you stole it, uh, quoted it.

JrChurch said:
Twisted said:

Didn't have to look it up- Bible Institute of Los Angeles. 
I win the first "no-prize" but lose the second as I haven't heard the term before you stole it, uh, quoted it.

I have emailed you your very own giant "no-prize".  Enjoy!

Stan Lee is famous for using that term.