Doctor
Registered
Reaction score

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed Trump stiffing Pelosi.

Pelosi returns the favor by tearing up the speech.

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
The fact-checkers will go nuts with all the claims made tonight.

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
The Rush moment was very nice.

I'm concerned they did it then because they probably know how little time he has left.

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
The returning soldier was great, as well.

End all the "wars". Mr. President and they don't have to leave.

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump proclaiming how much we spend with dollars we don't have.

No one cares.

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
That Iowa woman who cast her ballot for Pete and then found out he was queer shows the ignorance of a huge majority of Americans, not just Democrats.

(Sorry, off-topic, but wanted to through this in here now)

Sherryh

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Great speech!! God bless America!!

brianb

Registered
Reaction score
Trump highest approval rating - Gallup Poll

And that's before the SOTU. After it could be 50% or higher.

Last edited:

Baptist City Holdout

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
That Iowa woman who cast her ballot for Pete and then found out he was queer shows the ignorance of a huge majority of Americans, not just Democrats.

(Sorry, off-topic, but wanted to through this in here now)
Hey, you started the thread. Have at it!

HeDied4U

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump's new nickname for Pelosi -- Classless Nancy

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
Not a single liberal friend of min on Facebook even mentions Pelosi ripping the speech apart.
A real indefensible and childish display.

illinoisguy

Registered
Reaction score
Pretty good speech, even if Nancy Pe-Lousy didn't like it. I didn't realize that Catch and Release has finally been ended. If true, that's a good thing - now, onward to eliminate Sanctuary Cities, abortion funding and all that other bad stuff. I believe that Trump will be re-elected, as long as there is no big crash in the economy and as long as Trump keeps his campaign promise to not start any more new "pre-emptive wars of choice" in the Middle East (or any kind of war, anywhere).

sword

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Democrats all know Trump will run on his record and his record is good.

The clowns they are running do not have a chance in the actual election against Trump.

That's why they are making a way for Bloomberg to get in the game, he's their only shot.

They say they are for "Fair" elections but they are going to push Sanders out again.

TheRealJonStewart

Registered
Reaction score
Nancy Pelosi tearing up the speech was not a planned move. I believe that was genuine anger at Trump thus making it pretty childish to be honest. I don't know but for a fact I don't think she planned to do that.

Starlifter

Registered
Reaction score
Nancy Pelosi tearing up the speech was not a planned move. I believe that was genuine anger at Trump thus making it pretty childish to be honest. I don't know but for a fact I don't think she planned to do that.
I saw video footage from behind Nancy...She clearly ripped the speech a little before the end of the address sot that she would not have any trouble ripping it at the end.

Ransom

Lying dog-faced pony soldier
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know but for a fact I don't think she planned to do that.
There's footage that appears to be Pelosi moving the speech below the tabletop and making a small tear in the edge. When she makes the big show of ripping the speech in half, you can see what appears to be a small tear (about 1/2 to 1" long), or at least a sharp crease, at the place where it rips. Now, that could be something else. But to my eyes, it looks like she was either testing the strength of the paper, or pre-stressing it at the appropriate spot.

Smellin Coffee

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Thoughts?
Nice display of white supremacy coming from the GOP leader er... dictator, so it was all good in GOP land! LONG LIVE WHITE AMERICA!!!!

"Despite its visual and rhetorical messaging to African Americans, I heard something more sinister. What I heard was a white supremacist vision of America that alternately erased and whitewashed its history."

voicecrying

Registered
Reaction score
Nice display of white supremacy coming from the GOP leader er... dictator, so it was all good in GOP land! LONG LIVE WHITE AMERICA!!!!

"Despite its visual and rhetorical messaging to African Americans, I heard something more sinister. What I heard was a white supremacist vision of America that alternately erased and whitewashed its history."

That article reads like a purely opinion piece written by someone with a vendetta. It is full of conjecture and void of facts.

Smellin Coffee

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
That article reads like a purely opinion piece written by someone with a vendetta. It is full of conjecture and void of facts.
This opinion was written by an African-American journalist who is more privy to the subtle expressions of white supremacy than you or I could notice. And yes, he can be partisan but he also rips on Biden's racism too, so he is a non-partisan whistleblower when it comes to racism in our culture.

The fact it would be considered "conjectured" and "void of facts" by a white audience is an indication of White folks not believing Black folks' and their observation concerning white supremacy and is in itself an indication of the white supremacists culture.