Short Announcement

Thomas Cassidy

Elect
Reaction score
I guess it is time to go public with the following announcement.

I have been feeling bad for the past month so I went to the doctor who ordered multiple tests. (I have lost 30 pounds in the past month without dieting.)

On Friday I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Pancreatic Cancer. When discovered it had already spread to my lymphatic system.

The prognoses is not good. Depending on the course of treatment we agree on and how well I respond to that course of treatment it looks like anywhere from 3 months to 8 months.

My family has been notified, as has my church leadership who also announced it from the pulpit this morning.

Now it is time to let my Fundamental Forums family know. We covet your prayers and good thoughts.

I will keep this updated as long as I am able.

Thank you and God bless.

So sorry to hear this.  Are you in any pain?

Thomas I really cherished your prayers as I went through my cancer treatment recently. As you go through your treatments, I pray that your doctors will have uncommon wisdom and your family uncommon peace!

Twisted said:
So sorry to hear this.  Are you in any pain?
Oh, yes. Pancreatic cancer is very, very painful. I am living on hydrocodone (synthetic heroin). I asked if it was addicting. They said, yes, so what? :D