So Quiet And Lonely

subllibrm

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Not a thing about them in this forum.

I drive by this place many times a summer.

Felt bad that they are totally ignored here.

Thought they should have at least one post.

My work here is done.

I don't believe much of anything is going on there.
It is very sparsely populated and is more wilderness than civilization.
There are so few people in the area that's why.
Driving through that town you might think the rapture had already taken place.
Think of it as a mission project.
They are trying.
It's a good place to practice missions methods for use on the North Slopes of Alaska.

There is a great coffee shop near them at I75 (Biggbys). When we are in that area, we go to the Evangelical Free church, about 4 miles east of them.

FSSL said:
There is a great coffee shop near them at I75 (Biggbys). When we are in that area, we go to the Evangelical Free church, about 4 miles east of them.

One of my best friends and his family are a members at EV Free. I know quite a few people there.

When we "go to town" it is usually to Gaylord (half the time/distance of a trip into TC). My wife loves to go to Gobblers for lunch. When is a turkey dinner ever a bad idea? I make my semi regular stops into Jay's Sporting Goods to wish and drool. The drive through the hills of Antrim county is always pretty.

I bumped into Grannylo in Gaylord last fall. When I introduced myself, I realized that my name here is unpronounceable!

To bgwilkinson's comment, I would hardly call it wilderness (even with Call of The Wild ;) ). Meijer, WalMart, Loews, Home Depot are all within a mile of Grace.

And try driving east into town on M32 at 10AM Saturday. If you think the rapture happened they all must have landed in Gaylord.  :eek:

;D

FSSL said:
Right off the exit.  But if you drive another half mile, Tim Horton's is on the left.  Go the other way (East), and there is a Starbucks in the supermarket. 
That's what I hear , anyway.

;)

The city owns an elk herd as well. How many towns can make that claim?

We stay south of Gaylord at Beaver Creek RV resort.

subllibrm said:
FSSL said:

One of my best friends and his family are a members at EV Free. I know quite a few people there.

When we "go to town" it is usually to Gaylord (half the time/distance of a trip into TC). My wife loves to go to Gobblers for lunch. When is a turkey dinner ever a bad idea? I make my semi regular stops into Jay's Sporting Goods to wish and drool. The drive through the hills of Antrim county is always pretty.

I bumped into Grannylo in Gaylord last fall. When I introduced myself, I realized that my name here is unpronounceable!

To bgwilkinson's comment, I would hardly call it wilderness (even with Call of The Wild ;) ). Meijer, WalMart, Loews, Home Depot are all within a mile of Grace.

And try driving east into town on M32 at 10AM Saturday. If you think the rapture happened they all must have landed in Gaylord.  :eek:

;D

Well you are right it is not a wilderness, but compared to the Chicago area it is. I have driven from one end of that town to the other and observed no more than 20 cars on the road all the way through town, I am accustom to seeing hundreds of cars. Seeing Home Depot, Meijer, Walmart and the like are of course very comforting.  :) :) :) :) :)

bgwilkinson said:
I don't believe much of anything is going on there.
It is very sparsely populated and is more wilderness than civilization.
There are so few people in the area that's why.
Driving through that town you might think the rapture had already taken place.
Think of it as a mission project.
They are trying.
It's a good place to practice missions methods for use on the North Slopes of Alaska.

Not sure when you were there but if you think Gaylord is deserted and nothing going on at Grace I would hate to see what you think of my metropolis 45 minutes away.

bgwilkinson said:
subllibrm said:
FSSL said:

;D

Well you are right it is not a wilderness, but compared to the Chicago area it is. I have driven from one end of that town to the other and observed no more than 20 cars on the road all the way through town, I am accustom to seeing hundreds of cars. Seeing Home Depot, Meijer, Walmart and the like are of course very comforting.  :) :) :) :) :)

IDK there seems to plenty of wildlife on the Dan Ryan!  ;D

subllibrm said:
Not a thing about them in this forum.

I drive by this place many times a summer.

Felt bad that they are totally ignored here.

Thought they should have at least one post.

My work here is done.

I was not dead this weekend. Lot of decisions made & we had a lot of fun.

It was well worth the drive.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/teenspec15?src=hash

subllibrm said:
FSSL said:

I know that this is a few years ago; I miss her posting - how as she doing then?

Bump!

Grannylo has since moved to Ohio. Her and Pulpitteer have split up. No idea what happened to him since.