Some of us are working during this.

brianb

Elect
Reaction score
I work in a mall and it's just so lonely and there's very little to do. I'm using to seeing more people in that setting and am hoping the rain coming soon will bring more in. I was also looking forward to going to church but that's being canceled. There's just online church (that's from other churches). We really need to pray that this stops spreading and that a treatment or treatments can be found that can be used safely like this malaria drug or whatever it may be. A vaccine would be great too but we know many don't take vaccines or don't early enough and get sick otherwise (and die especially the elderly).

It's ironic that in a day when instant contact with thousands upon thousands of people can be made by a click or swipe and so many "friends" are virtually all around us that the centrality of the human touch is come immediately and explicitly to the fore.

I work in a mall and it's just so lonely and there's very little to do. I'm using to seeing more people in that setting and am hoping the rain coming soon will bring more in. I was also looking forward to going to church but that's being canceled. There's just online church (that's from other churches). We really need to pray that this stops spreading and that a treatment or treatments can be found that can be used safely like this malaria drug or whatever it may be. A vaccine would be great too but we know many don't take vaccines or don't early enough and get sick otherwise (and die especially the elderly).
Praise the Lord that you are still working. My son just got laid off on Friday.

Years from now people may laugh at the social distancing (6 feet or 2 meters where I live) like it's straight out of a comedy sketch but right now it's sad.

A vaccine would be great too but we know many don't take vaccines or don't early enough and get sick otherwise (and die especially the elderly).

Dear antivaxxer idiots: This is what happens when people aren't vaccinated against highly communicable, virulent diseases. Enjoy it. You're welcome.

Dear antivaxxer idiots: This is what happens when people aren't vaccinated against highly communicable, virulent diseases. Enjoy it. You're welcome.

Of course, isn't that a problem that takes care of itself over time?

I work the night shift at a hotel that is (for now) still operating. Sunday nights are usually the slowest night of the week, with no, or maybe 1 to 2 check-ins and just a call or two. However, every night this entire past week has been like a Sunday. From this past Sunday night thru Friday night, I checked in a total of one guest and probably answered less than a dozen calls. With Illinois' shelter-in-place mandate, even the locals who check-in for a "quickie" are staying home. LOL

While I am thankful for still having a job to go to, my eight hour shifts feel more like 16 hours. :eek: :D

I work the night shift at a hotel that is (for now) still operating. Sunday nights are usually the slowest night of the week, with no, or maybe 1 to 2 check-ins and just a call or two. However, every night this entire past week has been like a Sunday. From this past Sunday night thru Friday night, I checked in a total of one guest and probably answered less than a dozen calls. With Illinois' shelter-in-place mandate, even the locals who check-in for a "quickie" are staying home. LOL

While I am thankful for still having a job to go to, my eight hour shifts feel more like 16 hours. :eek: :D
Just be thankful you are working. 3.3 million Americans just filed for unemployment benefits and another 3 million are likely to file next month.
Sounds like a great time to read your Bible, pray, listen to preaching or good music with AirPods or just relax. Not sure what your job allows but just make the best of it. The medical workers and docs in New York, Ca, Wa, NJ, Mi and IL wish they had a few mins. to be board.

Just be thankful you are working. 3.3 million Americans just filed for unemployment benefits and another 3 million are likely to file next month.
Sounds like a great time to read your Bible, pray, listen to preaching or good music with AirPods or just relax. Not sure what your job allows but just make the best of it. The medical workers and docs in New York, Ca, Wa, NJ, Mi and IL wish they had a few mins. to be board.

Oh yes, I am very thankful for the hours I'm getting. I'd be up a creek otherwise.

I recently downloaded the Logos bible study app to the tablet I take to work, and learning all of its functions has kept me busy the past few nights. That is one sweet app.