Son of Ron Williams Says "Do Not Send Your Daughter to Hephzibah House"

The Underground Church

illinoisguy

Member
Registered
Joined
Jan 1, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
7
Points
18
https://www.drphil.com/videos/do-not-send-your-daughter-to-hephzibah-house-says-son-of-founder-and-director-speaking-out/

Hephzibah House is a home for wayward teen girls in Winona Lake, Indiana that is supported as a "mission" by many IFB churches.
 

Twisted

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
11,975
Reaction score
17
Points
38
illinoisguy said:
https://www.drphil.com/videos/do-not-send-your-daughter-to-hephzibah-house-says-son-of-founder-and-director-speaking-out/

Hephzibah House is a home for wayward teen girls in Winona Lake, Indiana that is supported as a "mission" by many IFB churches.
I wonder if any offer to hear the other side was made?
 

Tarheel Baptist

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
7,633
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Twisted said:
illinoisguy said:
https://www.drphil.com/videos/do-not-send-your-daughter-to-hephzibah-house-says-son-of-founder-and-director-speaking-out/

Hephzibah House is a home for wayward teen girls in Winona Lake, Indiana that is supported as a "mission" by many IFB churches.
I wonder if any offer to hear the other side was made?
You?d think the son of the Director and Founder of Hezbollah House was on them other side?.
We heard the horror stories from the victims on the other incarnation of the FFF.

Their stories, plus the directors son...maybe there?s a third or fourth side.
 

voicecrying

Member
Registered
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
83
Reaction score
11
Points
8
Age
51
Twisted said:
I wonder if any offer to hear the other side was made?
Yes, Ron declined to comment (color me shocked). Lucinda was also on there and was defending Ron and claiming the girls are all lying.
 

brianb

Member
Registered
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
964
Reaction score
8
Points
18
illinoisguy said:
https://www.drphil.com/videos/do-not-send-your-daughter-to-hephzibah-house-says-son-of-founder-and-director-speaking-out/

Hephzibah House is a home for wayward teen girls in Winona Lake, Indiana that is supported as a "mission" by many IFB churches.
I kind of watched this at work. How is this place still going? From what I could tell the message at the end of the show was if you're a parent make it really clear that you are against spanking (on their website however they say they don't spank - that could just be their official policy and there may be people who ignore the policy and do it any ways.  The problem could really be if they are spanked they are not believed by the higher-ups (it's like a prison or even a psychiatric hospital - and yes it doesn't just happen in religious places). You are not believed because of reputation or mental state)  Anyways since nothing seems to be done about this place I guess the best one could do is not send their daughter(s) to this place and hopefully a lot of people have seen this show (especially those who go to a bible-teaching church which is also a requirement unless prevented by work or illness for the custodial parent.  It looks like Ron is trying to cover up past abuse by saying their "is" no abuse at HH. There is a difference between is and was.  Of course even if there is abuse it's covered up by those under him and it doesn't get reported to him. This is why whistleblowers like Ron's son are necessary.

Churches should be teaching parents how to raise their kids or deal with them (in a scriptural way).  If their kids don't want to live under their rules than have them go out on their own or if necessary put them in a foster program (that could also have problems though). It's actually more Biblical than sending kids to a boarding school. There's that story of the prodigal son for example.  There's something wrong with a church if a pastor can't give counselling to these families and instead recommends a boarding school. I would be going to another church if that was the case. 
 

illinoisguy

Member
Registered
Joined
Jan 1, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
7
Points
18
I don't know the current policies at Hephzibah House, but the policy used to be that if you sent your daughter there, it was for a term of 15 months and parents were not supposed to pull their daughters out before the 15 months were over. During that time, the inmates were not allowed to have any unsupervised contact with any outsiders, including their parents and pastors, which might give them an opportunity to gripe about the conditions of their incarceration. 

I was a member of an IFB church that supported Hephzibah House.  Ron Williams was a regular speaker at our church where he would make weird, extremist remarks such as "Don't let your children have any friends," no TV allowed, etc.  I and some other members protested against the church policy of giving to Hephzibah House but of course we were ignored - this cause is a sacred cow among IFBs.  There were a lot of complaints and accusations made against them by the former Hephzibah girls, which were publicized by Bassenco (Jeri Massi's Blog on the Way site).  Ron and his loyal minions denied everything, insisting that all of the girls were liars.
 

Twisted

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
11,975
Reaction score
17
Points
38
illinoisguy said:
I don't know the current policies at Hephzibah House, but the policy used to be that if you sent your daughter there, it was for a term of 15 months and parents were not supposed to pull their daughters out before the 15 months were over. During that time, the inmates were not allowed to have any unsupervised contact with any outsiders, including their parents and pastors, which might give them an opportunity to gripe about the conditions of their incarceration. 

I was a member of an IFB church that supported Hephzibah House.  Ron Williams was a regular speaker at our church where he would make weird, extremist remarks such as "Don't let your children have any friends," no TV allowed, etc.  I and some other members protested against the church policy of giving to Hephzibah House but of course we were ignored - this cause is a sacred cow among IFBs.  There were a lot of complaints and accusations made against them by the former Hephzibah girls, which were publicized by Bassenco (Jeri Massi's Blog on the Way site).  Ron and his loyal minions denied everything, insisting that all of the girls were liars.
Very interesting.  Thanks.
 

Tarheel Baptist

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
7,633
Reaction score
8
Points
38
TheRealJonStewart said:
Hezbollah house? Isn't that a terrorist group.
I called it that back in the old days.
It's a fundamentalist thing... :)
 

Twisted

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
11,975
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
illinoisguy said:
https://www.drphil.com/videos/do-not-send-your-daughter-to-hephzibah-house-says-son-of-founder-and-director-speaking-out/

Hephzibah House is a home for wayward teen girls in Winona Lake, Indiana that is supported as a "mission" by many IFB churches.
I wonder if any offer to hear the other side was made?
You?d think the son of the Director and Founder of Hezbollah House was on them other side?.
We heard the horror stories from the victims on the other incarnation of the FFF.

Their stories, plus the directors son...maybe there?s a third or fourth side.
If a "ministry" like this can't, or won't, produce positive testimonies from grown women who proclaim how they were helped, I'd question it even without the negative, sour-grapes criticism.
 

brianb

Member
Registered
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
964
Reaction score
8
Points
18
I hate to say but one of the reasons this place has kept going is George W Bush's "faith-based & community initiatives" which were well-meaning but naive. 
 

FSSL

Active member
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
6,663
Reaction score
11
Points
38
I remember the brochures sent to churches for their literature racks... It was strange.

The idea that this ministry could gain acceptance/legitimacy based on their "Schizophrenic Women" pamphlet is mind-numbing.

Here is a link to that nonsense: http://doctrine.landmarkbiblebaptist.net/SchizoWomen.html
 

voicecrying

Member
Registered
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
83
Reaction score
11
Points
8
Age
51
The honorable Rev. FSSL said:
I remember the brochures sent to churches for their literature racks... It was strange.

The idea that this ministry could gain acceptance/legitimacy based on their "Schizophrenic Women" pamphlet is mind-numbing.

Here is a link to that nonsense: http://doctrine.landmarkbiblebaptist.net/SchizoWomen.html
It's the pants' fault!
 

illinoisguy

Member
Registered
Joined
Jan 1, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
7
Points
18
Yes, this is typical extremist teaching with Hephzibah House and their followers, also the bans on TV, dating, etc.  They believe there is a big problem with IFB men lusting after the wimmin-folk who do not dress right (although I never had that problem myself as an IFB man) and the way to solve the problem is to get all the women to dress like Amish and Mennonite women do, and then the IFB men won't lust after them any more.
Only problem is, this policy doesn't work within the Amish and Mennonite movements.  There is an epidemic of sexual molestation of Amish women, in spite of their dowdy manner of dress,  by Amish men, sometimes by their own fathers and brothers.  The Internet has articles about the "Ghost Rapes" of modestly dressed Mennonite women in Bolivia, who were being raped in their sleep.  It turned out that they were being raped by Mennonite men who were using veterinary drugs to knock them out.  The whole Hephzibah House mentality is that if IFB men are lusting after the women, it is all the fault of the women for wearing pants and not being dressed right - that conveniently gets the men off the hook for their evil lustfulness - the poor helpless guys just couldn't help themselves.  (Maybe if those lustful IFB men  would just get saved, that would cure their lust problem and then we wouldn't have to demonize and run off an entire generation of Millennial women over this issue).
 

voicecrying

Member
Registered
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
83
Reaction score
11
Points
8
Age
51
Found out Lucinda, the woman on Dr. Phil still supporting Hephzibah, is a HAC grad. That helps explain why she thinks all the others are lying because she didn't witness it herself, and why she stands with the accused.

Also saw this on FB:

Her two "Masters Degrees" are from Calvary Bible College, which is so small, they don't have a website. (I found a college info site that says they have approx. 50 students a year.) Her work centers almost entirely on fighting CPS and DFS. She used to have a business reuniting foster children with their birth parents, until it was shut down by CPS. Her husband is a pastor. She says she has a ministry called "Home makers for Jesus" teaching wives and mothers how to work from home selling self-published books on Amazon and crafts on Etsy because "we believe God meant for all women to be at home."
 

illinoisguy

Member
Registered
Joined
Jan 1, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
7
Points
18
For those who would like to follow up on the ongoing saga of Hephzibah House, the 39 minute video of the Dr. Phil January 14 broadcast (follow-up of the shorter Jan. 13 video posted earlier) can be accessed by googling "dr phil episode January 14 2020." Sorry, I do not seem to be able to post the actual video.
 

FSSL

Active member
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
6,663
Reaction score
11
Points
38

illinoisguy

Member
Registered
Joined
Jan 1, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
7
Points
18
More from Ben Williams from his Truth About Hephzibah Facebook page (check it out). As a former IFB, I basically agree with this, except it is a bit harsh to describe David Cloud, a long-time vocal critic of Jack Hyles, as a Hyles "off-shoot," but on the other hand, Cloud has occasionally quoted Ron Williams in a favorable manner.

Benjamin Williams
January 20 at 7:08 AM ·
Over the past days I have had a lot of folks message me with concern that I have declared war on the IFB movement. I want to clarify. The extreme fundamentalist side of the IFB have tainted and destroyed the name Fundamentalist. I am personally a Baptist and believe as a Baptist. I am however strongly against the IFB legalistic extremes. This movement has taught for some time based on Fear and complete control. They use the bible as a weapon to control you. They justify abuse and call it biblical correction. They hide abusers because they claim its only a church matter and they do not want to hurt the church. They demand complete loyalty. The number one focus of the extreme fundamentalist is externals; thus they preach and focus on standards. The Fundamentalist extremists teach, believe, and adhere to the false teaching that they must break and destroy your will before you are worthy. It is so very important to understand God gives us free will and is not breaking us but rather he is molding us. The extreme IFB wants complete robotic obedience from you. They do not want you to ever ask questions they only want you to obey. I have observed most of my life seeing the victims targeted and the perpetrator protected.
For those of you who want so see change-- Stand up and say enough! Stop allowing these narcissists to lead you. Stop allowing abusers and pedophiles to be leaders in your churches. Stop allowing these sins to be covered. Stop allowing abuse in your churches. Stop thinking that standards are more important than anything else Stop following the abusive destructive teachings of men and groups such as Jack Hyles, and all of his off-shoot colleagues: Ron Wiliams, Lester Roloff, the Pearls, Baptist College of Ministry, Fairhaven, Jack Patterson, Bob Gray Sr, Allen Domelle, Bill Gothard, David Cloud, The Duggars, Greg Neal, David Gibbs, jr., the list goes on and on.
As an example of false teaching, I heard taught from the pulpit my entire growing up years that if a woman wore pants she cannot have a true walk with God and was blaspheming God. I was taught its the woman's fault if she got violated because she was dressed wrong.
There are countless thousands of good people ensnared in the web of cultish thinking in these extreme fundamentalist churchs. Friends, Legalism and extreme Fundamentalism destroys lives. Stand up and say ENOUGH! Get out of the clutches of the false teachers and lovers of abuse.

 
Top