Shriner's Hospitals

Jubal Sackett

Elect
Reaction score
Let me preface by stating that I am not a Mason nor am I a Shriner. I do count several Masons and Shriners among my dear friends and business associates. I have nothing against either organization and know of at least two severely injured children that Shriner's Hospital in Lexington, KY has treated and continues to treat at no charge to their families.  Both children have received hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of treatment that has made a major difference in their lives. Given the fundie position that all fraternal organizations from the Masons to the League of Women Voters are of the devil, what are your positions regarding the Shriner's Hospitals? Would you encourage a family to accept treatment for their child if that treatment would make the difference in that child's healing. What if that child was your child and your pastor was shouting no from the pulpit.

Jubal Sackett

If my child was deathly ill and I thought it would help I'd take help from Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun and Adolph Hitler all at once. 

I have no issue taking my child to Shriners. We were just there and always felt more welcome than any IFB church, and genuine people there.

The same folks that would cast judgement against a place like that had no issue with Schaap anointing their loved one with oil, even up to his last days.

Most IFB's would take their child to any good hospital for treatment, whether it be Shriners, St. Mary's Catholic or Allah's Hosp----oh, wait, there aren't any of those.