Shunned by Vineyard....?

C

Cleardiamond

It's interesting to know that there are Pastors that *want* to receive JAVs email letters. One such pastor in the area found himself removed from the email list. He seemed disappointed, and asked a member at his church to forward any of JAVs ramblings. Interesting to note that this church member -a former member of WH, from years ago- has found himself the recipient of such emails. Oh yes, that's right this member has sent monetary donations to WH. Money talks...loudly.

Back in the 90's, and I am sure still today, that email list was huge!!!  It is like getting your name on a sales call list.  Good luck getting it off.

Now as for the subjet line of the thread, Shunned by VIneyard

Shunning is one of the more powerfull tools control freak pastors use on their congregation.  Jim Vineyard was a master of it and it was and probably still is alive and well at WHBC.

In hind sight, I consider it a badge of honor to be put up there as one to be shunned by Vineyard and the gang

Just me said:
Now as for the subjet line of the thread, Shunned by VIneyard

Shunning is one of the more powerfull tools control freak pastors use on their congregation.  Jim Vineyard was a master of it and it was and probably still is alive and well at WHBC.

In hind sight, I consider it a badge of honor to be put up there as one to be shunned by Vineyard and the gang

I wonder if they will ever realize that when people leave up there they actually prefer to be shunned and not have anything to do with them anymore.

It is actually a blessing for former members to be shunned, no pastor coming around weekly trying to get you to come back.

Vineyard sure shunned THE Jesse Jackson (Stone) when he made his final appearance at WHBC in December 2009. Ross to make excuses as Jesse left OBC to attend Oklahoma Christian (Church of Christ) up in Edmond. Jesse is now a professional bodybuilder and will never come to peace with Tommy V or his former partnas Caleb Garraway and Michael Shaver.