So, what's the story behind your name?

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Hopefully we will have new people joining the new FFF on a regular basis.  Each of us create our own forum name.  So, what is the story behind your name?

I chose RAIDER because I am an Oakland Raider fan.  I chose all capital letters because it drives Teri in NC crazy.

IFB X-Files said:
RAIDER said:
Hopefully we will have new people joining the new FFF on a regular basis.  Each of us create our own forum name.  So, what is the story behind your name?

Getting a little desperate, aren't we?

Actually, no.  We started this thread on the old FFF and got some pretty creative and interesting responses.  Behind every name is a story!

aleshanee said:
i;m also an oakland raider fan!... 8) ... . been one since i was old enough to see sporting events on tv and recognize the difference between a football game and everything else....  :D....

but my forum name is my real middle name.. . aleshanee.. .. i was born at my grandmothers house on the navajo reservation in arizona... she not only named me but also took care of me for the first 2 years of my life.... . .. sadly i don;t rmember much of that... i wish i did...  :-\... . but the earliest thing i can rmember clearly is living in the los angeles barrio with my mom .. who was also an oakland raider fan.... ...  :)

aleshanee is a native american name and means.. "she plays all the time"... i think it was something my grandmother was hoping for with me, rather than identifying a natural trait...  but it turned out to be a fitting name anyway....  .. also.. .  all the letters required to spell my first name are contained in my middle name....  not all the letters in my middle name are required but none of them have to be used twice.. . .. i don;t know if she intended that way or if it was just a coincidence...  but i always thought it was pretty kewl.. .  8)

Now this is the kind of stuff I'm talkin' about!  Go Raiders!!

RAIDER said:

I have been given a lot of nicknames throughout my life. Boomer is the most common among them. It is a play on my last name.

Boomer said:
RAIDER said:

I have been given a lot of nicknames throughout my life. Boomer is the most common among them. It is a play on my last name.

I thought maybe you were a Bengals fan.  :)

Baptist City Holdout - Except for some partial summers, and in spite of most of the time I had no car, Baptist City was my living quarters.  Placed there on opening day '81, but did every thing I could to stay there. It was the place to get away from the rat race! It was great being neighbors with the Morales' and Carpenters. 

Someone was arguing vehemently with JR Rice once about the authenticity of the Bible. He said, "You really mean to tell me that you believe a dumb ass literally spoke?"

Old Dr. Rice looked at him and said, "Yes. As a matter of fact I have been addressed in that fashion on several occasions."

I chose BALAAM because I speak with a lot of as-es!

aleshanee said:
i;m also an oakland raider fan!... 8) ... . been one since i was old enough to see sporting events on tv and recognize the difference between a football game and everything else....  :D....

but my forum name is my real middle name.. . aleshanee.. .. i was born at my grandmothers house on the navajo reservation in arizona... she not only named me but also took care of me for the first 2 years of my life.... . .. sadly i don;t rmember much of that... i wish i did...  :-\... . but the earliest thing i can rmember clearly is living in the los angeles barrio with my mom .. who was also an oakland raider fan.... ...  :)

aleshanee is a native american name and means.. "she plays all the time"... i think it was something my grandmother was hoping for with me, rather than identifying a natural trait...  but it turned out to be a fitting name anyway....  .. also.. .  all the letters required to spell my first name are contained in my middle name....  not all the letters in my middle name are required but none of them have to be used twice.. . .. i don;t know if she intended that way or if it was just a coincidence...  but i always thought it was pretty kewl.. .  8)

Yours is definitely the best name and story I have seen.

Mine is a shortened reference to Bit Torrent version 2.

BitTorrent is a protocol that supports the practice of peer-to-peer file sharing and is used for distributing large amounts of data over the Internet. BitTorrent is one of the most common protocols for transferring large files and peer-to-peer networks have been estimated to collectively account for approximately 43% to 70% of all Internet traffic (depending on geographical location) as of February 2009[update].[1] In November of 2004 BitTorrent was responsible for 35% of all Internet traffic
Programmer Bram Cohen designed the protocol in April 2001 and released the first available version on July 2, 2001.[3] Currently, numerous BitTorrent clients are available for a variety of computing platforms,[4] including an official one released by Bittorrent, Inc.

As of 9 January 2012 (2012-01-09)[update], BitTorrent is utilized by 150 million active users (according to BitTorrent, Inc.). Based on this figure, the total number of monthly BitTorrent users can be estimated at more than a quarter of a billion.[5] At any given instant, BitTorrent has, on average, more active users than YouTube and Facebook combined (this refers to the number of active users at any instant and not to the total number of unique users).

I could be dishonest and tell you my name is short for "love never fails", but instead, I'll be honest and admit that I simply used my initials.    ::)

Torrent v.2 said:
aleshanee said:

but my forum name is my real middle name.. . aleshanee.. .. i was born at my grandmothers house on the navajo reservation in arizona... she not only named me but also took care of me for the first 2 years of my life.... . .. sadly i don;t rmember much of that... i wish i did...  :-... . but the earliest thing i can rmember clearly is living in the los angeles barrio with my mom .. who was also an oakland raider fan.... ...  :)

BitTorrent is a protocol that supports the practice of peer-to-peer file sharing and is used for distributing large amounts of data over the Internet. BitTorrent is one of the most common protocols for transferring large files and peer-to-peer networks have been estimated to collectively account for approximately 43% to 70% of all Internet traffic (depending on geographical location) as of February 2009[update].[1] In November of 2004 BitTorrent was responsible for 35% of all Internet traffic
Programmer Bram Cohen designed the protocol in April 2001 and released the first available version on July 2, 2001.[3] Currently, numerous BitTorrent clients are available for a variety of computing platforms,[4] including an official one released by Bittorrent, Inc.

As of 9 January 2012 (2012-01-09)[update], BitTorrent is utilized by 150 million active users (according to BitTorrent, Inc.). Based on this figure, the total number of monthly BitTorrent users can be estimated at more than a quarter of a billion.[5] At any given instant, BitTorrent has, on average, more active users than YouTube and Facebook combined (this refers to the number of active users at any instant and not to the total number of unique users).
We've all 'file-shared' some file(movie) using bitorrent, duh!

Anishinabe

ivannette said:
the story behind my name is   

i am the sister of invictus

l o l    please do not judge me by that  :)
Where is he hiding?  I love that guy!

Anishinabe

'prophet'  comes from ICor. 14:5  'but rather that ye prophesy'.  The most desired gift of the Spirit...to speak the Word of God.

Anishinabe

ivannette said:

on the old fff he was a dear friend.............I miss him being here he needs to come over and visit....I never knew you were his sister...Welcome!!

I posted on the old fff under another name. I am from Tennessee so the name made sense.

Torrent v.2 said:
aleshanee said:

Torrent, I love ya, bro, but have you ever thought of appearing on an episode of The Big Bang Theory?  :)

ivannette said:

Soooooooo, how do we know you aren't Invictus.  He did have a sock puppet on the old FFF.

the story behind my name??..... I hope that Dunkin' Donuts never goes out of business!!!! I love it! coffee, donuts, bagels, bacon egg and cheese wraps.... It's all good:)