Singing Groups

JustABigKid

Elect
Reaction score
A new page on facebook has popped up for the OBC Melodies. It looks like there are only 4 singers which probably means 1 plays the piano and the other 3 sing unless like the choir one of the church members goes along with to play for them. Which is kind of sad cause I remember always seeing a group of 6-7 with plenty in the wings.

However, I do not see anywhere anything about the guys group?

Are there so few guys that a group could not be formed? Or is it just that most of them like myself are not good enough singers to form a group?

JustABigKid said:
A new page on facebook has popped up for the OBC Melodies. It looks like there are only 4 singers which probably means 1 plays the piano and the other 3 sing unless like the choir one of the church members goes along with to play for them. Which is kind of sad cause I remember always seeing a group of 6-7 with plenty in the wings.

However, I do not see anywhere anything about the guys group?

Are there so few guys that a group could not be formed? Or is it just that most of them like myself are not good enough singers to form a group?

As to the Melodies it is most likely a financial thing. They cannot afford more then the 4 young ladies.  It is an expensive burden on the college to travel all Summer and the offerings they receive typically do not cover the costs. 

But then again it can be an enrollment issue for the college.  They did just have pretty near half the student body graduate tonight.  Ten young ladies and two young men.  So maybe only 4 are left to be a Melody??

As for the Ambassadors, maybe there will not be any this year.  Not very many young men enrolled in the college right now.

So I have seen a ladies group out. They were not too far from us recently. I, however, still have heard nothing on a guy's group?

Word is that Oklahoma Baptist College does not have enough students to field the Ambassadors

This may be the greatest version of the OBC Melodies and Ambassadors when they had future World Famous Evangelist Caleb Garraway and future World Famous Bodybuilder THE Jesse Jackson.OBC.jpg