Serious question about Pastors School

Norefund

Elect
Reaction score
Why did FBC continue having Pastors School under Jack Schaap. My understanding is that Pastors School came about because so many pastors were asking to be taught the Jack Hyles method of building a church. So rather than teach them one at a time, he started pastors school to teach them all at once.

So, what did Jack Schaap teach? How to marry the pastor's daughter so that you can inherit a large church?

You call that a serious question?

Twisted said:

Yes. Why would anyone be interested in hearing the Jack Schaap method of church building? Maybe I am confused as to the purpose of Pastors School.

Norefund said:
Twisted said:

Yes. Why would anyone be interested in hearing the Jack Schaap method of church building? Maybe I am confused as to the purpose of Pastors School.

I am not going to defend Schaap and I have no idea what he did at his Pastors School, but I would *guess* the staff taught the same principles that Hyles taught.  Schaap, I'm sure, threw in some of his own thoughts, but did it really change overall from when Hyles ran it?

Twisted said:
Norefund said:
Twisted said:

I am not going to defend Schaap and I have no idea what he did at his Pastors School, but I would *guess* the staff taught the same principles that Hyles taught.  Schaap, I'm sure, threw in some of his own thoughts, but did it really change overall from when Hyles ran it?

At least there was more time given to be able to go to the rest room.

Baptist City Holdout said:
At least there was more time given to be able to go to the rest room.

It's all about priorities.

Twisted said:

A serious question would be how did Pastors School promote and expand the vital doctrine of KJVO?
Or why did FBH compromise by putting screens in their auditorium?
Or why did Dr Hyles put a picuure in the middle of a door in his office?
Or who put the bop in the bop she-bop, bop, sha- bop?

Truthfully, Pastors School probably did help many Pastors and churches....Dr Hyles methods and his relationship skills (with his FBH people) helped me tremendously as a young 30 something Pastor. I attended Pastors School and was turned off by the man worship and cheesiness. But I read and listened to Hyles and was able to spit out the bones and eat the meat....and I was better for it.

An even more serious question is:
Why did I one year at Pastor's School, in spite of every thing I heard and remembered, insist on eating at White Castle restaurant, and got sick for my stupidity? 
Why? :mad:

And an even more serious question than the last one:
Why did I ever darken the door of FBC/Pastor's School again after Schaap preached the highly heretical: "For Christ's Sake?" back in 2007 (I think that was the year)?
Stupid stupid stupid... :mad: :mad:

On the next edition of Dr. Phil....

16KJV11 said:
Why did I one year at Pastor's School, in spite of every thing I heard and remembered, insist on eating at White Castle restaurant, and got sick for my stupidity? 

16KJV11 said:
Why did I ever darken the door of FBC/Pastor's School again after Schaap preached the highly heretical: "For Christ's Sake?" back in 2007 (I think that was the year)?

Twisted said:

16KJV11 said:

16KJV11 said:
At least it was rejected by Jerry Springer. :-X

16KJV11 said:

I hear this message was very bad, can someone sum it up?

16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:

16KJV11 said:

16KJV11 said:
At least it was rejected by Jerry Springer. :-X

True.  But be prepared to be a guest star on Roseanne.

I would also like a summary.

TheRealJonStewart said:
16KJV11 said:

I hear this message was very bad, can someone sum it up?