Sorry, FSU Shouldn’t Get In

#2 Washington vs. #3 Texas, Sugar Bowl

#1 Michigan vs. #5 Alabama, Rose Bowl

🤔

#2 Washington vs. #3 Texas, Sugar Bowl

#1 Michigan vs. #5 Alabama, Rose Bowl

🤔
I feel badly for FSU and Georgia, but without their starting quarterback, the Noles offense is absolute dog water. Georgia, unfortunately lost the one that mattered most. Since my Tigers aren’t in it, all I have to say is Roll Tide!!!

I don't have any dogs in the fight. I guess Washington but that's on the left side of the state. This is Cougar country so rooting for the Huskies is tantamount to treason.

I don't see Washington standing a chance against Michigan or Alabama. Texas? Meh... Totally different conferences. Oregon is the toughest opponent Washington has faced this year.

Last edited:
The Fact that Alabama is in is proof of Original Sin.

I feel badly for FSU and Georgia, but without their starting quarterback, the Noles offense is absolute dog water. Georgia, unfortunately lost the one that mattered most. Since my Tigers aren’t in it, all I have to say is Roll Tide!!!
How can a Geaux Tigers fan root for The Tide? My son in law was raised, went to high school on campus, college and their church is on campus. Needless to say he's a Tiger fan, and so am I now.

How can a Geaux Tigers fan root for The Tide? My son in law was raised, went to high school on campus, college and their church is on campus. Needless to say he's a Tiger fan, and so am I now.
Wrong Tigers, bud. I’m a Clemson guy, not LSU, but regardless of my ACC ties, I still can’t hate on SEC football. I’ve lived in SEC land my entire life.

Wrong Tigers, bud. I’m a Clemson guy, not LSU, but regardless of my ACC ties, I still can’t hate on SEC football. I’ve lived in SEC land my entire life.
Ah, I get it. I can rot for anyone but the Tide. Something just rankles me about Saban.

I regularly used to dog the ACC as not being deserving, prior to Dabo's dynasty run. That "weak sauce" argument about the ACC not being deserving was proven wrong by Clemson time and again, so I don't feel like that kind of argument should have held any weight at all in this discussion. Tide should have lost to a crappy Auburn team but was bailed out by a miracle play and more to the point, THEY LOST A FOOTBALL GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! In what world does a loss not count as more damaging than ALL WINS (in a power 5 conference)?

I regularly used to dog the ACC as not being deserving, prior to Dabo's dynasty run. That "weak sauce" argument about the ACC not being deserving was proven wrong by Clemson time and again, so I don't feel like that kind of argument should have held any weight at all in this discussion. Tide should have lost to a crappy Auburn team but was bailed out by a miracle play and more to the point, THEY LOST A FOOTBALL GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! In what world does a loss not count as more damaging than ALL WINS (in a power 5 conference)?
You make some valid points. After reading your argument, FSU probably did deserve a CFP spot based on their perfect record and defensive performances. However, it was painful watching the third string rookie quarterback. I think the committee feared an absolute bloodbath with him leading the team, which is probably accurate, but as you pointed out, FSU still went undefeated.

You make some valid points. After reading your argument, FSU probably did deserve a CFP spot based on their perfect record and defensive performances. However, it was painful watching the third string rookie quarterback. I think the committee feared an absolute bloodbath with him leading the team, which is probably accurate, but as you pointed out, FSU still went undefeated.

You bring up the ONLY (okay, maybe the Strength of Schedule metric bears some scrutiny, but that gets washed out by the Bama loss IMNSHO) legitimate criticism of FSU in answering the question of "who is the best 4 teams". No doubt they are a different team with the stud starter out for the season, but their backup qb was in concussion protocol and they still won a conference championship with a freshman that couldn't find his butt with both hands. That's a pretty good defense, even if it was against Louisville (as opposed to Milroe/Bama, or Nix/Oregon, etc). I invoke the OSU/Cardale Jones 2014 season (though the analogy between him and FSUs second stringer obviously may fail at some point) when a 3rd string guy took us to a Natty. The freshman obviously wasn't going to do that, but who knows about what would've happened with the regular backup....we'll never know, and it's a crime.

You bring up the ONLY (okay, maybe the Strength of Schedule metric bears some scrutiny, but that gets washed out by the Bama loss IMNSHO) legitimate criticism of FSU in answering the question of "who is the best 4 teams". No doubt they are a different team with the stud starter out for the season, but their backup qb was in concussion protocol and they still won a conference championship with a freshman that couldn't find his butt with both hands. That's a pretty good defense, even if it was against Louisville (as opposed to Milroe/Bama, or Nix/Oregon, etc). I invoke the OSU/Cardale Jones 2014 season (though the analogy between him and FSUs second stringer obviously may fail at some point) when a 3rd string guy took us to a Natty. The freshman obviously wasn't going to do that, but who knows about what would've happened with the regular backup....we'll never know, and it's a crime.
Another thing I thought about is that, although a long shot, who’s to say that the opposing QB doesn’t get hurt and then all is equal.

Alayman - I don’t often change my mind, but you succeeded. FSU should have been granted a spot. Are you moonlighting as an attorney? 😉