Southern Baptist Convention Sliding into Oblivion!

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Posted under "Don Boys Is Right" but felt it needed more exposure.

http://donboys.cstnews.com/southern-baptist-convention-sliding-into-oblivion

Sounds like a convincing argument. It doesn't make sense for an SBC churches to support the SBC convention and the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, which leans more mainline.

This is not the first article of this type.  The news of our death has been greatly exaggerated. The SBC has dealt with liberalism and progressivism before...while there is breath we will deal with anything new that comes along. That being said, all of the Pastor's I know in the SBC, and I know many, as I have been a pastor for 37 years are not soft on inerrancy, homosexuality, women as pastors, ecumenicism, or anything else the author spoke of.  These pastors makeup the real SBC, not some anomaly somewhere.  If the SBC chooses a woman leader and really goes soft in accepting homosexuals and condoning what God condemns then it will destroy itself, but that day is not today.

Hahah this is such a ridiculous article. Yes, politically the SBC may be more liberal but theologically it is still as conservative as ever.

T-Bone said:
This is not the first article of this type.  The news of our death has been greatly exaggerated. The SBC has dealt with liberalism and progressivism before...while there is breath we will deal with anything new that comes along. That being said, all of the Pastor's I know in the SBC, and I know many, as I have been a pastor for 37 years are not soft on inerrancy, homosexuality, women as pastors, ecumenicism, or anything else the author spoke of.  These pastors makeup the real SBC, not some anomaly somewhere.  If the SBC chooses a woman leader and really goes soft in accepting homosexuals and condoning what God condemns then it will destroy itself, but that day is not today.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Twisted said:
Posted under "Don Boys Is Right" but felt it needed more exposure.

http://donboys.cstnews.com/southern-baptist-convention-sliding-into-oblivion

This article is a picture of bearing false witness! This dude is clueless! Seriously! What a bunch of hot air!

The sky is falling!!! The  sky is falling!!! With a fundy and a liberal everything is always to the extreme. Life as we know it on this planet will cease to exist.  All the while, the SBC churches just keep chugging  along just as they always have.  Most of kind of think of the Convention as a bit of a joke anyway. Our main hoe is that they don't pass some resolution that doesn't make us look like a bunch of fools. Anybody remember boycott Disney World?

Jubal Sackett

Jubal Sackett said:
The sky is falling!!! The  sky is falling!!! With a fundy and a liberal everything is always to the extreme. Life as we know it on this planet will cease to exist.  All the while, the SBC churches just keep chugging  along just as they always have.  Most of kind of think of the Convention as a bit of a joke anyway. Our main hoe is that they don't pass some resolution that doesn't make us look like a bunch of fools. Anybody remember boycott Disney World?

Jubal Sackett

Sure do...I also remember when they voted on whether a wife ought to biblical submit to her husband.  I sent in a letter to let them know that they have no right to vote on what the Scripture says...they were out of order.  The Convention only exists for one week a year...and as you said we all hope they wont pass some inane and meaningless resolution, which is unbinding on any individual church anyway. The rest of the year it is volunteer member churches carrying out the great commission both locally and globally.

Both Jack Trieber and Jack Hyles predicted years ago the SBC would slowly start to fade away. If Hyles were alive today he's let the SBC good 'ole boy network have it.

AlvinMartinezCCM said:
Both Jack Trieber and Jack Hyles predicted years ago the SBC would slowly start to fade away. If Hyles were alive today he's let the SBC good 'ole boy network have it.

And I don't know of any SBC Pastor or church that cares what either of these two had to say.  If Hyles were alive today he would be worrying about his own "MeToo" moments and that of his son's.  Also he would need a carpenter to seal that door!

Did I ever mention the time that I painted the little closet-sized room inbetween that door and the infamous secretary's office?

It has a sorting table in it, really a 6' or so of countertop, and was used "to sort mail".

T-Bone said:
AlvinMartinezCCM said:

And I don't know of any SBC Pastor or church that cares what either of these two had to say.  If Hyles were alive today he would be worrying about his own "MeToo" moments and that of his son's.  Also he would need a carpenter to seal that door!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

prophet said:
Did I ever mention the time that I painted the little closet-sized room inbetween that door and the infamous secretary's office?

It has a sorting table in it, really a 6' or so of countertop, and was used "to sort mail".

T-Bone said:
AlvinMartinezCCM said:

I don't remember you doing so, but then again I don't always read everything on here.  That would be an interesting story.

T-Bone said:
prophet said:

T-Bone said:
AlvinMartinezCCM said:

I don't remember you doing so, but then again I don't always read everything on here.  That would be an interesting story.
Well, I can testify that the door is there, and that it leads to the secretary's office, and that there is a room the size of a walk-in closet between.
I was on the maintenance staff when we remodeled that office, and there is no doubt.

prophet said:
T-Bone said:
prophet said:

T-Bone said:
AlvinMartinezCCM said:

Well, I can testify that the door is there, and that it leads to the secretary's office, and that there is a room the size of a walk-in closet between.
I was on the maintenance staff when we remodeled that office, and there is no doubt.

:eek: :eek:

AlvinMartinezCCM said:

Would Jack Hyles let all the pastors who are having an affair with their secretary have it? He was experienced with that subject! Praise God for the new pastor at FBC. He has driven out the idolatry of Jack Hyles!

T-Bone said:
AlvinMartinezCCM said:

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm scratching my head over the charges of "never trumpism" and positions on immigration. How do these reach the level of heresy?

https://christianindex.org/the-southern-baptist-convention-is-undergoing-a-seismic-shift/

T-Bone said:
AlvinMartinezCCM said:

SBCs I meet usually don?t know the name ?Hyles.? They could care less.

Escapee said:
AlvinMartinezCCM said:

Would Jack Hyles let all the pastors who are having an affair with their secretary have it? He was experienced with that subject! Praise God for the new pastor at FBC. He has driven out the idolatry of Jack Hyles!

Is that tall mural of Jack and his wife still there?